Lobster??????

Maraprince

I can understand paying extra for lobster at the free included restaurants, but if you are at a pay extra restaurant, there is an additional $25 charge for lobster. Why is NCL doing this when other lines are not? Were too many people ordering the lobster when there was no extra charge for it?

MARAPRINCE

I can understand paying extra for lobster at the free included restaurants, but if you are at a pay extra restaurant, there is an additional $25 charge for lobster. Why is NCL doing this when other lines are not? Were too many people ordering the lobster when there was no extra charge for it?

There is no additional charge for lobster at any of the specialty restaurants. It is just another menu item. Every restaurant has a lobster dish. Every a la carte restaurant charges for every entree (including the lobster). And the lobster is not always the most expensive item on the menu. The only place where the lobster is free, is the Havens restaurant, which is a complimentary restaurant.

Edited by BirdTravels

I have cruised NCL, Carnival, and Princess this year, and NCL is the ONLY one that didn't serve lobster in the included restaurants without a charge.

I might add that while NCL was making a few dollars by charging for lobster, the other lines made much more by getting my bookings and including the lobster.

There is no additional charge for lobster at any of the specialty restaurants. It is just another menu item. Every restaurant has a lobster dish. Every a la carte restaurant charges for every entree (including the lobster). And the lobster is not always the most expensive item on the menu. The only place where the lobster is free, is the Havens restaurant, which is a complimentary restaurant.

The Haven restaurant may be complimentary, but is only available to Haven guests. You are paying for that lobster in your fare.

I have cruised NCL, Carnival, and Princess this year, and NCL is the ONLY one that didn't serve lobster in the included restaurants without a charge.

I might add that while NCL was making a few dollars by charging for lobster, the other lines made much more by getting my bookings and including the lobster.

After I use up 2 cruise credits its off to another cruise line for us!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MARAPRINCE

I am confused: Where are you getting the idea NCL is charging $25 extra for Lobster in the specialty dining rooms and other lines are not?

this may be true, I can't say for sure, but I do know, which you are choosing not to mention, many of the other lines charge a lot higher prices in their specialty dining rooms

this may be true, I can't say for sure, but I do know, which you are choosing not to mention, many of the other lines charge a lot higher prices in their specialty dining rooms
Don't know if they serve it at no charge, but I thought I read somewhere that Royal Caribbean charges $29.95 in the MDR for lobster and almost $40 for surf and turf.

I did not use any of the specialty dining rooms on Carnival or Princess. The food was very good in the included dining rooms.

Before you ask, the overall fares on both lines were less than NCL for the cruises I booked.

I am confused: Where are you getting the idea NCL is charging $25 extra for Lobster in the specialty dining rooms and other lines are not?

29.99 on Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

MARAPRINCE

If you have a Specialty Dining Package, then the lobster at Cagneys or Le Bistro is an included entree. No extra charge.

Originally Posted by swedish weave View Post

After I use up 2 cruise credits its off to another cruise line for us!!!

Because of lobster?

If you do not have a Specialty Dining Plan then the a la carte price for lobster in Cagneys and Le Bistro is $24.99

The OP said that there is an additional charge for lobster.

Obviously if you don't have the dining plan then you pay for the lobster, just the same as you pay for the Cagneys Fries.

This is the standard charge, not an additional one. I assume that the OP is misunderstanding something.