Legend Friends September 2012 are back!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Friends who sailed Legend, September 9, 2012
A place for friends who have sailed together on the Legend, September 9, 2012
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:47 AM.
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I have to agree Doris, I think the prices have stagnated - the sales are not really sales. And the closer to a sail date, the higher they go.

I'm all set for this year and next year. Then we will see. I wouldn't mind going on the Paradise to Cuba in 2019, but they don't go that far out yet. Other than that....same old, same old.

On the one hand, I'm determined that I will reach Platinum in 2019. On the other hand, I'm determined to try another cruise line in 2019.

With luck, I could conceivably do both....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legend, June 2008
Carnival Glory, February 2009
Carnival Legend, September 2012
Carnival Paradise, September 2013
Carnival Paradise, September 2014
Carnival Conquest, September 2015

Carnival Splendor, October 2016

Long Beach, CA
2,128 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
No Publix here in So Cal. :-( I've never been to one so I don't know what I'm missing.

I had a really nice weekend in Paso Robles. It's a wine country 4 hours North of here. Very pretty and the weather was perfect. Low 70s and very blue skies with a few puffy white clouds. Ahhhh. There were 7 of us that rented a 4 bedroom house. We cook all our meals there which makes it fun and more affordable. Plus no one has to drive after a day of wine tasting.

11 days Flo, almost here! I bet you're excited. And 19 for Java! I go camping in about 10 days, no biggie, but I love it.

Jordan is in Canada this week with him Mom. They will be burying his dad's ashes. He was okay to go without me and I was glad to be able to stay home. I'll be able to visit more when I'm done with work. I'm dog-sitting again so I still have company. LOL Kona weighs only 8.5 pounds but she can still manage to hog a king size bed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory
11/3/13 & 12/29/13 Carnival Magic
9/9/12 & 10/14/12 Carnival Legend
3/17/12 Carnival Fantasy - #25
1/27/12 Carnival Inspiration
12/24/11 Carnival Fantasy
7/8, 8/19, 9/23 - 2011 Carnival Paradise
10/16, 11/22, 12/30 - 2010 Carnival Fascination
2/12, 3/19, 4/30, 5/21 - 2010 Carnival Paradise
8/06 & 9/06 -2009 Carnival Sensation
3/20/09 Carnival Paradise - #10!
2/27/09 Carnival Paradise
12/29/08 Carnival Paradise
5/19/08 Carnival Paradise
6/22, 10/26, 11/19 & 12/28 - 2007 Carnival Paradise
1/97 Carnival Holiday
6/94 Carnival Jubilee

[email protected]
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Patty, I see pictures of that little dog on fb and he is a cutie! I'll bet you enjoy pet sitting. My little dog is 8-1/2 pounds too - she is a little stocky thing.
Camping sounds like fun if the weather is good. When I lived in northern Illinois, we would go camping once a year in Wisconsin Dells, which is beautiful. Sometimes other locations during the summer months. We always tent-camped and cooked on the coleman stove or campfire....the think I remember most is that is wasn't a vacation for me! I still had to cook, wash the dishes, clean up, get the boys to "bed" etc. UGH - give me a cruise where I am waited on 24/7 and that is a real vacation

Doris, what activities will be on your vacation? Is it to the beach, or sightseeing?

Ann, how are things? How is Chuck?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
9,293 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
camping =even staying in hotels, is not a vacation for me, Flo, you are right, I'm still cooking, I'm still doing the dishes, still making a bed.-I used to rent a condo down in Sanibel, but except for dinner, I was still "being at home"/ except that there was a beach outside the door, not a hummingbird garden.

I checked my available vacation time, 123 hours, guess I will take some time off soon. I have the kiddie pool, think I might spend the week of the 4th there. worked 6 days last week, will work 6 days this week, I am tired. well it's Sunday, off to make lunch and head off to Create-going to try a new project today, something I thought up, will tell you if it works when I get home.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Cunard-Queen Mary 1961 NY to Cherbourg
Cunard-Queen Elizabeth 1963 Cherbourg to NY
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06
Carnival- Sensation-10/08
Carnival- Legend 01/10, 9/12, 9/16
Carnival- Fascination 12/10,11/11,10/13,11/14, 9/15
Carnival- Elation 1/14, 1/16

I will try one thing today,
that I have never done before,
and when I have finished something new,
I'll go try one thing more.
aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

[

[/url]
Georgia
1,517 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
There's no beach in Branson. (Well, we've never been but as far as I know there's a town in the Ozark Mountains). I've been planning - that's half the fun of any vacation for me. We will rest, relax (really!), explore and see some shows. We are doing a dinner cruise one evening. We absolutely love the shows on a cruise and love going to musicals and concerts. So I think we will have a good time. We are taking a different route home and stopping in Tunica, MS for an evening. Slot machines!
Hope you all have had a good Fathers Day weekend. I know some are missing their Dads as I am, still 27 years later.
Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Fascination Serenity Deck -
my favorite place to hang out!

Carnival Holiday - April 2005
Carnival Holiday - December 2008
Carnival Fascination-December2010
Carnival Fascination - May 2011
Carnival Inspiration - June 2011
Carnival Fascination - May 2012
Carnival Legend - September 2012
Carnival Breeze - April 2013
Carnival Fascination - July 2013
Carnival Breeze - August 2013
Carnival Sensation - January 2014
Carnival Fascination - June 2014
Carnival Breeze - March 2015
Carnival Vista - November 2016
Unofficial #1 fan of Bitter and Blanc
Long Beach, CA
2,128 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Yep, Kona is a cutie! We still have her, until Wednesday when her daddy's girlfriend picks her up. We are leaving Thursday right after work to go camping with a side trip to La Jolla to see "Escape to Margaritaville" the musical. We love Jimmy Buffett so I'm sure we'll enjoy this. La Jolla is only 15 miles south of where we camp. I enjoy cooking when I camp....I think anytime I'm not at work I'm happy. Don't mind a little kitchen duty as long as I have a great view and can relax after. But I'm not tending to kids either...now that would not be fun for me. LOL

123 hours....you need to take some! I could never get my vacation account to 3 digits. Even though I get 4 week of it per year. I took too many cruises to say any up.

It's been 5 years for me and I still miss him a lot. Jordan really had a tough time yesterday. The first one is always the hardest.

Only 3 more Monday's left to wake up for work. I'm down to the last month now. I can't believe it's this close!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory
1/97 Carnival Holiday
6/94 Carnival Jubilee

[email protected]
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I can't tell you how pleased I was to log on to this today and see postings from all three of you wonderful ladies!! I'm feeling a bit low and what a blessing to read your uplifting posts.

Sometimes this old life just gets you down....Yes, I miss my dad too. It never stops, just eases. And my mom's birthday on Thursday, the 22nd.

Only 3-1/2 days left of work this week, then leaving for Williamsburg. I'm sure once I get on the road, my spirits will lift - if not sooner.... There are new tiny babies to be loved from their great grandma!

Ann, you have piqued my interest - tell us whether it works or not. Maybe we will have some pointers for you in the unlikely event it doesn't work...lol

Oh Patty - so close now! Can you even believe it? I hope you have a wonderful camping trip and side trip.

Doris, have always wanted to go to Branson. And I have to agree, I love all the musical shows. And any live theater really. I normally enjoy planning, but am in such a funk that I haven't even looked at my cruise or excursions. And it's 89 days away! UGH - crabby me!

I'm going to get back to work for the last hour of this day and not bum you all out any more....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Long Beach, CA
2,128 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Hugs Flo! Hopefully its just the Monday blues. Short week, I'm sure it will get better soon!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

7/26/16 Carnival Legend
8/2/15 Carnival Liberty
4/12/15 Crystal Serenity
7/19/14 Carnival Breeze
5/17/14 Carnival Glory
1/97 Carnival Holiday
6/94 Carnival Jubilee

[email protected]
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thanks for the hugs, Patty!

Part of the problem is that I don't have enough to keep me busy here at work. Nothing worse than sitting idly but having to look like you're working.
Tom reminds me that "you make an awful lot of money doing nothing" so I should just tolerate it. So that's what I'm doing, but it still is quite unpleasant - one hour feels like three hours!

A few more days and I will have a nice long vacation. Then when we get back only a short time till cruising. After that, the holidays will be bearing down upon us.

Is it just me or is this year flying by at record speed?

A nice glazed donut or chocolate iced brownie might put me in better spirits!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
9,293 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
my idea would have worked except for the program managers for FF (family fun) who thought I was taking their grant money, and trying to program material that was not appropriate.

so here is what I was trying to do-we run the registration table for family fun, and because I have so many volunteers, I wanted to set up a table for the kids to color while their parents were filling out the registration. I was going to get a huge piece of paper, throw down my crayons, and ask them to add something to the picture. each week would be a different theme, a garden, the ocean, maybe monsters that they like, the night sky, you get the idea. my paper, my crayons. at the end of the day, we would have quite a picture, if all the kids and parents added something. they could take a picture of it at the end of the day, and we could display it the next sunday, and start another one. my boss thought it was a great idea, and her boss thought it was a great idea, but the program managers thought I was stepping all over them (ego) taking money away from their projects (greed) and wouldn't let me set up my table.

my boss asked me the other day why I was never cold in our freezing office, and I told her that enough people work in the building that keep my blood boiling that I don't get cold. so this weekend we will get less than 100 family fun visitors and I have 11 volunteers. with nothing to do......the man who is my boss over the project is livid with the idiots in programming, and doesn't feel it is any of their business how I introduce the kids to each sunday, so there you have it, the two big bosses are fighting it out, but I still cant do it.

what do you all think?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

[

[/url]
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I think you should have your boss give you the petty cash and do it anyway! It's a great idea.

It is so unfortunate that, instead of working together, the whole world is at odds - from the most minute thing to the biggest things! But that is the climate in which we live in these times.

OR - maybe you can talk to Staples or Office Depot and see if you can get them to donate a roll of paper and boxes of crayons for a "plug" - maybe a small sign near the finished picture where you post it each week saying that the art supplies donated by Staples, eg.

Two days from this moment, I will be packing up the last minute bits and driving away at 1:30. Hurry up and get here....then slow down to a crawl for the rest of the vacation time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Georgia
1,517 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Flo, I totally get it. On one hand it's nice to make big bucks while taking it easy (you've earned that through your sales), on the other hand the most tiring thing in the world is doing nothing at work and trying to seem busy.
I do love my phone games, could you play while there?

Patty, OMGsh time is flying really fast. I bet it's even going fast for you at this point? How exciting.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
9,293 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
it isn't the cash, it's the egos....and it would be a good idea0 I have even found out that I can probably get rolls from the newspaper for free, it's just that they think I am trying to up their programming. maybe I am, but it is a good idea, and doesn't cost them anything, and doesn't take away any thing from then, and while the program starts at 1. there are no activities until 1:30.

arghhh

ok boss approved vacation, is going to the third location to work that week, and I get off a Monday through sunday. yippee.

and I am still only using 24 hours of vacation time. and I am off 6 days!!

flo-have a great trip and give them biddies lots of hugs.

patty and doris-what ever you are doing, have a great time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

[

[/url]
Georgia
1,517 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
That's great, Ann - six days off and only 24 hours. I loved finagling my hours like that. I know you need a break.

Flo, are you packed and ready to go?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Doris, what are you doing up and about at 4:49 AM posting!? You are an early bird this morning!

I am not packed yet. I did get the suitcase out last night, but that's as far as I got. Tom and I will pull it all together this evening. I still have 2 more loads of laundry to do, too - some of it being packed as soon as it is dried & folded.

I think that everything else is ready, though, and we will be anxious to go at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon for the long drive.

Glad you are getting a nice long vacation, Ann. You need an AAHHH time. I find that, no matter where you work, there is always some one or two people who create problems. I do not know why all of us can't see the good in an idea or action and agree to it....there is always someone who will throw cold water on it or talk it down behind one's back. Some days I feel like I'm still in middle school with that nonsense!

So, it's about 9:30 on Thursday morning....and I had about 10 minutes of work this morning, now nothing. Oh PLEASE - not already. I can't be here till 5pm with nothing. UGH!!

Doris, I print out Sudoku and do those when I'm at a standstill here....but it gets old. Don't have games on my phone, but I might try to find Tri-Peaks solitaire...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Stone Mountain GA
9,293 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
I got to work at 9:30, was finished with what I do by 9:45, you got me beat!
I cleaned out old emails and waited with terry to go up to the off site at Chastain park, was up there , did a set up and take down, and got back to the office at 1-printed some orders, filed them, ordered a jimmy john sandwich, ate that and left at 2. found some lost tourist looking for the artistic section of town, with shops and taverns and galleries- told him to take the train to Decatur. he was from pittsburg. so I did something nice for someone. told them where to go......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06

aem

[

[/url]
Gulf Coast of Florida
3,205 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We will be driving through Georgia this evening! North on I-95 with an overnight in Richmond Hill before continuing our journey on Saturday morning.

I'm so excited - only one more hour of work until July 5!! Whew!!

All my work here is done so I will leave with an empty desk and all the i's dotted and t's crossed. BUT I know when I return it will be piled high - and I will be so glad, because it will give me lots to do for a couple of days.

If I don't get a chance to check in, I hope you all have a wonderful 4th Holiday. And I will catch up with all you news upon my return.

Hugs to you all xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature