Guide in Israel

Rdrossman

Do you have a guide in Israel? We like 1/2 day tours. This trip is in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary . This is our third trip to Israel and would like to do some different things other than the usual tourist spots.

If docked in Haifa. Suggest you do a food tour. We booked ours through the website "Viator". The best one we have done around the world. So easy to find the starting point once get off the ship. Get to taste great foods and learn the history of life in Israel with an excellent guide. You will visit places you may never go to on your own, except with a local. Highly recommended and very safe

Do you have a guide in Israel? We like 1/2 day tours. This trip is in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary . This is our third trip to Israel and would like to do some different things other than the usual tourist spots.

Congratulations on your upcoming 50 year wedding anniversary. Very special and so nice that you will be on board Crystal Serenity and in Israel.

I would like to offer a couple of additional suggestions in addition to the feedback you receive here.

I would recommend that you note which port you will be docked at.

Also you might want to check out Trip Advisor which is a sister site of Cruise Critic. I have to say with each passing year I find more and more tours using that site that have worked out well for us in those situations where we aren't using Crystal tours.

I took a look at Trip Advisor before posting here and several tours are available privately with very good recommendations.

Normally I would say to also check out the ports of call board and you could definitely do that. It is the one for the Middle East and post there. I did a search on that board and didn't find much in the way of recommended guides.

We have been to Israel a couple of times but we took the Crystal tours.

Keith

We have visited Israel twice, two different cruises. On both we docked at Ashdod overnight and Haifa.

All days we used Guided Tours Israel and we had excellent guides every day.

On our first visit we had a comprehensive tour of Jerusalem and on the second day we toured to the Dead Sea and Masada (this was a great day). We have also visited Akko and done a tour up to the border with Lebanon, which was very interesting.

There is so much to choose from. As you have visited before you could probably contact them and couch a personalised tour.

All in all I could not recommend them highly enough. They are very responsive to enquiries and payment on the day suited us as cruisers.