Pacific Princess laundromat

sohoda

I will soon be on the Pacific Princess and plan to use the laundromat on deck 7. Does anyone know what form of payment the machines take - tokens, swipe my room card, or quarters? Also, is laundry detergent available for purchase? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don't remember. (I'm a lot of help, I know. :D) My last time on her was the 50th Anniversary cruise, and just about everyone on board was elite. I didn't have much to launder, so I didn't send it out, but I didn't use the laundromat, either. Back in the dark distant past on PP, it was quarters, but they may have updated things by now. Maybe someone who actually knows something (like an elite on the 50th cruise who didn't gamble with slow laundry turn around and used the laundromat) will come along and answer your question. ;)

It's a 'swipe the card for tokens' system but it is often broken. Luckily, it's just a short walk down from Deck 7 to Deck 4 and the PSD to get a token. There is a dispenser selling detergent, bleach and fabric softener. I believe those are $1.50 each; washer and dryer were $3 each.

Thanks for the info. We will be doing some laundry while on the Pacific Princess in just a few short weeks. Someday soon we will be "elite" and have to say we will be very happy when that day arrives. :)

They changed it.

In December it was tokens only.

As of five minutes ago it was three dollars for wash or dry, and a dollar 50 for laundry products. Tokens are vended from a machine you swipe your card in. The wash/dry machine say 200 on the digital display so it is possible they take Quarters. I didn't test. The laundry product vendor is definitely token only.

Edited by Wehwalt

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is useful to know. When we cruised on PP in 2012, the laundry ran on quarters. As we were in Europe, and had come from NZ, no quarters to be had except from the desk. I almost had a stand up argument with an unreceptive clerk type at the pursers desk, they wanted to charge me something ridiculous to change some euros to quarters! Luckily I was rescued by an apologetic senior staff member.

We've just booked for 23 nights next year, and one of the first things I wondered was how I was going to manage the washing :) . Now I know!

Cheers

Hi Kiwi!

I ordered 3-in-1 laundry sheets online (soap & softener). 10 sheets for about $6US. The sheet goes right from the washer into the dryer with the load. They work great! No static cling. I don't know if you can find them down under, but worth a try! :D

Happy Sailing!

Now we are not elite but we feel we can answer this one,it is tokens system,if its jammed find and aussie,bludge some washers drop them in and give it a kick,ya know what its about bro/:cool:You will also meet some interesting people lurking round the laundry,usually blue carders,but you will be fine.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Now we are not elite but we feel we can answer this one,it is tokens system,if its jammed find and aussie,bludge some washers drop them in and give it a kick,ya know what its about bro/:cool:You will also meet some interesting people lurking round the laundry,usually blue carders,but you will be fine.

Nah even old Plat carders lurk in the laundry, I expect when it goes black I'll still be sent off to do a load or two, we both have delicate skin, and she's fussy about who washes the smalls, and even the not so smalls

Im not sure im comfortable with that,lurking round laundries,elevators,and the dark recesses of the ship have always been the domain of the blue carders.Is it right that elites can use the commoners laundry,do we have to face the wall and retreat.I mean after all they do get a little brown paper bag and a service that takes 2 days for theirs.:eek::eek:and it usually comes back more stained and shrunk.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Im not sure im comfortable with that,lurking round laundries,elevators,and the dark recesses of the ship have always been the domain of the blue carders.Is it right that elites can use the commoners laundry,do we have to face the wall and retreat.I mean after all they do get a little brown paper bag and a service that takes 2 days for theirs.:eek::eek:and it usually comes back more stained and shrunk.

No need to turn your face to the wall

Just leave the room:p

Edited by GUT2407

Got it avert eyes and scuttle.

Easy really.

And then come back and go bersek because someone has removed your precious laundry from the dryer,that has been sitting in there for 4 hrs,whilst you get smashed at the bar.

So many rules.

So many conundrums.

So much common sence.

Edited by mrs and mrs

Where did you find the (Purell?) 3in1 sheets? I'm almost out. When I realized Walmart was clearancing them out I bought all they had., now I can't find them anywhere. I prefer those to the plastic pouches out now.

Hi Kiwi!

I ordered 3-in-1 laundry sheets online (soap & softener). 10 sheets for about $6US. The sheet goes right from the washer into the dryer with the load. They work great! No static cling. I don't know if you can find them down under, but worth a try! :D

Happy Sailing!

Where did you find the (Purell?) 3in1 sheets? I'm almost out. When I realized Walmart was clearancing them out I bought all they had., now I can't find them anywhere. I prefer those to the plastic pouches out now.

Ebay. Purell stopped making them.