Let the foo foo drinking begin!

I'm only used to paying for my alcoholic drinks on cruises, so having the UBP is something I'm definitely looking forward to!

I would like to experience different cocktails that I don't drink at home. With that in mind, I have been searching online for different cocktails that sound fun to try (Think: rum and fruity drinks....yummers!).

To those of you who like to sample different drinks rather than stick to the same one (I know. I know. Bartender's nightmare:p), what experience have you had with the bartenders knowing what drink you are talking about? Is it likely they will say "What the heck are you talking about woman?!" or something similar?!

Yes, I do have a list of different drinks ready to go! Should I also add to those a little blurb about what is actually in the drinks?

I think I read somewhere that you have to wait 15 minutes between drinks. Is that true? Not a problem for me, just curious.

Any advice from anyone as far as the UBP is concerned?

Thanks for your replies

I would suggest to add to your list of drinks what is in the drinks. Just to be on the safe side. If its a popular drink than it shouldnt be a problem. I am looking forward to having the UBP for the first time on my next cruise in May 2017. What are some of the drinks that are on your list?

OP: Just be aware that NCL has reduced the drink choices on menus significantly in order to make bartenders more efficient and they are training new people to say "we don't have it" to anything not printed on the menu, experienced bartenders will probably make anything they know how. Witnessed this several times on Getaway in January.

I would suggest to add to your list of drinks what is in the drinks. Just to be on the safe side. If its a popular drink than it shouldnt be a problem. I am looking forward to having the UBP for the first time on my next cruise in May 2017. What are some of the drinks that are on your list?

Just copied and pasted this from my word doc, so it doesn't look pretty, but you asked for my list...so let me present....my list!!

ISLAND COLADA:

SPICY PIÑA PUNCH:

SAIL AWAY COOLER MARTINI:

• Pineapple Coconut Mojito

• Raspberry Guava Mojito

• Spicy Passion Mojito

CANNONBALL

Mai Tai

Rebellious Fish

Pain Killer

bahama mama

Stolichnayer lemon Drop Shots

BBC

DARK AND STORMY:

Toasted Almonds frozen

dirty banana

Frozen Toasted Almond

grey goose electric lemonade

Singapore Slings

Alabama slammer

Tropical Passion

Fireball

Cherry Collins

BERMUDA RUM SWIZZLES

Christmas Cookie frozen

OP: Just be aware that NCL has reduced the drink choices on menus significantly in order to make bartenders more efficient and they are training new people to say "we don't have it" to anything not printed on the menu, experienced bartenders will probably make anything they know how. Witnessed this several times on Getaway in January.

Wow, thanks SO much for taking the time to post this. Good to know. So is there a specific list of drinks I am supposed to "only" choose from?

I have to say I found the bartenders to be excellent and always ready with a great recommendation. I even had them make something up for me that I make at home. Couldn't remember the actual name so told them what I put in it and they mixed it up! They are almost always willing to work with you.

I had an espresso martini and rum cake martini on BA that were good to. I even got the to make a lava flow which I had in the Pride of America. That is a pina colatta (sp?)with strawberry sauce swirled in it. So yummy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Mango Meltdowns and BBCs. Never had a problem getting these on any NCL ship:D

Actually Mango Meltdown was the problem. We hung out in the Mojito Bar a lot in the evenings and at some point wanted something different - one night when ordering from directly at the bar, we got it without any problems and on the next one tried to order it through their waitress and she wouldn't pass our order to the bartender as is but changed it because "they don't have it" as it's not on the menu.

I've posted a link below to the "UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list" for your convenience. I believe there is a spreadsheet attached to the thread with ingredients for most of the drinks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173108&highlight=ubp

Carrie

Thanks Carrie. Didn't realize there were so many pages to scroll through. I'll have to do it when I have more time!

Thanks Carrie. Didn't realize there were so many pages to scroll through. I'll have to do it when I have more time!

I'm in the same boat as you. I was around when the thread was started so caught the first bit but will have to go back before my December cruise and take a read through.

Some of these some real good. I may have to try some on my next cruise.

Def bring the list with the ingredients as not all bartenders will know whats in them. I used to be a bartender and have never heard of some of these. Also as some have already mentioned.... the bar on the ship will have a drink menu that you can order from so you will have plenty of options.

Just copied and pasted this from my word doc, so it doesn't look pretty, but you asked for my list...so let me present....my list!!

ISLAND COLADA:

SPICY PIÑA PUNCH:

SAIL AWAY COOLER MARTINI:

• Pineapple Coconut Mojito

• Raspberry Guava Mojito

• Spicy Passion Mojito

CANNONBALL

Mai Tai

Rebellious Fish

Pain Killer

bahama mama

Stolichnayer lemon Drop Shots