azamazing Evening St Petersburg conflicts with Moscow shorex

anonymousegirl

We aren't sailing until June 2016, but I noticed that at least for 2015, Azamara has scheduled the Nights and Cool Places Caviar tasting for the first evening in St Petersburg and the Azamazing evening with the Russian Ballet for the second night. Problem is for those of us wishing to do the 18 hour Moscow excursion, (only offered the second day), we will miss the Azamazing evening.

I was really looking forward to seeing the Russian ballet, and now to do so, have to spend another $236 to see it the first night. And even then, it won't be the special experience of the Azamazing evening is going to be.

I really hope enough people feel the same way I do, and Azamara can switch the evenings around!

the evenings are very short - show about 30 to 40 minutes in most places.. skip it and enjoy another city.

I can't recall the exact length but our ballet experience in 2014 certainly seemed to be at least an hour and was, in our unsophisticated opinion, very well done. Strong principal dancers, corps, and 60-70 piece orchestra in a very evocative venue.

As a previous poster has suggested, there may not be a lot of cruisers taking the Moscow option and thus the second night may be the favoured choice for this event.

Personally, we don't think you can spend too much time St. Petersburg.

We envy anyone cruising to that beautiful city.

When we were in St. Petersburg only a handful of people took the Moscow tour. I did not hear from a single one subsequently who didn't regret having done so. Too much time waiting and in transportation and barely any time to see anything in the city. Plus they were wasted the next day and so didn't enjoy St. Petersburg then. If you absolutely have to check Moscow off your bucket list and you'll never be in Russia again, then do what you need to do. But the people who have enjoyed Moscow are those who have taken a river cruise in Russia.

When we were in St. Petersburg only a handful of people took the Moscow tour. I did not hear from a single one subsequently who didn't regret having done so. Too much time waiting and in transportation and barely any time to see anything in the city. Plus they were wasted the next day and so didn't enjoy St. Petersburg then. If you absolutely have to check Moscow off your bucket list and you'll never be in Russia again, then do what you need to do. But the people who have enjoyed Moscow are those who have taken a river cruise in Russia.

This will be our second Baltics cruise so we have already seen Catherine's Palace, Peterhof, the Hermitage, and the two major churches in St Petersburg. With three days in SP, we can do the Moscow day, and still revisit our favorites.

• 1 month later...

So I sent an email off to Azamara and they have changed the Azamazing Evening to the first night in St. Petersburg!

They also changed it from a ballet performance to a symphony concert. Not surprising since they have a ballet performance in the Land Discoveries already. So now I have to decide on the Azamazing evening or the ballet on the first night as we are still planning on doing the Moscow excursion on the second day.