kinds of pizza

MJShore

Hi, found this somewhere recently on the net and saved it. I don't know if it's fleet wide.

Menu

Margherita

• Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato Sauce (vegetarian)

A La Rustica

• Pepperoni, Tomato, Basil and Olive Oil

Napolitana

• Olives, Peppers, Mushrooms and Tomatoes (vegetarian)

Capriciosa

• Anchovies, Capers and Tomatoes

De Chevre

• Roasted Garlic, Mushroom Sauvage, and Goat Cheese (vegetarian)

Pan

• Sausage, Pepper, Onions and Tomatoes

Salmon pizza is available on Carnival Spirit Alaska cruises.

You can try to order a custom pie - if they have the ingredients and it isn't that busy, but you have to take the whole thing - oh darn. They are not that big.

At the pizzeria station, Calzones, Caesar salads and garlic bread are also available - an 8-10 minute wait may be requred.

Salmon pizza......hmmmm, never thought of that combination. But I do like salmon and I do like pizza so it must be good, right??

Reminds me of the slaw dog I had in North Carolina. Chili dog with cole slaw on top. I thought that was the grossest thing one could think up. But I had to eat it to be polite and it was delicious!

I agree that it's not as good as NY-style or Brooklyn pizza. However, I don't think it is terrible. A nice snack during the day or late-night. As you might expect, I found it better on certain ships. Inspiration - not so good. Valor/Freedom - Very good.

I agree, not the best, but definitely not the worse. It's not bad at all. They also have pepperoni and plain cheese.

I get annoyed by the wait for pizza. Since they are small, they only cut them into 4s. Whenever I would go, there'd only be 2 pies done. If there are 2 or 3 people ahead of you that could be 1 1/2 pies gone before you even get to the front of the line.

Salmon pizza......hmmmm, never thought of that combination. But I do like salmon and I do like pizza so it must be good, right??

Reminds me of the slaw dog I had in North Carolina. Chili dog with cole slaw on top. I thought that was the grossest thing one could think up. But I had to eat it to be polite and it was delicious!

I thought it was pretty good. Thin sliced smoked salmon, onions, capers.

Instead of on a bagel it was on a pizza and not bad.

However if you know what good pizza is, Carnival is not it!

This boy from Brooklyn knows what good pizza is.

INHO several years ago it was quite good but it has gone very far downhill.

I have to agree. We enjoyed the pizza a few years ago on the Inspiration and Elation. But when we went on the Freedom last month it wasn't good at all. It was tasteless and had the texture of cardboard. It was the only food we didn't enjoy on the Freedom.

New Flash:

Pizza was not invented in Chicago or New York, so neither is the gold standard for what good pie is. Try Naples.

Call it what you like in Chicago or New York, but it ain't real pizza!

This is what I'm talking about..

Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

but Carnival's pizza is still the best afloat.

Salmon pizza is available on Carnival Spirit Alaska cruises.

You can try to order a custom pie - if they have the ingredients and it isn't that busy, but you have to take the whole thing - oh darn. They are not that big.

At the pizzeria station, Calzones, Caesar salads and garlic bread are also available - an 8-10 minute wait may be requred.

Make sure you get a Calzone!!!! Made to order, fresh.

Margherita is my favorite of all the variety. Now that I stopped eating beef and pork, and have never liked mushrooms, it will be Margherita from now on.

Do they take speacial orders for toppings?

Provided they have the ingredients you request, they will make anything you want unless during a peak time such as lunch. then you may have to wait a while.

Archived