Transatlantic laundry

lachelli

Hello

For those of you who have done transatlantic crossings with NCL, do you know if they offer the $20 laundry bag special during the cruise.

If it is normally offered I am wondering if it is possible to do two bags per stateroom

TIA

lachelli

Hello

For those of you who have done transatlantic crossings with NCL, do you know if they offer the $20 laundry bag special during the cruise.

If it is normally offered I am wondering if it is possible to do two bags per stateroom

TIA

lachelli

Yes it is offered. Twice. One early in the cruise another later. (I think it was first week and second week)

Not sure about the two bags as my DW is a master at stuffing those bags.

Mark

Yes it is offered. Twice. One early in the cruise another later. (I think it was first week and second week)

Not sure about the two bags as my DW is a master at stuffing those bags.

Mark

That's great, we can now pack a lot lighter

That's great, we can now pack a lot lighter

Be cautious on what you put in the laundry bags. If you have anything delicate, something you would normally wash in cold water or hang to dry I would not send for the laundry special. It's good for socks, underwear and my DH's t-shirts. I won't send the majority of my clothes because I wash in cold or hang dry.

On my TA last month, we got that offer around 4 times. Maybe even more. It seemed like the announcement was frequently in the daily deliveries. IIRC, there were more the second week than the first.

I'd ask your room steward for an extra bag. If you have a good relationship with him or her, you might be able to get both bags even if it's a little outside of policy. Our announcement usually gave a 2-3 day delivery time for the specials, but my steward was checking on ours frequently so that I almost always had next day or 36-hour turnaround.

Hello

If it is normally offered I am wondering if it is possible to do two bags per stateroom. ...

It is offered at least three times. You can do a second bag at same time but it will be an additional $19.95

We have always been able to squeeze at least five days of clothes for both of us into one bag. More if it's summer. Stuff socks into corners. Roll slacks/shirts. Stuff tees into bottom of bag. Fill bag to absolute top. Do not fold the top.

Edited by NMLady

Thanks everyone for your help, my wife is just wondering if the items are pressed as well as washed. I am under the illusion than they are but she seems to to believe that they are not, as $20 would be too cheap for washing and pressing

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help, my wife is just wondering if the items are pressed as well as washed. I am under the illusion than they are but she seems to to believe that they are not, as $20 would be too cheap for washing and pressing

Thanks

Just wash and fold. sorry no pressing.

We just did the transatlantic on the Star. I/m platinum so didn't pay much attention to how many times they offered the special but it seemed like it was often. The turnaround time was only one day. Usually the stuff comes back folded in a basket but on this cruise (30 days - 6 bags of laundry) it always came back on plastic hangers so no problem with wrinkles.

The bags hold quite a bit. I lay the stuff out really flat and slide it into the bag, then slide in anything else that fits and tuck socks and undies wherever.

Thanks

They are not pressed by hand but I think they must go through a machine that presses them since our shirts/blouses always come back looking pressed, and most of the time on hangers.

Thanks, can you request an iron from your stateroom host to use ?

Yes. You can either ask your cabin steward for one or call housekeeping and request one. They'll bring it while you are in your cabin and will pick it up again in about an hour. That makes sure it's not inadvertently left on.

• 4 months later...

The stuff-the-bag special had gone up to $24.95, but lately it has gone back down to $19.95. That's right, the price went down, thank you, FDR… :D (But someone should find an old laundry bag and see if they didn't used to be bigger :p)

That's the price for everyone. I guess Gold Latitudes can get 25% off that, one time (someone else should confirm this).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I just tell my butler in the Haven, 'if it's on the ground launder it and return it to the place you unpacked it to.'. Then on last day when he packs me up I take home clean laundry.

Note to self: you haven't won the lottery yet stop dreaming[emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Forums