La Reserve

LHT28

If correct that would be $95 plus 18% gratuity which would be less than any of the offerings from earlier this year.

Just posting the link

Have no idea what the other menus cost

at one time there were 2 that were in the $95 + tip range

We booked the Odyssey menu in La Reserve quite a while ago for our November 2017 cruise -- price was $112.10 pp.

I am wondering if that price would be the same today?

Mura

P.S. I just answered my question -- yes, the price is the same. And no, they aren't showing the new menu. We probably won't get on board on time to book the new menu. But maybe we can book it for our May 2018 cruise on Riviera.

We booked the Odyssey menu in La Reserve quite a while ago for our November 2017 cruise -- price was $112.10 pp.

I am wondering if that price would be the same today?

Mura

P.S. I just answered my question -- yes, the price is the same. And no, they aren't showing the new menu. We probably won't get on board on time to book the new menu. But maybe we can book it for our May 2018 cruise on Riviera.

So it appears it is not a lot less than all the other offerings as posted by SANDBAG ..maybe they chose the more expensive one

I think Deb said you have to book onboard

the new menu is not listed on our Dec cruise ..so far

So it appears it is not a lot less than all the other offerings as posted by SANDBAG ..maybe they chose the more expensive one

I think Deb said you have to book onboard

the new menu is not listed on our Dec cruise ..so far

New menu starts August on Marina and September on Riviera. We board Riviera in November and our first stop will be the reservation desk. Fortunately we are in a PH and can board earlier. I too was quoted the $112. Price but I had assumed that did not include grants. Glad it is cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
New menu starts August on Marina and September on Riviera. We board Riviera in November and our first stop will be the reservation desk. Fortunately we are in a PH and can board earlier. I too was quoted the $112. Price but I had assumed that did not include grants. Glad it is cheaper.

$95 plus tax was/is the going rate on 2 of the Reserve Dinners you can book before sailing, the other being $165 plus tax; I was incorrect in my earlier posting.

$95 plus tax was/is the going rate on 2 of the Reserve Dinners you can book before sailing, the other being $165 plus tax; I was incorrect in my earlier posting.

We were told that this new menu cannot be booked before sailing. It must be booked onboard. The other 2 can be booked before sailing

We were told that this new menu cannot be booked before sailing. It must be booked onboard. The other 2 can be booked before sailing

On our upcoming 10 day cruise on Riviera there are 3 menus, not including this new one which, according to previous posters, can not be booked in advance on any cruise before the end of the year. You should check on the Oceania site as to which menus are available on your cruise. Additionally, on our cruise earlier this year one of the menus was repeated with no pre-cruise notice.

Thanks for this thread. Interesting dining option. While I respect bourgeois cuisine, this menu is extremely old-fashioned, circa 1955, very heavy, not at all adventurous, and IMHO not at all worth the very high price. Are they going to include a flambe as a coup de grace? Oy ve!

I was very sceptical about dining at la Réserve - until I tried it. Now we are booked for dinner there for our November cruise. Normally I do not like wine pairings. I also do not like heavy meals. What I found out was - the wines work well with the dishes and if you do not want a particular wine (I hate Sauvignon Blanc for example) they will happily substitute another. Also the portions are very small. Like the multi-course meals we have in good restaurants here in Switzerland and not the usual American size portions. The whole meal was a delightful experience. Met some very nice people and the food was top notch. So we are doing it again! November 8th, after our day in Zadar, we'll be at la Réserve.

One must not forget the included wines in the price. Though not typically 1er cru or above, they have all been very nice and well paired. The food portions are perfect. I've done these various dinners multiple times and they have all been delightful experiences.

As far adventurous menus, there have been multiple postings about O's food being very good but turning a bit bland. Due to the preferences of many of its cruisers, Oceania doesn't do "adventurous " when it comes to food. While many of us may bemoan that, we are in the minority. Not withstanding that, it is a wonderful meal and priced competitively, to similar events, in upscale restaurants in the US. One can rarely find an upper end wine tasting for less than $100 + tip anywhere, and it's quite often closer to $150 plus tip!

This morning the German office of Oceania sent me a notice about the new Cuisine Bourgeoise menu - with menu attached. No price though. Here is a link - menu is in English and French.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/81604440389/La-Cuisine-Bourgeoise-Menu.pdf?_ga=2.174656482.1741010495.1504422366-853839070.1486289947

Even if these portions are the usual small "dégustation" type which I am sure they are this menu would sink me. Way too much rich food. And as far as I am concerned nothing specially out of the ordinary like the other la Réserve menus.

To see if I could book it (just to see - I don't want to) I went into my account. Didn't show up there so it must be done on board...