Problem with Royal Caribbean website?

mcordry

Is anyone else having any problems with rccl.com. I have tried to book a cruise for the past 2 day , and when I click on book a cruise, it automatically goes to an error page. I don't know if it is something wrong with my computer or their website.

People will tell you to "clear the cache" or "go incognito" and who knows what else. None of which should be necessary, their website is not well designed.

That said, they've been having more problems than usual the past two days. We were on the phone last night changing a reservation and the C&A person wasn't sure if she would even be able to access the system at her end. But she did, and we snagged the corner aft we were aiming for :)

when I remove the querystring parameter from the URL it works.

That's a new one!!

Clear your cache, sneak in incognito, and remove your querystring parameter. Couldn't make this stuff up.......

Edited by bouhunter

I think the problem is that the server cache on one of their app servers (I assume they use multiple app servers and load balance) has cached html with bad URLs in the header following an issue with their booking engine.

If anyone needs to clear cache, it's RCI on their server.

Here is what I noticed over the past 2 weeks. I've noticed this across 2 separate computer, 2 mobile phones, and multiple types of browsers. So I don't think it's me.

Issue 1: If you try to book 2 cabins at once, expect it to fail. After you change/choose the actual cabin numbers you get sent back to the main search results.

Issue 2: If you click on a button to load the next page, but it doesn't load (blank page), then you can usually recover by copying the URL (Ctrl+C), closing the browser fully, and then reopen a new browser window using the copied URL.

Issue 3: You get the "Error page" and they ask you to call in the 800 number.

Is anyone else having any problems with rccl.com. I have tried to book a cruise for the past 2 day , and when I click on book a cruise, it automatically goes to an error page. I don't know if it is something wrong with my computer or their website.

Try a different browser too.