Booking Strategy Help Please

We<3WDW

Can someone give me the low down on booking with NCL? Particularly getting the best price. I am very familiar with CCL & RC's price drop policies. But NCL appears to have only a 48 hour window then you are locked in to that price so I want to get the best deal possible. I am the planner for a 4 family group cruise over our kids spring break.

Booking in the U.S. (I have no idea whether any of this varies abroad), you are not locked into a price with NCL before final payment. If you book and there's a price drop before final payment, you can rebook at the new price. (However, if you had a certain promo with your original booking, you could lose those perks when you rebook. So you have to determine what the best deal for you is at that time.)

What turtles said is true, but it will also depend largely on the demand for the cruise. We were able to snag a cruise 60 days out and got a great price. We also considered another cruise (14 day b2b) that was 13 months out, but the price doubled 7 months from the cruise date for the same cruise but it was only a 7 day cruise. :eek:

My best advice for a cruise you really want is to book early, and see if the price goes down.

Can someone give me the low down on booking with NCL? Particularly getting the best price. I am very familiar with CCL & RC's price drop policies. But NCL appears to have only a 48 hour window then you are locked in to that price so I want to get the best deal possible. I am the planner for a 4 family group cruise over our kids spring break.

NCL's policies are similar to CCL and RCCL. I'm not sure where you came up with the 48 hour thing' date=' but it is not correct. Book now, and watch for price drops until penalty phase. I would not be looking for too many price drops for spring break cruises for next year. So far ours has done nothing but go up, well over $300 pp.

If you do the cancel & rebook are you guaranteed the same cabin or do you risk loosing it?

You really don't cancel and rebook, you just get the new pricing. Don't worry about the mechanics behind the process.

Edited by zqvol

The 48 hour applies to cruises booked after final payment. If you book a stateroom/not a GT, and price drops within 48 hours, NCL will give you the difference 110% in obc or the lower price.

Prior to final payment they'll adjust the price if you watch and call when/if you see a lower price or better perks. If you see a price drop after final payment you can ask for an upgrade, depending on availability, but they're not going to give you $ back.

Keeping stateroom depends on if you cancel/rebook if perks are different, or if you just get a price adjustment with same perks and original booking date. Make sure you ask first when calling if keeping stateroom is important.

If you do the cancel & rebook are you guaranteed the same cabin or do you risk loosing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You risk losing it.... the cancellation will return the cabin to inventory and then you may rebook to get it back... but during that 3 - 5 minutes for everything to process, someone else can take it.

In reference to the 48 statement:

What is a "Best Price. Guaranteed." Program?

It is Norwegian Cruise Line's guarantee that you will receive the lowest price available at time of booking. If within 48 hours of making your deposit you find a qualifying lower price, advertised to the general public on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, Norwegian Cruise Line will offer you the option to take the new reduced price or to receive an Onboard Credit (OBC) equal to 110% of the price difference.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee#/tab1