How to pass the time between cruises?

nena09

Hello everyone!

Just got off the Norwegian Gem about a month ago to the Bahamas (4-30-16) and now planning another cruise for sometime next year on the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda (April or May 2017). This was my first cruise and it was simply amazing. Now that I'm in between cruises, other than working at my job as a nurse, I seem to think about cruising all the time! Always reading cruise critic, looking up info on excursions and ports, and prices of possible cruises and I can't seem to get enough!

Well, to get to the point, how do u guys help the time pass quicker between cruises? How haven't u guys exploded with anticipation? Lol

Read this message board 4 or 5 times per day :)

I book more cruises! :D

Book a real long cruise, 30+ days or two B2B with a few days in between, and then you will be really busy with all the preparation. Make it out of your comfort zone so you have to get visas, travel to and from by air, have hotels at both ends and in the middle of the air travel to and from (stopover in Iceland for example), look for lots of private shorex.

Time will fly!!

Mike

I feel you. I am still over a year out from my next cruise and I check these boards everyday. I watch youtube videos. I watch cruise ships coming into port and leaving. Its a real addiction and obsession.

My husband says I'm too excited this far out...I told him it is his fault because he hasn't taken me on a cruise in 6 years. Just can't let that much time pass between cruises anymore.

We kill the time between our cruises on the weekends by building up our alcohol tolerance to get full value out of the UBP. It is a tough thing to do, but we feel that if NCL is offering the UBP we should try our best to have fun with it.

Oh yeah, I also find myself researching the ports so much that when we actually get there I feel like it is a place we actually know.

Join a "Roll Call" for your sailing !

Find out what Shore Excursions are offered !

If traveling solo see if a mate of yours is interested in traveling and then maybe not !

Depending on the ship see what kind of cabin suits your budget and interests !

AND did I mention the FOOD and the restaurants - maybe I shouldn't have ! LOL !