DUBAI hotel location and suggestion

cruisegirl1

I can use a bit of assistance for a Dubai hotel.

We have three nights pre cruise in Dubai. We are looking for a moderate hotel $150-$350 USD per night, in the city, rather than at the beach. It there a particular “part of the city” that is recommended? Seems every place we look at is near something, but we are not sure of the most convenient place to be. We decided on the city rather than the beach as it seems it did not make sense to stay out of the way near the beach when we would likely not spend much time at the beach. We've have many opportunities to enjoy beaches all over the Caribbean, Hawaii and Europe, so the beach is not the major draw while we are in Dubai.

We looked at CC posts as well as Trip Advisor, There are just so many options , especially since we are not sure of the areas of the city to stay. We are considering the JW Marriott Hotel-Dubai. (We are considering a Marriott because we have enough points for at least one night). The other recommendation was an older hotel, the Arabian Courtyard. While this hotel looks novel, I am afraid it is a bit rundown. We also looked at the Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel.

We are open to suggestions.

Thank you

M

ps - please excuse the duplicate post, I forgot this was not a specific Dubai board.

M

Happy Cruising !

favorite cruise? - the most recent!

Not sure of when you will be in Dubai but take a look at al Manzil Hotel. I think it will be towards the top end of your budget but within. It is a great location in downtown Dubai. The hotel is across the street from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Souk al Bahar and the Dubai Fountains. The complex is huge so still a ten minute walk. You will also be able to access the Dubai Metro from the mall through an a/c walk-way. There are also many, many cafes along the boulevard and it is very pleasant to stroll if the temps aren't too high.

http://www.vida-hotels.com/en/manzil/

There is also the JW Marriott Marquis close by if you wanted to stay one night using your points. It is an excellent property with many exceptional restaurants. Though close by, you would still want to take the 5 minute taxi ride over to the mall with the traffic and heat but would only be around 20AED or $5.50.

Arabian Courtyard is in the creek area of Dubai, which warrants a visit even if you don't stay there. The hotel has a nice authentic feel to it and gets good reviews. I have only had dinner there so can't comment on the rooms. Kris Kin is also a nice property and a good location across from the Burjman Center. You would have easy access to Dubai Metro and would be only a 10 minute/5 stop ride to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. They have a nice lounge area and great views over the city.

Enjoy your visit!

Downtown is good for the Burj Khalifa, Fountains, Dubai mall and Douq al Bahar. It is also close to a metro station for getting to other areas. However some of the Downtown hotels like the Address and the Palace may be over your budget depending on the time of year you're going.

Hotels along Sheik Zayed Road may do instead especially those beside a metro,station (although taxis are really, really cheap). I loved the Conrad by Hilton. As well as a lovely stylish hotel in a good location, the Purobeach pool area was a beautiful area of greenery and tranquility in the heart of the city.

You cou

D also look,at Dubai Creek area. Close to the airport and port and depending on which hotel you go to may me walking distance to some of the Souqs and an Abra ride away to the others.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt, 2 minute walk to WAFI Mall (smaller than other malls and nice restaurants for dinner). Nice area close to a park for running if that interests you too. And close enough to the hop on hop off bus that goes around the city which is good value and good way to see city. (Ticket good for 24 hours so you get a good sense of the city and can use it the next morning to go back to whatever you liked the day before.) I thought Grand Hyatt was a great location to stay and would stay there again but now looking to stay at the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Bur Dubai. The location was one of the best features of the hotel. Within a minute's walk were a supermarket, several restaurants, several shops, and an excellent medical facility (which we had the bad fortune to need). The Bur Juman mall and a metro station are within a few minutes walk.

And a nice 10-15 minute walk took you to Bastikiya, the Dubai Museum, the Textile Souks, the Grand Mosque, and the Bur Dubai water taxi station. From there you can pick up the HOHO bus, take a dhow or abra across the creek (teeming with life!) to all the souks. I much prefer the "old" Dubai to the "new" (malls, skyscrapers, etc.).

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1230

Stayed 3 nites at Arabian Courtyard last year. Just can't beat the location! Booked a Standard Room directly with the hotel and were upgraded on arrival to an Executive Suite on top floor with outstanding views of Dubai Creek. Loved everything about the property except their fine dining Mumtaz Mahal Indian Restaurant, which was disappointing on many levels.

• 1 month later...

Just came upon this thread and thank all of you for such helpful info

We will be in Dubai for 2 nights (24 hrs) in early December because of a connecting flight layover. With just 1 day, what is the best hotel or area to stay in to see as much as possible? What should we not miss?

I am fearful I may not find this thread again so any suggestions, recommendations anyone may have could you e-mail me? ketfitz@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kathy and Paul Fitzgerald

Plymouth, Ma

I can use a bit of assistance for a Dubai hotel.

We have three nights pre cruise in Dubai. We are looking for a moderate hotel $150-$350 USD per night, in the city, rather than at the beach. It there a particular “part of the city” that is recommended? Seems every place we look at is near something, but we are not sure of the most convenient place to be. We decided on the city rather than the beach as it seems it did not make sense to stay out of the way near the beach when we would likely not spend much time at the beach. We've have many opportunities to enjoy beaches all over the Caribbean, Hawaii and Europe, so the beach is not the major draw while we are in Dubai.

We looked at CC posts as well as Trip Advisor, There are just so many options , especially since we are not sure of the areas of the city to stay. We are considering the JW Marriott Hotel-Dubai. (We are considering a Marriott because we have enough points for at least one night). The other recommendation was an older hotel, the Arabian Courtyard. While this hotel looks novel, I am afraid it is a bit rundown. We also looked at the Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel.

We are open to suggestions.

Thank you

M

ps - please excuse the duplicate post, I forgot this was not a specific Dubai board.

M

Happy Cruising !

favorite cruise? - the most recent!

The Sheraton Dubai Creek http://www.sheratondubaicreek.com

is the only hotel in Dubai actually located on the "creek". This is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location. We spent several pre-cruise night in this hotel in 2009. The hotel pictured below is NOT the Sheraton! :)

[YOUTUBE]0X5rU1wnjm8[/YOUTUBE]

I too have just flush this post and we are also looking for hotels, two nights each at the start and end of a cruise. Having read this post so far I think we will do two night before in the city/creek area and the two afterwards at the beach end.

Thanks for all the information and hope the OP doesn't mind me lurking for data.

Looking for hotel(s) in the area near the cruise terminal. Can someone identify for me that area ? Any hotel recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

The downtown area and near Dubai Creek would be closest to the cruise terminal. There are also many hotels along Sheik Zayed Rd within the area of Bur Dubai and downtown. All about 20-25 minutes to the port depending on traffic. See the recommendations earlier in this thread or give us an idea of your budget/interests/ attractions to see while you are in Dubai pre or post cruise and we can advise more.

We stayed at the Arabian Courtyard and loved it. The location was perfect for us to explore the city for 4 days. The Big Bus Tour and the HOHO bus stop just across the street from the Hotel. Hotel was clean and friendly and we had a room on 7th floor and had breakfast included in our price. The Dubai Museum is just across the street and it is easy walk to the subway.

we would stay here again when we return to Dubai.

Remember is you want to go up the Burj Kalifa tower (currently the tallest in the world) order your tickets 30 days in advance on line.

Sue

• 1 year later...

I read all the posts and still not clear as to which hotels are recommended for downtown area within walking distance to most sites. Can someone please advise. Thank you so much.

I just returned from a cruise that started in Dubai. After making reservations at three properties, I finally decided to stay at the Park Hyatt Dubai. I cannot recommend this property strongly enough. It is a wonderful oasis. Downtown Dubai is very congested and not at all peaceful. If you want a really nice place to rest up after a long flight, try the Park Hyatt. It is very close to the cruise terminal, and the concierge will arrange a nice car to take you there for very little money. The hotel is not too far away from other attractions, such that a taxi fare would be too much of a burden.

I read all the posts and still not clear as to which hotels are recommended for downtown area within walking distance to most sites. Can someone please advise. Thank you so much.

Perhaps give us an idea of what your budget would be and we can suggest options.......Hotels along Sheik Zayed Rd that are near a metro station are often just as convenient to reach the heart of downtown where BK, the Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains are. (e.g. Emirates Towers)

The hotels walking distance of Burj Khalifa would be The Palace Old Town, The Address Dubai Mall, Manzil, Vida, and Armani Hotel right in Burj Khalifa. (The Address Downtown Dubai is closed for refurbishment at this time) There are also many hotels in close vicinity (Radisson, Dust Thani etc) but you would want to take a short taxi or metro ride as the complex surrounding BK, Dubai Mall, and Souk al Bahar is sprawling to walk around in the heat of the day.

http://www.theaddress.com/en/hotels/the-palace-downtown-dubai/index.aspx

This Towers Rotana are right next to the Financial Center Metro and an easy few minute ride to the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station. There are several Rotanas in the area so pay mind to which one you look at and book.

https://www.rotana.com/rotanahotelandresorts/unitedarabemirates/dubai/towersrotana

Also take a look at the JW Marriott Marquis as it is a beautiful property with many restaurants and they often have great rates (for Dubai:p.) It is very close but not close enough to walk. A taxi would cost 12-14 AED ($4) to go to Dubai Mall. Though for such a short distance most people often tip a little more.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps give us an idea of what your budget would be and we can suggest options.......Hotels along Sheik Zayed Rd that are near a metro station are often just as convenient to reach the heart of downtown where BK, the Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains are. (e.g. Emirates Towers)

The hotels walking distance of Burj Khalifa would be The Palace Old Town, The Address Dubai Mall, Manzil, Vida, and Armani Hotel right in Burj Khalifa. (The Address Downtown Dubai is closed for refurbishment at this time) There are also many hotels in close vicinity (Radisson, Dust Thani etc) but you would want to take a short taxi or metro ride as the complex surrounding BK, Dubai Mall, and Souk al Bahar is sprawling to walk around in the heat of the day.

http://www.theaddress.com/en/hotels/the-palace-downtown-dubai/index.aspx

This Towers Rotana are right next to the Financial Center Metro and an easy few minute ride to the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station. There are several Rotanas in the area so pay mind to which one you look at and book.

https://www.rotana.com/rotanahotelandresorts/unitedarabemirates/dubai/towersrotana

Also take a look at the JW Marriott Marquis as it is a beautiful property with many restaurants and they often have great rates (for Dubai:p.) It is very close but not close enough to walk. A taxi would cost 12-14 AED ($4) to go to Dubai Mall. Though for such a short distance most people often tip a little more.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. This helps a lot. I want to book the hotel using my points, so it will depend on 2 things: either they offer it at all and how many points it costs. I will look at the properties you suggested and then decide. This is great information. Helen.

I hate to bother the board again. Now that I have an idea, the following hotels are available with my points and look reasonable, but some are not mentioned on this thread. These are: Ramada Downtown, Hilton Dubai Creek, Holiday Inn Downtown, Sofitel Downtown, Towers Rotana is mentioned, then Radisson Blu Deira, and JW Marriott. I am not sure I have enough points for Arabian Courtyard, but perhaps will supplement with money. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I hate to bother the board again. Now that I have an idea, the following hotels are available with my points and look reasonable, but some are not mentioned on this thread. These are: Ramada Downtown, Hilton Dubai Creek, Holiday Inn Downtown, Sofitel Downtown, Towers Rotana is mentioned, then Radisson Blu Deira, and JW Marriott. I am not sure I have enough points for Arabian Courtyard, but perhaps will supplement with money. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

If you want to be near Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains I would go with Ramada Downtown Dubai.

https://www.ramadadowntowndubai.com/en/

Second choice would be Towers Rotana knowing you would take the short metro ride to the Dubai Mall Station or taxi as too far to walk

The rest of the properties are closer to Dubai Creek, which I definitely would recommend visiting, but not walkable to the downtown area. Probably a 15 minute taxi ride depending on traffic. Let me know if you have more questions:)

If you want to be near Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains I would go with Ramada Downtown Dubai.

https://www.ramadadowntowndubai.com/en/

Second choice would be Towers Rotana knowing you would take the short metro ride to the Dubai Mall Station or taxi as too far to walk

The rest of the properties are closer to Dubai Creek, which I definitely would recommend visiting, but not walkable to the downtown area. Probably a 15 minute taxi ride depending on traffic. Let me know if you have more questions:)

Thank you so much, lilybob. I will proceed with these recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon all fellow cruisers!

I have a similar question as the OP.

We need your advice and hope you can help us.

We are the family of 3 (all grownups but one person is a 86 years old gentleman with some mobility issues (nothing major but a little slow)).

We'll be in Dubai at the end of November and need to find the place to stay. Since we haven't been to Dubai before and want to see and to do as much as possible (no beach though) - it doesn't matter where we stay because we will need to move to different sightseeings using a taxi.

Below is the list of hotels we found so far. Honestly, I don't know if our choice is a good choice. Also, the price is a little over our budget besides Yanjoon Holiday Homes.

We wouldn't want to go over $1200 for 4 nights. If you could recommend a hotel or apartments within this price and not outside Dubai - it will be greatly appreciated!

Donatello Hotel (price for 4 nights / 2 rooms = $1,405)

Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel And Suites (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $1,653)

Raffles Dubai (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $1,382)

Yanjoon Holiday Homes - Palm Views Apartments (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $909)

Thanks!

I ended up booking Arabian Courtyard. It was on sale with my Aadvantage points and I had just enough. Check various websites for the price. It shouldn't be expensive. I know this is not a modern hotel but it had positive reviews and is across the street from the Museum plus HOHO bus stop is there as well if we decide to go that route.

Good afternoon all fellow cruisers!

I have a similar question as the OP.

We need your advice and hope you can help us.

We are the family of 3 (all grownups but one person is a 86 years old gentleman with some mobility issues (nothing major but a little slow)).

We'll be in Dubai at the end of November and need to find the place to stay. Since we haven't been to Dubai before and want to see and to do as much as possible (no beach though) - it doesn't matter where we stay because we will need to move to different sightseeings using a taxi.

Below is the list of hotels we found so far. Honestly, I don't know if our choice is a good choice. Also, the price is a little over our budget besides Yanjoon Holiday Homes.

We wouldn't want to go over $1200 for 4 nights. If you could recommend a hotel or apartments within this price and not outside Dubai - it will be greatly appreciated!

Donatello Hotel (price for 4 nights / 2 rooms = $1,405)

Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel And Suites (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $1,653)

Raffles Dubai (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $1,382)

Yanjoon Holiday Homes - Palm Views Apartments (price for 4 nights / 1 room = $909)

Thanks!

Out of your four choices I would choose Raffles

If the places you would be most interested in visiting would be Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains (all downtown area) or the old part of Dubai for traditional gold, spice, and textile souks, Bastakiya area, Dubai Museum, (Dubai Creek area) then I think Raffles would be central to both of these areas and not far from cruise terminal.

Yanjoon would be furthest out followed by Marriott Harbour. Donatello is good for metro access and Mall of the Emirates but if one of your traveling partners has mobility issues you most likely will use taxis.

I did a quick search on a few travel sites for four days towards the end of November and found good deals in downtown area for Ramada Downtown, JW Marriott Marquis, Dust Thani and Jumeirah Emirates Towers. These are all close to Burj Khalifa.

In the area of Dubai Creek take a look at Jumeirah Creekside, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Radisson Blu

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-dubaideiracreek

if you scroll up I have also posted hotel links for others that might give you ideas.

Enjoy Dubai!

• 2 months later...

Reviving this post as it is exactly what I am needing for 3 days Dubai in April, 2017 and on way back we disembark in Abu Dhabi May 2, 2017 but will fly out of DXB 2 or 3 days later. How many days to see Abu Dhabi ? (will probably do a desert experience from Dubai on stopover to Singapore) How should I book the ticket to fly home to get the bus ride from Abu Dhabi to DXB included? Worth that or just taxi? Anybody use an airport hotel? We leave at 8 AM which is better than the options at 2AM and 3AM.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

Reviving this post as it is exactly what I am needing for 3 days Dubai in April, 2017 and on way back we disembark in Abu Dhabi May 2, 2017 but will fly out of DXB 2 or 3 days later. How many days to see Abu Dhabi ? (will probably do a desert experience from Dubai on stopover to Singapore) How should I book the ticket to fly home to get the bus ride from Abu Dhabi to DXB included? Worth that or just taxi? Anybody use an airport hotel? We leave at 8 AM which is better than the options at 2AM and 3AM.

If this is your first time in Abu Dhabi you will want to see the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque. There are free tours given in the morning and with a wander around on your own you should allow 2 hours. Other things to do might be going to the mangroves, visiting the new Abu Dhabi Louvre museum which should be open by the time you go, or visiting the Formula 1 track. The Falcon Hospital is also interesting. Abu Dhabi has a beautiful corniche so just walking along the sea and having some lunch is relaxing. Also, stopping by Emirates Palace Hotel for some pictures in front of the fountains is a "must do" photo op. The inside is also beautiful but you should have a reservation for lunch, coffee, high tea, dinner etc for entrance.

What airlines are you flying back? Are you booking a round trip in/out of Dubai? I wouldn't worry about trying to get the bus between Abu Dhabi and Dubai via your airline booking. If you are flying Emirates and leaving Abu Dhabi for your flight the same day the airport code is ZVJ- Bus as I believe they run a shuttle bus to Dubai for your flight out of DXB. I think Etihad does something similar if you are in Dubai but flying out of Abu Dhabi. Of course, there is regular bus service between the two cities but if you have a lot of luggage a taxi might just be easier. You can book in advance online.

As far as hotels near DXB, I would suggest Le Meridien as it is next door to the airport and the complex is nice with a lot of restaurant choices.

http://www.lemeridien-dubai.com

Hope this helps!

thank you Lilybob for this very helpful information.

We will be in Abu Dhabi /Dubai first time in November. X cruise ends in Abu Dhabi and does not offer a transfer service to Dubai as of now. I have been trying to find a transfer service from Abu Dhabi to Dubai Hotel (Hyatt Regency). So far I can only find Gray line Dubai with so so reviews and a couple on line booking services . Can you suggest any company that I can book with directly or should I just use Dubai taxi?

Also our cruise will docked in Abu Dhabi during F1 Grand Prix, will getting a taxi in Abu Dhabi be a problem during Grand Prix weekend?

thanks