Pub Lunch on Princess.

Thank you for the replays and the info contained. I am happy it is still provided ocassionly as it provide a nice alternative on previous cruise. Mic I agree it is hard to beat a good banger.

The steak and kidney pudding was a bit ifish, first time I had it, it was great, next time it was all but empty, it seemed like they forgot to put the steak and kidney in it.

Maybe it was like an aero bar, where the bubbles of nothing make it something.;p

The Princess Pub Lunches are always packed out. If you go on the British ships - Cunard/P&O UK, that sort of tucker is on every day.:eek: QM2 in March had pub fare on every day at the Golden Lion Pub, busy though.

The Princess Pub Lunches are always packed out. If you go on the British ships - Cunard/P&O UK, that sort of tucker is on every day.:eek: QM2 in March had pub fare on every day at the Golden Lion Pub, busy though.

Very nice easy meals in the Golden lion, great proper pub atmosphere as well, as opposed to being in the restaurant.

Very nice easy meals in the Golden lion, great proper pub atmosphere as well, as opposed to being in the restaurant.

Our last Pub Lunch with Princess was in te Wheelhouse bar and I agree way better than in the restaurant. Ad I thought the food etween princess and QMII was similar quality.

Our last Pub Lunch with Princess was in te Wheelhouse bar and I agree way better than in the restaurant. Ad I thought the food etween princess and QMII was similar quality.

In my experience it is a little better on QM2 but then the atmosphere helps getting you in the mood to appreciate the food better.

In my experience it is a little better on QM2 but then the atmosphere helps getting you in the mood to appreciate the food better.

No doubt the warm Pom cask ale on QM2, helps in washing down ye olde fish and chips or pork pies.:p

Not for me old chum, it would be a pale ale (chilled) or a Fiery Ginger Beer.
Indeed Uncle Mic and an icy cold Strongbow cider for moi.:halo:

The Brit ships, P&O/Cunard do have the chilled lagers as well, to wit Fosters even, the poms like it.:eek: But also chilled Stella and Kronenburg.

QM2 ran out of 'Old Speckled Hen Ale in March, the Aussies drank it all, much to the disgust of the Brit World Cruisers.

Indeed Uncle Mic and an icy cold Strongbow cider for moi.:halo:

The Brit ships, P&O/Cunard do have the chilled lagers as well, to wit Fosters even, the poms like it.:eek: But also chilled Stella and Kronenburg.

QM2 ran out of 'Old Speckled Hen Ale in March, the Aussies drank it all, much to the disgust of the Brit World Cruisers.

Well if they snooze, they lose.