Ft Lauderdale excursion on disembarkation day?

Mud_Shark

Has anyone taken the princess excursion:

Everglades Airboat Ride & Eco-Adventure with Fort Lauderdale Airport Transfer (Disembarkation)

on Disembarkation day? Just wondering what time they drop you off at the airport? The info says it is for any flights leaving after 1pm.

Our flight leaves at 1pm. I don't want to push it too close that we worry about getting there on time.

Thanks for any feedback. This isn't until November, but if we can fit this in - it sounds good.

Don

The excursion length is listed as 2.25 hours.

But if you look at the detailed description it states 45 min transit + 1 hour at site + 45 min return transit. And that makes 2.5 hours.

So if your arrival time at Port Everglades is 7:00, they should have the tour groups off the ship by 7:45 with the intent of everyone thru baggage claim and on the bus by 8:30-8:45. Thus back to FLL circa 11:00-11:15.

If the arrival time is later than 7:00 they would likely only recommend the excursion for flights after 12 or 12:30. So if your have entered your flight times in the cruise personalizer and it allows you to reserve this excursion then Princess plans (at this time anyway) for it to depart the ship and arrive at the airport on time.

If the excursion says flights after 1:00 and your flight is right on 1:00 you'll be fine. You'd probably even be okay if your flight was at 12:30. In our experiences with post-cruise tour transportation booked through the ship they are generous in the amount of time you'll have at the airport.

Thanks.

The reservations for this are not yet open as we are 6 months out from sail date, but I will make sure my flight times are in the cruise personalizer and hopefully we should be able to book it when the time comes.

Don

Has anyone taken the princess excursion:

Everglades Airboat Ride & Eco-Adventure with Fort Lauderdale Airport Transfer (Disembarkation)

on Disembarkation day? Just wondering what time they drop you off at the airport? The info says it is for any flights leaving after 1pm.

Our flight leaves at 1pm. I don't want to push it too close that we worry about getting there on time.

Thanks for any feedback. This isn't until November, but if we can fit this in - it sounds good.

Don

Being mainly an airport transfer, they will need your flight schedule and will guarantee your timely arrival if they allow you to join the excursion.

They actually ask the people on the bus when their flights are and adjust the time to the airport based on the earliest. Others on bus with later flights may not be happy with you.... In practice the tour has a large airboat ride, some time for shopping, and a chance to see an alligator show - it really doesn't take that long. When we were there the folks handling the gators were the ones from the Gator Boys tv show.

You're going in the fall when it cools off so don't expect too much because if it has been a cold snap the gators go down in the mud. Depends on the temp. Usually warm til Dec tho. Came down the canal at Kissimmee Lakes and an 18 ft Alligator came off the bank like a torpedo. Almost went over the boat but fortunately went under.

I've taken the Everglades excursion twice. Wasn't really happy with it the second time (this past January). The smell from the, what looked like to me, sewage/chemicals by the boat dock was nauseating and the Gator show was nothing special. Our first visit (two years prior) was MUCH better.

On the brighter side, we LOVED the Flamingo Gardens part of the tour and wished we had more time there. Next time we are thinking about renting a car and just spenind the day at Flamingo Gardens. It was fantastic.

We we're at the airport by 11am btw.

Cheers,

Deb

we would do the tour with the flamingo gardens addition, but thought that would take more time and put us in a tight squeeze. I assume they are separate bus loads - one going to the airport after the boat ride and gator show, the other heading on to the flamingo gardens?

Thanks for the input.

Don

I've taken the Everglades excursion twice. Wasn't really happy with it the second time (this past January). The smell from the, what looked like to me, sewage/chemicals by the boat dock was nauseating and the Gator show was nothing special. Our first visit (two years prior) was MUCH better.

On the brighter side, we LOVED the Flamingo Gardens part of the tour and wished we had more time there. Next time we are thinking about renting a car and just spenind the day at Flamingo Gardens. It was fantastic.

We we're at the airport by 11am btw.

Cheers,

Deb

We loved Flamingo Gardens as well. We took the Princess tour in February and the gators were not to be seen as it was too cold. Princess Tour was back earlier than stated for us.

We did this excursion in October. It wasn't that long and you will arrive with plenty of time for your flight. I thought the tour was just so-so, I think we saw one gator and the tour guide spent most of his time feeding potato chips to some rather aggressive birds. It was very chilly, bring a sweater and maybe a scarf too. Overall it was not that great however, ANYTHING is better than sitting in the miserable, god awful FLL airport amongst many thousand of others, with limited seating and nowhere even remotely decent to eat.

we would do the tour with the flamingo gardens addition, but thought that would take more time and put us in a tight squeeze. I assume they are separate bus loads - one going to the airport after the boat ride and gator show, the other heading on to the flamingo gardens?

Thanks for the input.

Don

We did both, but we had a late flight. But like I said, we were at the airport by 11am.

We did the Everglades AND Flamingo Park disembarkation excursion which I believe was for flights after 2:30 and loved it. We met at about 8:00 and were departing via bus around 9:15. We were dropped off at the airport around 1:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I signed my granddaughter and myself up for this one, I have never been, check off another National Park[emoji3]I took the post cruise excursion for the Miami and SouthBeach tour before and really enjoyed it. Flights to Denver always leave about 5:00pm, so a great way to kill time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I signed my granddaughter and myself up for this one, I have never been, check off another National Park[emoji3]I took the post cruise excursion for the Miami and SouthBeach tour before and really enjoyed it. Flights to Denver always leave about 5:00pm, so a great way to kill time!

Aside from the site, your granddaughter won't get bored waiting for your flight time.

I signed my granddaughter and myself up for this one, I have never been, check off another National Park[emoji3]

Technically you still will not have visited the Everglades National Park since the National Park doesn't allow airboat rides. If the excursion is to Everglades Holiday Park that is on Broward County land and the airboat ride probably goes into the Everglades Wildlife Management and Water Conservation Area but, and obviously this is the most important thing, the flora and fauna will be the same as in the park.