The price of a Suite.

Pushka

My dilemma - currently booked in an Aft vista suite on Diamond for 12 nights. And just now, an Aft mini suite on Emerald deck has been made available (starboard next to lifeboat) and which I have on hold. These have been sold out for months.

The price? $3000 cheaper for the mini plus $200 OBC.

Its a port extensive cruise but having been to a few before we might enjoy a quiet ship.

I know we would love the suite, but not having experienced the suite before, is it really worth $3000 (around $2500 USD).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My dilemma - currently booked in an Aft vista suite on Diamond for 12 nights. And just now, an Aft mini suite on Emerald deck has been made available (starboard next to lifeboat) and which I have on hold. These have been sold out for months.

Its a port extensive cruise but having been to a few before we might enjoy a quiet ship.

I know we would love the suite, but not having experienced the suite before, is it really worth $3000 (around $2500 USD).

I wouldn't pay it, but I know some would,

We stick with balcony I don't even think a mini is worth extra, but then I need a shower that isn't over the tub.

We love the space. Our last two cruises have been in the PH on the Celebrity Constellation. 1,400 square feet. However, I really am a Princess fan and recently booked a Vista Suite on the Crown. More space than a mini but not as expensive as anything larger.

We've sailed in the aft-most port-side mini on Emerald deck and loved it. It offers cover from the sun and it's large enough to do Ultimate Balcony Dining inside the room without feeling cramped. However, on a 12-day, where I wasn't really interested in the ports, I'd go with the VS.

That is a big difference in price. I love when I can afford a suite and the aft suites with the larger balconies are my favorite, but I go mini when I can't afford it. Not sure the aft is worth an extra 3000. I would miss some of the perks especially Sabatini breakfast, but 3000 is a good deposit for another cruise. Since you haven't done a suite yet, you wouldn't miss anything. Sometimes harder to go back to lower level after you experience something.

We would stay with the suite, especially on a 12-day cruise. It's $250 a night extra, and worth it to us, especially an AFT suite. We are not retired, and only get a couple of weeks vacation a year. When we do get to take a cruise, we try to go 1st class all the way. We realize it does not make sense to others, just the way we look at it.

Thankyou everyone. I know I would have been very happy with the mini if I had selected that first but there has not been availability on Emerald deck for months and then this one popped up. I have been checking each week. And there is no way if I had booked that first, that I would think of upgrading for $3000. The mind plays tricks on us. I have a couple more days yet. One thing that did bother me was being at the aft end and the rocking in high weather. I know I would love the extras and Sabatini's. The space.. And so on. And everyone here has presented really great thoughts either way.

That is a big difference in price. I love when I can afford a suite and the aft suites with the larger balconies are my favorite, but I go mini when I can't afford it. Not sure the aft is worth an extra 3000. I would miss some of the perks especially Sabatini breakfast, but 3000 is a good deposit for another cruise. Since you haven't done a suite yet, you wouldn't miss anything. Sometimes harder to go back to lower level after you experience something.

I totally agree. :D

We always get either an aft full suite or an aft minisuite and both will give you alot of rockin' and rollin' in rough weather. Won't matter if you're in the very back or right next to the very back. If you want to feel as little motion as possible, get a cabin as low as possible and in the middle of the ship.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

If the cruise is port intensive, $3000 seems like way too much and a deal breaker. I would take the mini and use the 3K for a future cruise.

That works for me, but everyone has different preferences. If you want to go with the great suite, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I have traveled in suites. I have not done a Med cruise that is port intensive.

The biggest perk is breakfast at Sabatini's. From what I understand, you may miss many breakfasts because service is slow and enjoyable. If you have early morning tours, you will probably miss most of these breakfasts.

That's just my take.

In light of it it being a port intensive cruise, I'd say probably save the $3,000 and do the mini suite. The perks are awesome, but with $3,000, you could probably book a separate short cruise in a suite and really max out on the perks!

Since you put on hold the mini after booking the suite, I guess you preferred the mini had it not been sold out for months.

I would go for the mini then and spend the $2500 net savings for other perks in the same cruise. Unless you really want to experience the suite at that amount.

We would stay with the suite, especially on a 12-day cruise. It's $250 a night extra, and worth it to us, especially an AFT suite. We are not retired, and only get a couple of weeks vacation a year. When we do get to take a cruise, we try to go 1st class all the way. We realize it does not make sense to others, just the way we look at it.

Well said.....:):):)

Bob

Since you put on hold the mini after booking the suite, I guess you preferred the mini had it not been sold out for months.

I would go for the mini then and spend the $2500 net savings for other perks in the same cruise. Unless you really want to experience the suite at that amount.

Yes, that is a good point. I would have booked the mini on Emerald upfront. I have never cruised in a suite before, and I tend to choose something that at least has a balcony, and then an upgraded one (eg Mini on RCL and Aqua on Celebrity). I didn't want a Dolphin open air mini at all. I do like the Aft, but $3000AUD is a lot - over 60% the cost of the mini! It will pay for the AIBP, and an excursion or two, and the balance of the auto tips - the OBC will pay for one lot of auto tips.

I did lash out on Business Class flights to get us to Singapore though!

Edited by Pushka

Yes, that is a good point. I would have booked the mini on Emerald upfront. I have never cruised in a suite before, and I tend to choose something that at least has a balcony, and then an upgraded one (eg Mini on RCL and Aqua on Celebrity). I didn't want a Dolphin open air mini at all. I do like the Aft, but $3000AUD is a lot - over 60% the cost of the mini! It will pay for the AIBP, and an excursion or two, and the balance of the auto tips - the OBC will pay for one lot of auto tips.

I did lash out on Business Class flights to get us to Singapore though!

Nice! Don't forget your trip insurance to cover also your Business class ticket.

Enjoy your cruise!

We go in suites only but for 3000 take the MINI - it's not an inside cabin its a large space with a separate seating area and on port intensive even Sabatini's feels rushed - take the 3000 and put towards suite on Caribbean cruise and then enjoy the leisurely space!!!!