Buying bottles on 1st leg of a B2B???

With the new changes to the delivery of liquor purchased on board, how does one get bottles purchased on the 1st leg of a B2B?

I've been on a couple B2B's and this was always a great way to save money on the 2nd leg as they were just delivered to the room the last night of the first cruise. But how and when would I get my bottles with the new rules?

With the new changes to the delivery of liquor purchased on board, how does one get bottles purchased on the 1st leg of a B2B?

I've been on a couple B2B's and this was always a great way to save money on the 2nd leg as they were just delivered to the room the last night of the first cruise. But how and when would I get my bottles with the new rules?

We only do B2Bs now. The last time I purchased alcohol in a port on the 1st leg of B2B, I did as instructed & turned it in at the desk. Left my note out for the cabin steward & he left me a note saying it had been flagged as B2B and I would not get it till end of 2nd leg.

I have not bought any alcohol on the ship so don't know whether or not you'd be able to pick it up but I doubt it.

I know people say that if you buy from the shop after 7 or 8 PM on the last night, you can take it to your cabin. Not sure if this is still an option.

I have done 22 B2B cruises on Carnival, I have always waited until the last night of my 1st cruise and went around 9pm ish, and they just let me take it to me cabin to pack, (wink wink). never has been a issue. And then I have it for myself or friends who are coming to join me on my second week.

Last year on a B2B on the Triumph we went to get a bottle late on the last night of the first leg. The man in front of us was there for the same reason. They had a list of B2B guests and told him to pick it up after the last leg. We left when we heard that.

I have done 22 B2B cruises on Carnival, I have always waited until the last night of my 1st cruise and went around 9pm ish, and they just let me take it to me cabin to pack, (wink wink). never has been a issue. And then I have it for myself or friends who are coming to join me on my second week.

The policy just changed and this is no longer allowed. ALL alcohol has to be picked up the morning of debarkation.

I'm also curious to see how this works for those on b2b cruises. We did one a few years ago and picked up a bottle on the first leg for the second leg of the trip. Those were the days. :rolleyes:

Hey Chris and Cassandra!! Hope you all are doing well!

I have the exact same question since we are on a b2b come January.

It sounds like those days are over. I've never known them to have a list of B2B'ers before but I guess they have closed another loophole we've all loved :(

It sounds like those days are over. I've never known them to have a list of B2B'ers before but I guess they have closed another loophole we've all loved :(

From discussions with friends and personal experience in the past, it has always been hit and miss. Some ships had you flagged and some did not.

For the ones that did haveyou flagged, some people got others who were disembarking the next day and asked them to buy liquor for them.

Now it I'll be a little more tricky. Will that person be willing to go pick it up for you on the morning of debarkation? Maybe it will depend on how well you know that person and or how long the procedure will take. Guess we will have to see what others report in the next few weeks or so.

BTW Chris, miss all those wonderful reviews you and Cassandra used to team tag and post. You guys were terrific!

From discussions with friends and personal experience in the past, it has always been hit and miss. Some ships had you flagged and some did not.

For the ones that did haveyou flagged, some people got others who were disembarking the next day and asked them to buy liquor for them.

Now it I'll be a little more tricky. Will that person be willing to go pick it up for you on the morning of debarkation? Maybe it will depend on how well you know that person and or how long the procedure will take. Guess we will have to see what others report in the next few weeks or so.

BTW Chris, miss all those wonderful reviews you and Cassandra used to team tag and post. You guys were terrific!

Aww thank you. It just got to be too much work. We were both slammed at work coming back and didn't want to devote a week of our free time :p

This is a friend of a friend that is doing the first leg of a B2B and then sailing with us. I think we're just going to suck it up and do the Cheers card. Plenty of sea days and late nights on this one.

You are able to each bring on 2 bottles of wine at he beginning of your first cruise with the show of both cruise tickets..so at least you will have 4 bottles of wine to get you through! Don't you all think it would be nice/ helpful if CC added a B2B category on their site???!! :)

You are able to each bring on 2 bottles of wine at he beginning of your first cruise with the show of both cruise tickets..so at least you will have 4 bottles of wine to get you through! Don't you all think it would be nice/ helpful if CC added a B2B category on their site???!! :)

I sure do! There are so many things that are different for people doing a b2b.

Don't you all think it would be nice/ helpful if CC added a B2B category on their site???!! :)

You can start a thread called

"All things B2B"

Then people could add their experiences/tips/questions and link reviews to that thread.

It's the same thing people have done for specific ships and ports of call.

I have the exact same question since we are on a b2b come January.

We are in the same situation and have the same question. Has anyone tried to purchase liquor on the last night of the first leg since the policy change and taken it back to their cabin?

Edited by WindsorFred

Last year on a B2B on the Triumph we went to get a bottle late on the last night of the first leg. The man in front of us was there for the same reason. They had a list of B2B guests and told him to pick it up after the last leg. We left when we heard that.

WOW that SUCKS.

In theory you can have someone who is just doing a regular cruise buy the booze on the last day of your first leg and they give it to you.

Yes. We did it on a b2b on fascination 10/12

Was looking for anyone who has purchased liquor on the last day of the first leg, since the policy change, and taken it back to their cabin.

Edited by WindsorFred

Was looking for anyone who has purchased liquor on the last day of the first leg, since the policy change, and taken it back to their cabin.

I think you missed the point earlier. There is no same night pick up with the new policy. I tried it last week on Valor, and was told to pick it up the next morning in one of the aft lounges. I didn't try winking, but I really doubt that it would have helped!

I think you missed the point earlier. There is no same night pick up with the new policy. I tried it last week on Valor, and was told to pick it up the next morning in one of the aft lounges. I didn't try winking, but I really doubt that it would have helped!

Do you know if they had those doing b2b's flagged? Were those doing b2b's able to pick up liquor or were they told to pick up on last morning of 2nd cruise?

Do you know if they had those doing b2b's flagged? Were those doing b2b's able to pick up liquor or were they told to pick up on last morning of 2nd cruise?

same ? someone that has done a b2b sence the new rules have started

Ask a buddy or neighbor to buy the booze. It gets delivered to them on the last day of their cruise, they give it to you, and you enjoy the second half of your B2B. Problem solved!

Ask a buddy or neighbor to buy the booze. It gets delivered to them on the last day of their cruise, they give it to you, and you enjoy the second half of your B2B. Problem solved!

The policy has changed. Liquor is given out the last morning. That's why people are asking about ways to still get liquor for the second cruise