QM2 Duplex apartments

scamper

Does anyone have or know where I can find a floor plan for the Duplex apartments, aka Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, located forward on Deck 10? Even a description if there are no plans available. One of the interests that I have about these apartments is the private elevator access. I would like to know where it is and how it "relates" to the rest of the suite. I am also curious as to the layout of the veranda with respect to the direction it faces and whether it is affected by wind since it's a forward facing suite.

Does anyone have or know where I can find a floor plan for the Duplex apartments, aka Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, located forward on Deck 10? Even a description if there are no plans available. One of the interests that I have about these apartments is the private elevator access. I would like to know where it is and how it "relates" to the rest of the suite. I am also curious as to the layout of the veranda with respect to the direction it faces and whether it is affected by wind since it's a forward facing suite.

Hi

The Q2 grade Queen Elizabeth (10003 starboard) and Queen Mary (10004 port) suites on deck 10, QM2, although in the Cunard Brochure as "duplex" suites are, in fact, all on one level (only the five duplex suites with views over the stern are on two levels). The "private" elevator access is via the outside public scenic lifts/elevators. For any other passengers using the lifts there are buttons for decks 7, 8, 9, and 11. For passengers staying in these two suites there is a "cardkey" slot similar to those found on all cabin doors. Placing your cardkey in this slot takes the lift to deck 10 and allows access to a small lobby and then into the suite. There is also access via an internal door as with other cabins. In the suite itself there are windows overlooking the bow, another facing straight out to port or starboard (depending on the suite) and another looking along the side of the ship towards the stern. Aft of the outside lift is the large "balcony" belonging to the suite which faces the side of the ship, not forwards. Given that the bridge screen (the structure beneath the bridge) and the lift housing give a lot of protection to this balcony I would be surprised if it was windy (but you never know...). As to internal layout, Going from forward to rear, there is a lounge/dining room across the front with desk area, clockroom and entrance way, behind that is the small lift lobby, bedroom, bathroom and at the rear, a second lounge with the balcony. Hope this helps.

go on to you tube and search QM2 duplex apartments, a few weeks ago a young lad posted a fab video of the duplex apartments well worth looking at

go on to you tube and search QM2 duplex apartments, a few weeks ago a young lad posted a fab video of the duplex apartments well worth looking at

This is indeed a great video of two (Q1 grade Balmoral Suite 9078 and Q2 grade Windsor Suite 9080) of the two level duplex apartments overlooking the stern and well worth seeing.

Anyone seen video of the Q2 suites Elizabeth or Mary that scamper was interested in?

Hi

The Q2 grade Queen Elizabeth (10003 starboard) and Queen Mary (10004 port) suites on deck 10, QM2, although in the Cunard Brochure as "duplex" suites are, in fact, all on one level (only the five duplex suites with views over the stern are on two levels). The "private" elevator access is via the outside public scenic lifts/elevators. For any other passengers using the lifts there are buttons for decks 7, 8, 9, and 11. For passengers staying in these two suites there is a "cardkey" slot similar to those found on all cabin doors. Placing your cardkey in this slot takes the lift to deck 10 and allows access to a small lobby and then into the suite. There is also access via an internal door as with other cabins. In the suite itself there are windows overlooking the bow, another facing straight out to port or starboard (depending on the suite) and another looking along the side of the ship towards the stern. Aft of the outside lift is the large "balcony" belonging to the suite which faces the side of the ship, not forwards. Given that the bridge screen (the structure beneath the bridge) and the lift housing give a lot of protection to this balcony I would be surprised if it was windy (but you never know...). As to internal layout, Going from forward to rear, there is a lounge/dining room across the front with desk area, clockroom and entrance way, behind that is the small lift lobby, bedroom, bathroom and at the rear, a second lounge with the balcony. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I does give me some idea. I knew that the aft duplex apartments all had basically the same layout, except that the "Grands" were a bit larger, have larger terraces, and have windows both aft and on the "sides" of the ship; and I have seen pictures of the suites that connect to the forward Q2 suites, but the actual Q2s were a mystery. Before I book, I wanted an idea of their layout.

• 6 years later...

I've traveled in the Queen Elizabeth suite, and I recommend it highly. If you haven't already figured it out, it appears whoever works Cunard's website got their photos confused. If you look at the 360-degree view of the Q3 Royal Suites, you will actually be looking at photos of the Q2 suites. Notice one of the three views has the balcony pictured, and neither of the Royal Suites have a balcony. It appears to me that the actual Royal Suites aren't shown on Cunard's website at this time.

If you look at View 3, you'll see the frosted glass door to the private elevator lobby fore the balcony. That's the giveaway.

Apologies for the extremely delayed reply.

I've traveled in the Queen Elizabeth suite, and I recommend it highly. If you haven't already figured it out, it appears whoever works Cunard's website got their photos confused. If you look at the 360-degree view of the Q3 Royal Suites, you will actually be looking at photos of the Q2 suites. Notice one of the three views has the balcony pictured, and neither of the Royal Suites have a balcony. It appears to me that the actual Royal Suites aren't shown on Cunard's website at this time.

If you look at View 3, you'll see the frosted glass door to the private elevator lobby fore the balcony. That's the giveaway.

Lol, SEVEN YEARS.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Scamper is still posting but mainly on the HAL boards so I'm not sure whether he ever did try the Q2 suites.

This is indeed a great video of two (Q1 grade Balmoral Suite 9078 and Q2 grade Windsor Suite 9080) of the two level duplex apartments overlooking the stern and well worth seeing.

Anyone seen video of the Q2 suites Elizabeth or Mary that scamper was interested in?

If only you'd been able to stay for drinks on the Hamburg to Southampton trip last June - I would have shown you the Balmoral Suite. But I think you've seen it in the flesh before?

A very big space - too big for just me. But I still enjoyed it immensely.

There's only one thing I'd probably change and that is the bed. A grand suite like that deserves a really plush bed and not just the standard mattress that goes in every other kind of stateroom on board.

Edit: argh, I just realised I have responded to a very old thread! Oh well.

Edited by Austcruiser84