interesting new perk maybe

LHT28

Adding some free laundry is certainly a good perk. Is it just wash and fold or does it include pressing?

On other cruise lines that I book, I get free laundry. On a short cruise (7days), laundry is not an issue. On longer cruises, free laundry would be appreciated. Just off 12 night cruise on Marina with extra nights before and after on land. Doing laundry was vital. I intended to send clothes to the ship laundry until I saw the prices. Oceania laundry prices are very high. I did a few wash loads myself. There were 2 days at the end of the cruise when you could send 20 items for $24.95 wash and fold. Had I known when the 20 item bag was being offered, I might used it. By the time that it was offered, I had already done the wash.

Does not make sense

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure it does, they are trying to add more value to selecting the Concierge cabin. It lessens it if everyone above it gets it also.

So are they adding more value to the higher categories or not.

Time will tell

Someone posted they had PH cabin booked & were getting the new laundry perk

Cannot see any value to the dining perk for PH & above as they already get dining service for dinner & I bet the Butler can get them lunch from GDR if they asked

Sure it does, they are trying to add more value to selecting the Concierge cabin. It lessens it if everyone above it gets it also.

Exactly. Many here, myself included, feel that concierge is not worth the extra money. Oceania must have the numbers to see if it is so.

PH and above do not need extra incentives - they sell themselves with the cabin sizes and perks they already have.

JMO.

Exactly. Many here, myself included, feel that concierge is not worth the extra money. Oceania must have the numbers to see if it is so.

PH and above do not need extra incentives - they sell themselves with the cabin sizes and perks they already have.

JMO.

On the other hand - we have no plans of ever booking a PH or above as we don't need the extra space. However, if we were for some reason going to pay that much extra for a PH, we would expect to get at least the same perks as a concierge cabin as well as all the current ones that come with a PH cabin. I just looked at the perk description between a PH and a C class cabin and the only real difference I see is the PH gets a butler and priority luggage delivery. Now there may be more PH perks they didn't mention like more specialty restaurant reservations, but there weren't that many differences.

However, since we DO plan on occasionally booking a concierge cabin, especially if we get the cabin we want, it will be a nice perk to now get the free internet as well as 3 bags of laundry included in the deal. And I would think it would be a nice perk for those in PHs as well.

JMO.

I think your wrong, if they are having trouble selling Concierge lower the price. If you look at perks, it's given to the lower suite/cabin then the next suite/cabin the perks will say everything below plus you get. It's really poor marketing on "O's" part. If they price the cabin right it will sell, and nobody cares---but this just doesn't cut it for me. Rick

On the other hand - we have no plans of ever booking a PH or above as we don't need the extra space. However, if we were for some reason going to pay that much extra for a PH, we would expect to get at least the same perks as a concierge cabin as well as all the current ones that come with a PH cabin. I just looked at the perk description between a PH and a C class cabin and the only real difference I see is the PH gets a butler and priority luggage delivery. Now there may be more PH perks they didn't mention like more specialty restaurant reservations, but there weren't that many differences.

However, since we DO plan on occasionally booking a concierge cabin, especially if we get the cabin we want, it will be a nice perk to now get the free internet as well as 3 bags of laundry included in the deal. And I would think it would be a nice perk for those in PHs as well.

For PH you get meals served course by course in your suite if you want

C cabins you only get room service tray dropped off no hot breakfast items if that is important ..no bottle of bubbly, no free pressings, no balcony

If you have the O life deal you get free internet in all cabins

It is a matter of personal choices

We like the deck 4 C cabins on the R ships ..it works for us but maybe not for others

Size of the room and a walk in closet is the big difference. You also get dinner in your room from any of the specialty restaurants every night if you want it.

Size of the room and a walk in closet is the big difference. You also get dinner in your room from any of the specialty restaurants every night if you want it.

These are the "biggies" for me - especially the last one. We love Jacques and it's not a given one can get extra reservations there. If we are not successful then we can always do Jacques in the cabin.

To be clear, I wouldn't refuse the new perk if I were in a PH but it would not deter me from booking one if it were not included.

As always, YMMV

I'm with you Paul. (I guess I usually am!)

If I can't get the restaurant reservation I can order in to the cabin. That's far more valuable to me than the laundry perk.

Not that I would turn it down if it were offered!

Mura

These are the "biggies" for me - especially the last one. We love Jacques and it's not a given one can get extra reservations there. If we are not successful then we can always do Jacques in the cabin.

To be clear, I wouldn't refuse the new perk if I were in a PH but it would not deter me from booking one if it were not included.

As always, YMMV

I agree with you, I wouldn't change my suite for a perk---I'm just saying that "O" did a very poor job in marketing to the cruiser on this one. And this is just on the board---wait until people get on the ship that are in a "PH" and hear someone talking about the free laundry in a "C" cabin.