NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Does anyone know if you are able to start using the card right after you are approved even if you don't have card in hand yet?

Looking to book a $2000 ish cruise on ncl all-in after taxes and fees. Inside cabin guarantee. Walk me through what benefits I would get from applying for this card and booking with it.

You would get 10,000 points (which equals $100 OBC) right away. Then if you use the card to pay for the cruise, it will give you double points. So, if you are booking a $2000 cruise, you will get 4000 points. Points can be traded for OBC in increments of 5000 ($50). If you got the card, bought the cruise on it, and spent an extra 1000 on other items, you could end up with $150 OBC to spend on your cruise.

You would get 10,000 points (which equals $100 OBC) right away. Then if you use the card to pay for the cruise, it will give you double points. So, if you are booking a $2000 cruise, you will get 4000 points. Points can be traded for OBC in increments of 5000 ($50). If you got the card, bought the cruise on it, and spent an extra 1000 on other items, you could end up with $150 OBC to spend on your cruise.

Thanks. Just applied and got instant approval. Says expect card in 7-10 days. thankd for help.

Are you allowed to gift the obc from your points to someone else's booking?

Got my answer: no, you cannot gift the obc to someone else. It has to be the cardholder, because the bank comes back and audits later on to match up the recepient with the cardholder.

Just curious, why use points for obc rather than taking a statement credit?

For me personally, if I take it as a statement credit, it would go toward something super boring like groceries or gas because I'm so frugal. If it's OBC, I will be "forced" to splurge and spend it all. :)

My friend who is sailing with me is getting a card, too, and we are pooling the obc for shore excursions.

I see! Since I only use this card for NCL travel, it is all the same to me and the statement credit means I can book the excursions/extras ahead of time. I paid for specialty dining and DSC on my last cruise with the statement credit.

While looking at my vacation summary, I see that NCL says you cannot purchase more than $1,000 in OBC Certificates per reservation. I received $500 OBC from my TA, which is in the form of 5 $100 OBC certificates. I'm also planning to turn my NCL Mastercard rewards points into $500 of OBC. Will that OBC also come in the form of OBC Certificates, or is that applied to your onboard account differently?

Ideally I'd like to buy $500 more and have $1500 OBC for the cruise, but not sure if this is allowed anymore. Anyone have any insight?

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this. Please someone help. I just got NCL M/C with an offer of 10K points. I now have a little over 11K points on it. When I go to Rewards tab, there is no option for OBC, only all kinds of gift cards and cash. When I calculate convert to cash option 11,000 points is converted to $89. NCL credit site shows 10,000 = $100. What am I not getting here? :confused:

I am new to this. Please someone help. I just got NCL M/C with an offer of 10K points. I now have a little over 11K points on it. When I go to Rewards tab, there is no option for OBC, only all kinds of gift cards and cash. When I calculate convert to cash option 11,000 points is converted to $89. NCL credit site shows 10,000 = $100. What am I not getting here? :confused:

I would suggest, just get the cash back(go to the "cash" rewards tab), instead of the OBC, or wait until you have more points(more options) to deal with. BTW, you need at least 25,000 points to get dollar-for-dollar points/money back.

Real deals come as you reach 60,000 points.

However, for more info;

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

(There you'll find a number to call)

Good Luck!

Edited by $hip$hape

It looks like you might be clicking the regular Bank of America redeem points button. Click on the NCL "ad" on the right side of the screen which will take you to the NCL options.

NCL.jpg

While looking at my vacation summary, I see that NCL says you cannot purchase more than $1,000 in OBC Certificates per reservation. I received $500 OBC from my TA, which is in the form of 5 $100 OBC certificates. I'm also planning to turn my NCL Mastercard rewards points into $500 of OBC. Will that OBC also come in the form of OBC Certificates, or is that applied to your onboard account differently?

Ideally I'd like to buy $500 more and have $1500 OBC for the cruise, but not sure if this is allowed anymore. Anyone have any insight?

The onboard credit you get from NCL Mastercard and from your travel agent will simply be loaded on your account. No actual certificates to present to guest services, and since gifted OBC and purchased OBC are 2 separate entities, you can still buy up to $1,000 refundable OBC.

The onboard credit you get from NCL Mastercard and from your travel agent will simply be loaded on your account. No actual certificates to present to guest services, and since gifted OBC and purchased OBC are 2 separate entities, you can still buy up to $1,000 refundable OBC.

The OBC from my travel agent showed up like this, that's why I'm hoping the NCL Mastercard credit just gets loaded on my account.

Capture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually folks, I just purchased Thermal Spa passes for our 8/20 Escape cruise and received "triple" points. Posting said "triple points for NCL specific purchases". Spa passes were $438 ($219 ea.) and we received 1314 points for that transaction.:) Not sure if there is a list of certain "specific" purchases or not. I went back and checked my January statement when I paid off our cruise. (as you, I put the bill on my new NCL MasterCard) Received double points per the promotion. Gerry

I just recently got an NCL Mastercard and am wondering if I use it to pay off a booked cruise does that qualify for double points?

Thanks!

IT sure does anything NCL double points, Make any reservations for paid dining or shore excursions, etc... double points.. than use it on board towards your next trip
Edited by buckeye rob

Actually folks, I just purchased Thermal Spa passes for our 8/20 Escape cruise and received "triple" points. Posting said "triple points for NCL specific purchases". Spa passes were $438 and we received 1314 points for that transaction.:) Not sure if there is a list of certain "specific" purchases or not. Gerry

I'm curious where the triple points are mentioned?