Where is the Golden cruising this summer?

seattleslew

My two favorite waiters and favorite headwaiter email me that they are on the Golden right now sailing in Asia. I'd love to go join them but can't figure out where she's cruising after this segment; I haven't asked my guys yet, and haven't called Princess either. I suspect they might not even know where they're headed next. Or do you think they may know but might not be allowed to tell me? Anyone have any idea if she's being chartered somewhere in Asia for the next few months? If you want to know who my favorite headwaiter is, it's Rafael, the big guy from Mexico City! My waiter tells me that Rafael is a really, really good guy to work for. Nice to know!

Step 1: Go to http://princess.com

Step 2: Mouse over Learn & Plan, then pick Search Cruise Vacations

Step 3: On the left, change "Ship - Any" to Golden Princess

Step 4: In the middle, pick the month(s) you want to research

Step 5: Click View Results

Step 6: Enjoy the information

I've tried all the secrets I know and nothing shows for the Golden for June or July. The first available cruise I can see is August. Am I missing something? Or will it possibly be sailing under a different umbrella these next 3 months? I'll ask the guys if they know.

I've tried all the secrets I know and nothing shows for the Golden for June or July. The first available cruise I can see is August. Am I missing something? Or will it possibly be sailing under a different umbrella these next 3 months? I'll ask the guys if they know.

You must be clicking something besides the month(s) and the ship; Jun14 Osaka to Los Angeles, July 7 LA to Sydney, July 29 Hawaii, Tahiti.

Edited by cherylandtk

In the 2016-2017 Princess cruise atlas there is a big blank space from May-Sept 2016 for the Golden Princess. Must be charters I guess

I guess we'll just have to wait and then watch the web-cam and track her through one of the marine traffic tracking sites.

Doing a repositioning cruise on the Golden Princess on the 17th October this year from Beijing China to Sydney Australia. Then the Golden is cruising in Aussie waters.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Bob.

Those are 2017 voyages.

Whoops, my bad!:o

But I think I might have the answer. She's in China, sailing the China market. Right now on her way to Taipei according to Marine Traffic. I suppose the China sailings are not marketed to the west (you cannot find the Sapphire on the booking engine either) and there was a press blurb and trade announcement back in June of last year that she would sail the China market this summer.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12739-golden-princess-to-china-for-2016.html

Edited by cherylandtk

It had to be a charter because it's obviously not available to book. Can you imagine how far in advance these arrangements are made because the Cruise Atlas was printed eons ago. It just boggles my mind to think of how complicated cruising is when you get down to the nitty gritty of it. Anyway, wouldn't you know that when I find my all-time favorite crew working together on the same ship, and my favorite ship at that, I can't cruise with them! Bummer.