Just Off the Spirit May 7-May 19. Questions?

cardbucfan

Hi cardbucfan!

I am hoping you can help clarify some discussion we are having on our roll call for this same cruise in September. When NCL cancelled the stops in Turkey and added Dubrovnik and Kotor, how much time did they give you in each port and in what order were your stops. We have been given a sea day following Athens, then Dubrovnik for a full day until 8pm, followed by a day in Kotor leaving at 5pm. We have conflicting information about our arrival time in Venice the following day - we have info stating 2pm and 9pm??? Can you please let us know what changes were made to your itinerary and what time you arrived in Venice. We are all hoping it is 2pm!

Thank you.

I thought the ship looked like it was in great shape. Never saw anything that made me think "oh, that's awful!". The ship looks a little dated in some places-certainly the bathrooms need to be re-done. As DS19 called it-the "urine color floor tiles really need to go!". But overall I thought the ship was great.

I'm a huge fan of this itinerary and going from BCN to VCE. You have 5 really busy days up front then a nice sea day to catch your breath. Then a couple more busy days and another sea day. Plus we used the half sea day when we were getting into Venice to do most of our packing and that sail in is spectacular!

One thing to note is all the reviews on here said you got two laundry specials and they were on the sea days and I planned for that. Nope. Our 1 laundry special was on Naples day and we didn't get the laundry back until Saturday so we miscounted on socks and underwear!

Wife and I are sailing on NCL Spirit for the first time from Venice to Barcelona beginning July 6th -- of course, we are excited. Thank you all for all the information being provided here. It's great to have "insiders" views.

Any more secrets??? Spill them... anyone else sailing July 6th?

(I love steam rooms -rather than sauna -- how is the men's steam bath?)

Thank you all

Hi cardbucfan!

I am hoping you can help clarify some discussion we are having on our roll call for this same cruise in September. When NCL cancelled the stops in Turkey and added Dubrovnik and Kotor, how much time did they give you in each port and in what order were your stops. We have been given a sea day following Athens, then Dubrovnik for a full day until 8pm, followed by a day in Kotor leaving at 5pm. We have conflicting information about our arrival time in Venice the following day - we have info stating 2pm and 9pm??? Can you please let us know what changes were made to your itinerary and what time you arrived in Venice. We are all hoping it is 2pm!

Thank you.

Our itinerary changed from Mykonos/Ephesus/Istanbul/Athens/Sea Day with Venice arrival at 2:00 p.m. to Mykonos/Athens/Sea Day/Kotor/Dubrovnik/Venice arrival at 2:00 p.m.

I believe our port time in Kotor was 8-5 but we didn't get off the ship until close to 9 and we had the first tender ticket.

Dubronik was also 8-5 and I felt that was plenty of time in both ports.

We started seeing the islands for Venice around noon and by about 12:30 I was twitching that I wasn't up on the top deck to watch sail in.

I hope you get the 2:00 p.m. arrival. Both for the extra time in Venice and for the incredible sail in!

Wife and I are sailing on NCL Spirit for the first time from Venice to Barcelona beginning July 6th -- of course, we are excited. Thank you all for all the information being provided here. It's great to have "insiders" views.

Any more secrets??? Spill them... anyone else sailing July 6th?

(I love steam rooms -rather than sauna -- how is the men's steam bath?)

Thank you all

Can't tell you about the men's but the one in the women's was great!

I've spent the day trying to get the pictures together for the review and I've gotten at least the first 7 days written so hope to get that up tomorrow. Don't know if there are any secrets but it's a great cruise!

I'd suggest you read as many reviews as you can especially the ones by NolaTravlGirl, TMackel and LovingMyLife from last year. They went to Turkey but there's lots of helpful info in their reviews.

Just a hint on the tender tickets. If you're gold or platinum you don't need a tender ticket. The excursions are all off first and they don't announce the tender numbers until they are all off. I just went down soon after 8 and I was on a tender boat at around 8.10. Probably the first with all the NCL excursion people. I was one of the few without a number on my chest. I usually book a balcony higher up, but on this cruise I had a porthole on deck 4 so it was very easy for me to notice the disembarkation procedures at each port.

Hi cardbucfan!

Thank you.

We are on the May 31 Cruise. We were notified this week that we will not arrive in Venice until 9pm. We will report back and give a review. I read that there will be 5 ships in port that day so we got the short end of the stick with less time in Venice. Bummer.:(

We are on the May 31 Cruise. We were notified this week that we will not arrive in Venice until 9pm. We will report back and give a review. I read that there will be 5 ships in port that day so we got the short end of the stick with less time in Venice. Bummer.:(

Oh, that is a bummer! The good news is it's still light pretty late so you should still have some nice views at sail in. You just won't get the extra time :(

Racingraysswimmom -

That is a bummer.....I am hoping this doesn't happen to our sailing also. Did NCL give you any reason for the change in time? Is it beacause they can't accommodate 5 ships? I am lucky to have previously spent time in Venice, but really hope to have the extra time there.....hopefully if ours changes we find out with more warning. Enjoy your trip........it will be wonderful!