Conflicting Web Info about Azamazing Event June 6 or 7th

grnrab

Hi:

This question is for Bonnie. I tried calling customer service and honestly they could not explain or clarify much. When one goes to the actual web page, bottom for the above Cruise leaving Venice on June 5, it mentions the azamazing event as taking place on June 7th in HVAR after arriving that evening - to the venderama niteclub. However the Land Discoveries brochure (and its hyperlinks) as well as the actual shore excursion booking page indicates the event (a cello recital) is actually in Split, the evening of June 6th at 9:45 pm. If one checks the itinerarry, Journey does not even arrive in Split until 9:30p that night which means there is literally only 15 minutes to get over to the mestrovic gallery (the venue). Customer service on the phone indicated it was only 10 mins walking to the gallery from port. This just doesnt seem to make sense as possibly several fellow passengers would all be heading in the same direction - transporation nightmare. Customer service really couldnt unravel further saying to check with excursion desk upon boarding. Can you provide any further insight?

Edited by grnrab

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go one up on you, although our cruise is a year out in July of 2016.

They moved the Hvar Azamazing evening to Split. The event begins at 7 pm and last 90 minutes until 8:30 pm. However, the Journey is set to depart Split at 8 pm.

Whoever plans these things and changes needs a reality check. In any case, moving the Azamazing evening to 7 means participants would have to eat at 6 pm and that really means returning to the ship by 4:30. One of our motivations in doing our first Azamara cruise was the longer port days and not being rushed on vacation.

We are also on the June cruise this year. By the time we arrive in Split and get clearance to leave the ship, it will be well past our bedtime! The Azamazing info is clearly wrong but having read about people's experience with customer service, we didn't have the will to even try to find out. We decided we will wait for Azamara to surprise us!

Had to laugh at the second comment on here. It seems they just can't get it right.

I wonder if any of this is a precursor to more port time in Split. I suppose that's how an optimist will look at it. I really don't want it to come at the expense of time in Dubrovnik. Split currently is scheduled for 9 am to 8 pm on July 5, 2016. To accommodate the Azamazing evening that is scheduled for 7 pm to 8:30 pm, they would have to change the departure time to 9:30 pm. As long as that doesn't impact Dubrovnik 8 am to 8 pm the next night, that would be great. I'd love more time in Split, even if we decided against doing the Azamazing Evening.

Edited by hubofhockey