Has anyone used Hylton Ross Tours in South Africa?

mort&fran

• 2 weeks later...
A South African ex-pat we know highly recommended Hylton Ross's Cape Town tours, but has no first-hand knowledge of their operations elsewhere.

A couple of years ago we did a four day tour of Capetown, Robben Island, and the wine land area and Hylton Ross was the tour operator. We were quite pleased with their service. We were part of a small group of ten people. The guide was quite knowledgeable of the area and shared many additional tidbits. I wish I could recall his name but I can't. If anything, we would add another day to the wine country if we were to return. We also enjoyed visiting the Malay Quarter in Capetown and had a delicious local lunch there. Transportation was in a comfortable a/c van. One of the days the weather was not so good and we were not able to visit Table Mountain. Accommodation was made for alternative sites. We would book with them again if we had a chance to return.

Hope my reply is in time for your visit:)

Thanks for posting the info Lilybob; we have another 3 months before we depart, so your response was still timely.

Besides Robben Island and the Maylay Quarter, do any sites or experiences in Cape Town stick out in your mind?