Bottle Soft Drinks

Due to health reason have been away from cruising for a little while. Do I understand correctly, no bottle soft drinks brought onboard or sold onboard?? If so goodbye Carnival hello Princess , Royal Caribbean, or anybody else.

You must of been away a long time, no bottles on any line.

Partly because of so many people trying to sneak alcohol onboard hidden in the bottles. Lots of soda bottles you can get the cap off along with the seal ring, empty contents, fill with alcohol and replace cap and seal ring with it still looking like factory sealed. Thats what carnival was looking for previously was broken seals on plastic bottles and they wouldn't let you bring it onboard.

You must of been away a long time, no bottles on any line.

Princess allows 20oz soda bottles. At least they did in January and March out of San Pedro. Even let us bring on a small soda bottle from port.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

I have never boarded a ship, any ship any line, with any kind of food or beverages. Don't quite understand the concept when I can get sodas, wine, alcholic, plenty of food either on the ship or at the ports I visit. For me, a cruise isn't a camping trip into the wilds where I need to bring my provisions and I can easily adjust my daily intake to what is available on board the ship. Also when traveling abroad I don't worry about having access to my favorites and will adjust to what each country has to offer.

I am curious if lugging things on board is a matter of money or taste or habit?

I have never boarded a ship, any ship any line, with any kind of food or beverages. Don't quite understand the concept when I can get sodas, wine, alcholic, plenty of food either on the ship or at the ports I visit. For me, a cruise isn't a camping trip into the wilds where I need to bring my provisions and I can easily adjust my daily intake to what is available on board the ship. Also when traveling abroad I don't worry about having access to my favorites and will adjust to what each country has to offer.

em

Amen, sister.

Because they don't sell every type of soft drink or juice on-board. not everyone likes Coke products, like me.

I actually cant stand Coke. They don't sell Pepsi on-board so i have to bring a 12 pack of Pepsi with me for me and my wife.

Some people like diet drinks that are not available on the ship so they have to bring it with them.

Because they don't sell every type of soft drink or juice on-board. not everyone likes Coke products, like me.

I actually cant stand Coke. They don't sell Pepsi on-board so i have to bring a 12 pack of Pepsi with me for me and my wife.

Some people like diet drinks that are not available on the ship so they have to bring it with them.

So what would you do if they didn't allow carry-on beverages at all? Aren't you glad they DO ALLOW you to bring it on board. Not being snippy, but I often wonder if folks bring their own type of pop to restaurants while on land?

We usually get a bottle of rum or vodka through BV. We like having our own prefered mixers for the room

If they would bring the price of cans of pop down like they did water, I would gladly stop carrying it on. I spend plenty on board and if I can save a few dollars here and there, I'll do it.

They changed the on board purchase price to $2.99.

Thanks for the update. I read dozens of posts here everyday, but I missed that change (if it was posted by anyone). I remember the excitement on the boards when the price first dropped unannounced one day. Everyone thought it was some kind of mistake or computer error. :eek:

Then Carnival announced the bottle ban and it was clear why they were selling water so reasonably. I suppose they had to adjust the price to prevent a revolt. I've heard that people are still lugging water, oblivious to the ban. Somehow, not everyone is getting the message about no bottles. The must have some angry pax after having their water confiscated...so here's some $2.99 12-packs.

Is Carnival sending out reminders or anything? I would hope so. It's probably stuck in that "Don't arrive at the port before 1:30 pm." email that everyone ignores and no one reads beyond the first sentence. I'll find out in a few weeks I guess. I'm in double digits to our next cruise.

Thanks for the update. I read dozens of posts here everyday, but I missed that change (if it was posted by anyone). I remember the excitement on the boards when the price first dropped unannounced one day. Everyone thought it was some kind of mistake or computer error. :eek:

Here's a link to the Fun Shops page:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/SP4/bottled-water-sm-bottles-12-pack

Enjoy tour cruise. We have to wait 'til November.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Money. A 12 pack of soda is plenty for a week. It costs $3. Why would I pay almost that per drink?

I don't drink alcohol but we bring two nice wines for my husband they cost a fraction of what they would (if even available) on the ship. Again 2 bottles is plenty for the week.

Then we leave the cruise with a $0 sign and sail bill after gratuity.

And no, I don't bring my own coke to a restaurant but I'm not there for 7+ days, tap water is fine. If it wasn't allowed, I'd just go tap water and lemonade only, but I do enjoy an occasional soda.

Edited by skittl1321

So what would you do if they didn't allow carry-on beverages at all? Aren't you glad they DO ALLOW you to bring it on board. Not being snippy, but I often wonder if folks bring their own type of pop to restaurants while on land?

But they do allow you to bring it on, so what's the problem? If you don't want to, fine don't. But if they allow it and someone does, what's it to you??