Can you bring soda cans and water bottles on ship?

OZjones12

Also, can you get canned soft drinks with the soft drink card?

Can you get powerade with the softdrink card?

Can you get a water bottle filled with softdrink with the softdrink card.

I will have a suite with a refrigerator and would like to keep softdrinks in there for the morning when I wake up.

Peace,

DRU

I have been hearing from many people on this site that you can bring soda and water on the ship in packages? Can you do this on Carnival ships?

Thank you in advance.... :D

We recently returned from the Celebration. We carried on a 12 pack of Coca Cola. We also took a case of soda and a case of water on our trip on the Glory in October.

I really can't help you with the soft drink card though. Sorry! :o(

Soda cards in my experience are limited to what the bar has available. Which is sometimes cans (opened and poured) and sometimes a tap. It's usually a very limited selection - coke, diet coke, sprite. Maybe ginger ale or rootbeer - usually *not* diet. They'll sometimes give you the opened can, but usually not. I've heard of some people getting their own containers (water bottle, insulated mug) filled, but it seems to be hit or miss.

Beyond that, I suggest you bring it onboard yourself.

In October we put a luggage tag on a 24 pk of water and sent it thru with our luggage and it arrived just fine. Our neighbors did the same with 2 24 pks of soda and I saw them sitting outside their room the first day with luggage tags on them. Powerade is an added charge. You cannot get with your soda card.

Our cabin steward put water in our frig every morning when they made up our room. He was rewarded very nicely for it to.

Our cabin steward put water in our frig every morning when they made up our room. He was rewarded very nicely for it to.

But were you charged for that water?

and... regarding the frig... it is like a mini bar, where you are charged for everything you consume?

Thanks -- we too are planning on bringing beverages aboard ...

any idea what the limits are?

how about Booze? I see so many comments on smuggling as much as you can in a suitcase.

I dont drink much.... so i was thinking maybe a little bit vodka for the week.

I guess it varies by ship or something. Last year for a very short time Carnival tried the no carry-on beverages but then changed the policy quickly. Below is copied directly from their website tonight.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.

All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

returned from the conquest on 1-20-2008, and the did not allow carry on water or soda. tried to check and carry on, both were refused. was told it is new policy to not allow it.

Per the policy, you are allowed to carry it on. :confused: Sorry you met up with someone who didn't know the policy.

The only problem we've ever had bringing anything onboard was going through security with an opened water bottle. Because the seal was open on the screw cap they wouldnt let us bring it past the xray machine.

I dont know why they would stop you from bringing any unopened bottles of water or soda or even wine onboard.

yeah we thought it would be no problem. but we were not allowed inside the terminal with it. when going through the metal detectors they had stacks upon stacks of beverages they didnt allow through. every person we talked to said it was new policy. hopefully they are incorrect but this was our first and last time we will try and take them on. luckily our alcohol made it through in our checked bags lol.

yeah we thought it would be no problem. but we were not allowed inside the terminal with it. when going through the metal detectors they had stacks upon stacks of beverages they didnt allow through. every person we talked to said it was new policy. hopefully they are incorrect but this was our first and last time we will try and take them on. luckily our alcohol made it through in our checked bags lol.

And who gets all that confiscated stuff:cool: :cool:

Archived