Getaway-July 3, 2016-Haven

graphicguy

Hoping to help myself, as well as others by asking/answering questions on this sailing, as well as others.

I haven't sailed NCL for a couple of years (Breakaway to Bermuda). Because of a lot of crazy personal things (namely, soon-to-be former wife moving to China) happening, I am sailing on the Getaway in a Haven Penthouse Balcony Suite by myself.

So, looks like there have been some changes from a couple of years ago.

First question....Haven has UDP and UBP included. I see some of the menus posted in the specialty dining restaurants showing a la carte choices. How does that work? Do you just order what you want, and it's covered by the UDP, regardless of the choices you make?

2nd....anyone try to use UBER from their hotel to the MIA ship port? I'm thinking of staying at the Intercontinental, as I'm flying in the day before.

Feel free to post questions, suggestions, answers if anyone else is interested.

:)

First question....Haven has UDP and UBP included.

:)

Are you sure it's UDP and not SDP? To get UDP you would have had to book well over a year ago. All recent bookings offer SDP instead.

The answer depends on which you have -

UDP - You can indeed order whatever you want from the included restaurants (Cagneys, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno). No limit, and you can do this as much per day as you want (apps at one place, entree at another and dessert at a third if you wish). At non-included restaurants you get a discount (20% I think).

SDP - You have a set number of meals. At included restaurants (same list as UDP), you choose to use one of your meals and get unlimited apps, sides and desserts and one entree. At non-included restaurants you pay an upcharge and get the same treatment (unlimited apps/sides/desserts and one entree).

While UDP is more flexible, I do like how SDP handles the non-included restaurants. Use it at Wasabi and get all-you-can-eat sushi for just a few bucks!

Are you sure it's UDP and not SDP? To get UDP you would have had to book well over a year ago. All recent bookings offer SDP instead.

The answer depends on which you have -

UDP - You can indeed order whatever you want from the included restaurants (Cagneys, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno). No limit, and you can do this as much per day as you want (apps at one place, entree at another and dessert at a third if you wish). At non-included restaurants you get a discount (20% I think).

SDP - You have a set number of meals. At included restaurants (same list as UDP), you choose to use one of your meals and get unlimited apps, sides and desserts and one entree. At non-included restaurants you pay an upcharge and get the same treatment (unlimited apps/sides/desserts and one entree).

While UDP is more flexible, I do like how SDP handles the non-included restaurants. Use it at Wasabi and get all-you-can-eat sushi for just a few bucks!

Thanks....it says "Free Special Dining Package". Good to know there is a difference. I don't need more than one entre.

Uber is a great cheap and quick way to get around as long as they don't have surge pricing.

Just know what kind of car you are ordering. A Uber X for example wont work for a family of 4 with suitcases.

https://www.uber.com/cities/miami/

Thanks....just be me and a couple of pieces of luggage, so regular car is fine.

I use Uber all the time in my business travels. Love'em!

Is a VIBE pass worth the extra cost if I'm already in the Haven?

I've heard yes, I've heard no.

What's for sure is that most people have found the Haven spaces relaxing and sufficient. It does include an outdoor sun deck right next to Vibe.

However, depending on luck of the draw you may end up with children in the Haven spaces. Vibe will definitely be adults only.

I've heard yes, I've heard no.

What's for sure is that most people have found the Haven spaces relaxing and sufficient. It does include an outdoor sun deck right next to Vibe.

However, depending on luck of the draw you may end up with children in the Haven spaces. Vibe will definitely be adults only.

That's quite helpful.....Thanks!