Azamara vs Celebrity Food

qualifiedcruiseologist

If we are talking the main dining room personally (and food is subjective) I think the food is better on Azamara. I find it is prepared with a little more finesse. Part of the experience is a more relaxing environment and it is possible to engage with the wait staff more readily. If you want a quieter area of the main dining room avoid the upper level toward the centre (where the Captain's table is) as it seems to get noisier there.

The Specialities are worth a try. I prefer Prime C. Aqualina has two menus that it rotates.

I took some scans of the MDR menus on my recent Journey cruise that can be seen here:

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/excitedofharpenden/library/Azamara%20Journey%20MDR%20Menus%20a%20April%202014?sort=9&page=1

Phil

In our very unsophisticated opinions, we think that the offerings in Windows Cafe are significantly better than those in Oceanview, at least based upon our recent cruise on Constellation.

In the evenings, Widows also offers interesting theme buffets.

In our very unsophisticated opinions, we think that the offerings in Windows Cafe are significantly better than those in Oceanview, at least based upon our recent cruise on Constellation.

In the evenings, Widows also offers interesting theme buffets.

I agree. I much prefer the buffet on Azamara and end up going there quite a lot, both lunch and evenings. I find its size easier to navigate and there is always enough choice for me.

Phil

In general the food is much better on AZ. But i had over cooked fish. like all things make to many they are not prefect.. I love eating in Prime C. They are the next to get a new menu.. The buffet and pool grill is much better on AZ. .you can get anything you want made to order at the grill. on hamburg pool day you do not need that burger you can have one made just for you.

to be better than on X...but we do enjoy "Blu" on X which is your "assigned" dining venue if you book Aqua Class. That is much more "on par", we think, with the food on AZ. For us the food and dining experience on X in the MDR has really slipped in the last several years so we only book AQ in order to get "Blu". LuAnn

to be better than on X...but we do enjoy "Blu" on X which is your "assigned" dining venue if you book Aqua Class. That is much more "on par", we think, with the food on AZ. For us the food and dining experience on X in the MDR has really slipped in the last several years so we only book AQ in order to get "Blu". LuAnn

Agree completely. Our next cruise is Aqua class on Celebrity.

It's good to read this and I've read mixed reviews about Blu. Our next 2 cruises on X are Aqua.

I'm not trying to hijack the OP's thread.

It's good to read this and I've read mixed reviews about Blu. Our next 2 cruises on X are Aqua.

I'm not trying to hijack the OP's thread.

i do not think any dish in Blu compares with AZ.. AZ always better.

We don't find much difference between the quality of food on either line, although we only sail Aqua Class on X which means we dine in Blu. We have never set food in the MDR on X out of 10 cruises with them. The specialty restaurants are great on both lines. I like the variety of food in the buffet on X much better, but the quality on AZ is slightly better. The more refined service on AZ makes the overall dining experience with them better for us, though.

Michael

I disagree. Azamara's main dining room definitely beats X's main dining room, but Blu and especially Luminae are on par if not better. Azamara has the better buffet, albeit smaller / less choice. The 'French' themed speciality dining restaurants on X (Murano, Ocean Liner's, Olympic, etc.) beat Aqualina and Prime C easily. Prime C serves a good steak, but it's no better than your average Morton's or Ruth's Chris.

I was on the Celebrity Infinity for a month and found the buffet food to be repetitive, unimaginative and tasteless. I wasn't in Aqua class, so I can't speak for Blu, but the main dining room on the Infinity wasn't any better than the buffet. The specialty restaurants had the only decent food, IMHO.

I have always enjoyed the Azamara buffet--always different, tasty selections and some creative offerings.

We're ill-equipped to comment on food quality.

However, I will say that the service in Blu on the Constellation two weeks ago was almost as good as that in the MDR on Azamara.

Reviews on the Celebrity board for other ships suggest that may have been an anomaly.

Based upon our assessment, we will only sail in Celebrity in Aquaclass or, based on other's comments, in suites so as to utilize Luminae.

However, there are lots who would disagree with us and some who really dislike Blu. In our case, we really appreciated breakfast there as our experience of Oceanview Café would place it well below that of Windows on Azamara.

We cruised on Celebrity's Silhouette last month. Worth it to book Aqua to dine in Blu, which we found to be excellent for both breakfast and dinner. Specialty restaurant, Murano, equally fantastic. Service in both were outstanding.

Edited by nyfeds

We have sailed 5 times on Quest and took our first Celebrity Cruise last November. (I did post a comparison between the 2 experiences).

We were in Aqua Class and loved dining in Blu. It is a small intimate restaurant and we felt the food at times was better than Discoveries, the main dining room on Azamara.

Breakfast, waiter service, in Blu was better, in our opinion than in Discoveries but we do like the buffet for breakfast on Azamara. We did not care for the buffet at all on Celebrity Millennium.

depending on the ship i have sailed AQ 4 times and 3 suites... I never finish a main dish in Blu hated them all. mostly over cooked fish.. The buffet is to big and i get lost finding food. I left out the speciality restaurants as not everyone eats in them as much as i do on AZ .. I find them to expenvice on Celebrity. too much food too. But i would not begin to compare a steak from Prime C to Ruth Chris'. they charge 40 just for a steak and for $25 you get a whole meal..

Some of the above posts have nothing to do with where or what most people eat on a cruise ship. you left out our great pool grill good too.

depending on the ship i have sailed AQ 4 times and 3 suites... I never finish a main dish in Blu hated them all. mostly over cooked fish.. The buffet is to big and i get lost finding food. I left out the speciality restaurants as not everyone eats in them as much as i do on AZ .. I find them to expenvice on Celebrity. too much food too. But i would not begin to compare a steak from Prime C to Ruth Chris'. they charge 40 just for a steak and for $25 you get a whole meal..

Some of the above posts have nothing to do with where or what most people eat on a cruise ship. you left out our great pool grill good too.

Most steaks at Ruth's Chris are closer to $50. However, on Azamara, your normal dinner is included in your cruise fare, so you are paying for your normal dinner in the cruise fare and an additional $25 for Prime C.

Celebrity serves USDA Choice beef. Azamara serves USDA Prime beef. I have not been on Celebrity, but I have heard good things about Blu and I would like to find out for myself in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear this....we are longtime Celeb cruisers, Elite +, , exclusively in AQ/Blu....but after some itin changes sprung on cruisers with changed itins, ports etc., we will be coming over to AZ after our current Celeb bookings are fulfilled,,,Very,happy to hear we will likely enjoy AZ cuisine and food venues! Really appreciate all the comments!