Alternative dining QE

pudd

On our June cruise we are hoping to try some of the different evening dining options. Will we be able to find out at the start of the cruise what is on the different nights. I do remember seeing some menus posted onboard but can't remember if dates were listed. We have asked for late seating but depending on the ports it is nice to eat slightly earlier sometimes.

Edited by pudd

Yes, on your first day of embarkation contact the duty Maitre'd/Food & beverage supervisor, up in the Lido (not the restaurant)

Thy often have a print out of your particular voyage/cruise 'Alternative evening Theme' and also the dates available.

We will visit the Lido and look for information. We have our wedding anniversary on board so maybe will book the Verandah. Nice to be outside in the evenings sometimes to watch sailaways or the sunset so early dinner required.

We will visit the Lido and look for information. We have our wedding anniversary on board so maybe will book the Verandah. Nice to be outside in the evenings sometimes to watch sailaways or the sunset so early dinner required.

We've never tried the alternatives on Cunard but we might this time round. It's also our anniversary while we're on board so might try Todd English (we're on QM2).

We ate quite a few times in the alternative restaurants on Ventura as the main dining room was disappointing.

Have a great trip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm bumping this topic. Just booked the verandah for our forthcoming trip . I've paid a supplement of $24 per person for 4 of us. However I think I may have misunderstood the charging. Is this just an additional charge over and above the prices listed on the menu? I need to manage the expectations of our dining companions!

Not sure how much it is. Anyone got an upto date menu. Would like to try it but I don't eat much meat or fish. I'm not really fussy.. Not much.

All the alternative dining menus are to be found on the Cunard website just "Ask Cunard" - we have always found them to be excellent options, also the Verandah lunch, evening & taster menu @ $35. Not a lover of pigeon myself, shame it's a different menu on the Elizabeth as the choice on the Victoria was more my liking, but I am sure I will find something!