Champagne

mp8shnt

Is there a complimentary champagne served on board? I did look at the Beverage Packages, Basic Included, and Wine packages and did not see any Champagne.

Edited by mp8shnt

Is there a complimentary champagne served on board? I did look at the Beverage Packages, Basic Included, and Wine packages and did not see any Champagne.

Sparkling wines are not included in your cruise fare. You'll get a glass when you board and it will be served at the Meet and Greet, Club Voyage parties, maybe captain's party, etc. But you can't order sparkling wine at a bar or at dinner without either paying by the glass or paying for a liquor package.

First time on Azamara -- British Open Golf Cruise July 2016. Very disappointed Azamara doesn't offer a prosecco or other type of sparkling wine even celebrity includes it in their basic beverage package. Hoping Azamara will re-assess soon and add it. Costs no more than other wines.

First time on Azamara -- British Open Golf Cruise July 2016. Very disappointed Azamara doesn't offer a prosecco or other type of sparkling wine even celebrity includes it in their basic beverage package. Hoping Azamara will re-assess soon and add it. Costs no more than other wines.

Yes, we have all been saying this for several years. It's about time that someone at Azamara listened....we WANT to be able to buy Champagne/Prosecco/Cava.

Or even put it on the included wines list. A Cava or Prosecco doesn't cost any more than a reasonable glass of red or white wine.

This nonsense about keeping it for "special occasions" is ridiculous.

I know it sounds petty, but one of the biggest complaints I have about Azamara is the lack of a sparking wine on either the complimentary list or even on a package. After three Azamara cruises, I did a quick NCL cruise on one of their newer mega-ships and had an included drinks package. Even NCL had a perfectly acceptable Prosecco on the included drinks package.

Yes, I know I can buy one of their overpriced glasses of champagne or whatever sparkling wine they have on the list.

John

I know it sounds petty, but one of the biggest complaints I have about Azamara is the lack of a sparking wine on either the complimentary list or even on a package.

The "wine by the glass" package includes:

• Martini & Rossi Asti
  • Domaine Chandon
  • Brut Classic

Are these not "sparkling?"

The "wine by the glass" package includes:

• Martini & Rossi Asti
  • Domaine Chandon
  • Brut Classic

Are these not "sparkling?"

Is "wine by the glass" a new package? I was not aware there even was a "wine by the glass" package as the only packages on my fall 2014 cruise were upgraded drinks packages that included additional premium liquors. I just checked the Azamara site, and I see that there is now an upgraded wine package! Great news. Actually I see all of the beverage packages have changed. Thanks for the heads up.

John

Edited by PSULion

Is "wine by the glass" a new package? I was not aware there even was a "wine by the glass" package as the only packages on my fall 2014 cruise were upgraded drinks packages that included additional premium liquors. I just checked the Azamara site, and I see that there is now an upgraded wine package! Great news. Actually I see all of the beverage packages have changed. Thanks for the heads up.

John

Enjoy!! Bubbles are good.

• 6 months later...
Yes, no problem. There is no limit to how many bottles, but be aware that there is a $10 corkage fee policy if you drink them in a dining venue or bar.

Phil

HI PHil

Ive been trawling through the champagne posts as I want to bring a couple of bottles on board when we go in Feb/arch 2016 - are you saying that if we bring our own on board for $10 I can just take it to one of the bars and ask them to put it on ice (maybe early afternoon for the evening) and then drink it at that bar throughout the night or ask them to silver cork it for the following night??????