El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Quick get back onto the great Aussie cruise sitevprice has come back down for some cabins $242 twin share inside

That's $242 For the cabin not pp, or is it because of no kid places available .. sorry can't help with that one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oceanview is available for 12/9 departure for $118! Kids available as well.

Four nights comedy cruise out of Sydney 28th August, P&O pacific jewel.

$194.50 interior

$224.50 balcony

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, paid $459 for cheapest inside in March,:eek: been upgraded to top inside. Whats the chances of an upgrade to a balcony at check in? So pissed off.:mad:

$194.50 interior

$224.50 balcony

Sydney to Auckland.. @@@hey I thought this was the comedy cruise. Now I'm stuck in freezing Auckland @#@#

Sent from my MotoG3 using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone, paid $459 for cheapest inside in March,:eek: been upgraded to top inside. Whats the chances of an upgrade to a balcony at check in? So pissed off.:mad:

Sorry about that. You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you book early to get on a cruise and it sells out. Other times, you book a cruise and then they keep discounting it. You can either continue to book when your ready or wait about 6 weeks out from cruise day when they look to shift over supply of cabins.

$194.50 interior

$224.50 balcony

Well that's just crazy cruise pricing!They make you laugh & then kick you off the boat in Auckland.

We were upgraded to a balcony from an obstructed window, on the Jewel cruising to Eden earlier this year. Only found out when I re-printed the luggage tags the day before sailing so hopefully you have a chance.

Hi Everyone, thanks for your replies. Being selfish really, imagine how those people who paid full price for a balcony are feeling:eek: Did try to pay extra for the balcony when prices first dropped a couple of months ago. $200pp cancellation fee. At least Princess honour price drops and give some OBC as compensation. Never mind a cruise is still a cruise.I've built a bridge.:D

Mick I thought I saw so great prices for flights..hmm hope I haven't deleted it. I'll be in Alaska so I wasn't paying attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is almost cheaper to fly international (NZ or Singapore) than to Cairns for us here in Canberra.

Some travel agents (can't mention names) offer a guaranteed lowest price (for a fee of course) if the cabin price drops after you pay. It's like insurance to make sure you get the lowest price offered even after you pay your finals. Good luck with a balcony upgrade!

Some travel agents (can't mention names) offer a guaranteed lowest price (for a fee of course) if the cabin price drops after you pay. It's like insurance to make sure you get the lowest price offered even after you pay your finals. Good luck with a balcony upgrade!

If its the same one I know about, its a one time deal so you can only change once, so you have to decide when to take it. Also the cost is not so cheap...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm watching prices for a short cruise in November 2017 with hopefully 1 way airfares to/from Melbourne. Looking at the pacific Jewel Melbourne to Tasmania 5 nights or the golden princess Sydney to Melbourne 3 nights. Hoping for an el cheapo deal on one of these! If anyone sees anything please post.

I'm watching prices for a short cruise in November 2017 with hopefully 1 way airfares to/from Melbourne. Looking at the pacific Jewel Melbourne to Tasmania 5 nights or the golden princess Sydney to Melbourne 3 nights. Hoping for an el cheapo deal on one of these! If anyone sees anything please post.

Was looking at that Jewel cruise but have too much on at the moment.

Was looking at that Jewel cruise but have too much on at the moment.

Agreed but like the itinerary. Wish it was the golden doing that itinerary.

I'm just going to watch prices and book last minute if I can.

I'm settling my 2 year divorce legal battle and once it's all done & dusted, I want a short break.[emoji4]

7 nights PNG cruise for $490 pp in Oceanview - 16 September 2017, too bad it will cost nearly $700 pp to fly to Cairns for us.

Unfortunately friends of ours did the same thing last year, flights cost more than the cruise. But it was still a fun trip. A bit warmer than Canberra too! Although those prices do look a little exy.....