Stockholm airport to embarkation port

lyraedro

We will be sailing on the Marina out of Stockholm on September 2.We did not purchase ground transer from Oceania, thinking we could take a cab from airport to the ship. But I have found it confusing to determine which is the location from which our Ship will sail.

Is there one Area for cruise ships? I see that there is a website for finding out the location of departure but I also find that difficult to comprehend. What do we need to know about getting from the airport to the Marina?

Looks like Marina will be in Fihamnen on 2017/09/02.

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

As for airport to port apparently taxi is 40 minutes and train 20 to central Stockholm. And then perhaps a shuttle bus. I'm sue you will get better directions for those who have done it. or now that you know the port, and good to check it against the cruise documents as per Mostly Sunny, you should be able to get good transportation ideas from the Port of call board also her on Cruise Critic. For questions that are not cruise line specific these boards can be great with local members too.

Checking out ports of call forum is an excellent suggestion. I remember from my research that not all taxi companies in Stockholm are trustworthy - some are better (more honest) than others.

Not too long ago on this forum there were complaints of some people "being taken for a ride" in Stockholm.

Doing your research is always a good idea - you should know approximately how much your taxi fare should be plus or minus and if it is way off you should confront the driver as well as take his information for a report to appropriate authorities.

A taxi driver tried this with me in Abu Dhabi and wanted to charge me almost 4 times what I expected to pay. He did not run his meter. When I complained about the high fare he asked me how much I wanted to pay and I paid him what my research indicated. He knew he was guilty - took the money and sped off. The hotel concierge said it was common and I should have reported him.

If I hadn't done my research I would have overpaid him 4 times what it should have been.

PS Also see this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43530293&highlight=Taxi+in+Stockholm#post43530293

Edited by Paulchili

Our hotel concierge offered the following advice on using a taxi to get us from the airport to the hotel:

We recommend the following taxi companies: "Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00", "Taxi Kurir30 00 00" or "Taxi 020", please ask for a flat rate

the price should be fixed and should be 450-500 Kr.

Check with the dispather. taxi Stockholm is reliable. There are others. they take credit cards.

Fares from the airport to central Stockholm hotels maybe fixed but OP is asking about transfer to the ship. I don't think that is fixed and hence my (and others') advice about choosing a taxi company wisely.

The companies listed by gbits all sound familiar as reliable,

Fares from the airport to central Stockholm hotels maybe fixed but OP is asking about transfer to the ship. I don't think that is fixed and hence my (and others') advice about choosing a taxi company wisely.

The companies listed by gbits all sound familiar as reliable,

Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00, as recommended by gbits, has an easy to use app for a smart phone. One can pre-book a taxi, large car, or premium car from Arlanda Terminal 4 or 5 to Frihamnen for a fixed price. A taxi has a fixed price of 572 sek. This is similar to the price quoted by Taxi Fare Finder of 560.43 sek You can also pre-book from a hotel to Frihamnen for a fixed price with Taxi Stockholm. At this time Marina is scheduled for berth 650 at Frihamnen according to http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/ Choose "expected" and Sept. 2 when using the site.

Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00, as recommended by gbits, has an easy to use app for a smart phone. One can pre-book a taxi, large car, or premium car from Arlanda Terminal 4 or 5 to Frihamnen for a fixed price. A taxi has a fixed price of 572 sek. This is similar to the price quoted by Taxi Fare Finder of 560.43 sek You can also pre-book from a hotel to Frihamnen for a fixed price with Taxi Stockholm. At this time Marina is scheduled for berth 650 at Frihamnen according to http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/ Choose "expected" and Sept. 2 when using the site.

Rhak you Travelfan 527 for this good information.

I know it is great to have the ease and convenience of apps. If you have questions, Taxi Stockholm responds in a timely manner. I asked for the specific choice of Frihamnen Berth 650. In a very short time they responded with Frihamnen Kajpl Sexhundrafemtio. This is what one would put into their app as the destination address for Marina's berth in Stockholm. It does pop up when just putting in Firhamnen Kaij ..... We will also be on the September 2nd Baltic cruise. Hopefully, we can meet up. There is a roll call, and a meet and greet that gbits is scheduling. It is mentioned in the roll call.

I have not received my documents. Did they arrive by mail or email?

I am starting to worry!

Diane

How did you book - direct thru Oceania or using a TA? If thru TA, he/she should have had your travel docs by now. If thru Oceania, you may be required to download them yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Usually the final doc come via email about 3 weeks from sailing

Final Cruise Summary in the subject line

Check with your TA if you used one

Basically the same info as in your Blue book which you should have received with luggage tags included

Our hotel concierge offered the following advice on using a taxi to get us from the airport to the hotel:

We recommend the following taxi companies: "Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00", "Taxi Kurir30 00 00" or "Taxi 020", please ask for a flat rate

Gina,

Are you back from the Baltic cruise? Just wanted to know how it went. How was the tour company in Saint Petersburg? Hope you enjoyed the trip as much as we did last year.

Best regards,

Mike and Cheryl

Gina,

Are you back from the Baltic cruise? Just wanted to know how it went. How was the tour company in Saint Petersburg? Hope you enjoyed the trip as much as we did last year.

Best regards,

Mike and Cheryl

Hi Mike & Cheryl! No, we finally get to go on September 2nd! Leaving for Stockholm this Wednesday. Saved your emails and went through them to put the info in my notes. I have been exploring and researching so long I feel like I already went lol but looking forward to it. Using TJ for St. P, they have been great so far - will email you when we get back :)

• 3 months later...
At the train station

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

wow, that was a quick reply... thanks

(by the way, I am only about 30 miles from you in franklin, wi)

my mom and I are ending our cruise in Stockholm and thinking of getting a hotel near the airport and spending the day touring around but don't want to be stuck all day with out luggage until we get to the hotel.

is the train station near where all the things to do are?