VX Quest Stateroom size 8093 vs. 6093?

Nashna

We are booked in VX category and are deciding between the AFT staterooms 8093 & 6093. Many posts ago, someone mentioned that the sixth deck aft staterooms had larger balconies. Does anyone know what the size difference is between those two stateroom verandas? If it is just going to give us an extra 6inches to a foot than we will stick with the 8093 for the higher location. However, if it is an extra 18 inches in length, than we might switch to 6093.

We were in VX8093 for the Australia & New Zealand cruise earlier this year. We loved it. Great location. Others have mentioned occasional noise from moving chairs in the Sunset Bar above, but we didn’t notice it at all. Our traveling companions were in VX7116. Their veranda was just a little bit larger, so I would think that the VX6093 would just be a little larger than that.

We are booked in VX category and are deciding between the AFT staterooms 8093 & 6093. Many posts ago, someone mentioned that the sixth deck aft staterooms had larger balconies. Does anyone know what the size difference is between those two stateroom verandas? If it is just going to give us an extra 6inches to a foot than we will stick with the 8093 for the higher location. However, if it is an extra 18 inches in length, than we might switch to 6093.

I'd estimate about a foot deeper. It gives more shelter under the overhang and personally being sensitive to noise overhead potentially from the deck above I'd switch to 6093.

Phil

If you look at the slant of the stern, between decks 8 & 6 it looks like it could be more than six but could easily be 18". We're booked into 6093 for two other cruises on a different R class ship next year to Alaska and then the Panama Canal. I'll let you know then. :D

But from what I saw on the Journey earlier this month, I like the overhang on deck six.

I have been in 7121. I had and still have a choice of that cabin for the cruise I am going on & 6093. I choose 8093 for one reason. Going into and out of ports I think the higher up the better you will see things. Just my thoughts. No matter which of the aft cabins you take the balcony as it goes up decreases 6 inches

Kathy

I have been in 7121. I had and still have a choice of that cabin for the cruise I am going on & 6093. I choose 8093 for one reason. Going into and out of ports I think the higher up the better you will see things. Just my thoughts. No matter which of the aft cabins you take the balcony as it goes up decreases 6 inches

In any case, all of the VX verandas on the stern are large enough that it really makes no difference in terms of useful size. And, having stayed in 8093 for nearly four weeks, I would say noise is not an issue. As Kathy writes above, the view is better the higher you are.

In any case, all of the VX verandas on the stern are large enough that it really makes no difference in terms of useful size. And, having stayed in 8093 for nearly four weeks, I would say noise is not an issue. As Kathy writes above, the view is better the higher you are.

That's good to know. We have 8093 on our upcoming Quest b2b.

This is good to know. I think we will stick with 8093. This is the first time we have sailed in an AFT stateroom. We sailed in a forward stateroom on the Regal Princess last April and enjoyed the experience. I think we will enjoy that AFT location as well.

• 6 months later...
I am staying in 6093 in August 2018 and would love to know how everyone liked those aft cabins in terms of any vibration or soot problems.

We were in 8093 in Sept. for 20 nights. Not once were we bothered by noise from above and we absolutely loved it. We did have a problem with soot at times and I would wipe the table with Clorox wipes but it became so stained that a crew member power washed everything. That being said, I wouldn’t hesitate to book an aft cabin again. I wish I could post some of my pics on here...the view is worth a little soot.

We were in 8093 in Sept. for 20 nights. Not once were we bothered by noise from above and we absolutely loved it. We did have a problem with soot at times and I would wipe the table with Clorox wipes but it became so stained that a crew member power washed everything. That being said, I wouldn’t hesitate to book an aft cabin again. I wish I could post some of my pics on here...the view is worth a little soot.

I think each individual has a different tolerance to noise, coupled with the fact some spend more time in their cabin than others and get up at different times of a morning. All I can say is I’ve done two cruises with a cabin directly under the Sunset Bar and wouldn’t do it again. However I am noise sensitive, especially anything overhead.

The soot is not a problem for me either and you can’t beat the wide field of view. This is from deck 6.

Philda17d8c4f1b1c4899810e002d80dfcf6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience in the Owners Suite on Deck 8 - no I’d never do a Deck 8 aft again unless it was the only room available in the kind I wanted.

I love the wake but it doesn’t compensate for the unavoidable noise from up above. So I’d always go for 6 or 7 over 8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been in a deck 8 Owner's Suite as well as a veranda and, like you, had no noise issue, and simply loved being on the stern.

My experience was on Journey, it certainly woke us each day. I also know on Quest it must have been an issue, one cruise when we were at the other end of the ship, we discovered that Philip had closed the aft verandah seating area at breakfast until 0800 because of complaint issues re noise from VIPs below. Anyway I suppose it also depends how "mutt and jeff" each person is whether noise gets them or not. It certainly wakes us.

But for the OP she has a Deck 6 option which I would recommend over Deck 8 - I think we all agree its good to be aft without a doubt

My experience was on Journey, it certainly woke us each day. I also know on Quest it must have been an issue, one cruise when we were at the other end of the ship, we discovered that Philip had closed the aft verandah seating area at breakfast until 0800 because of complaint issues re noise from VIPs below. Anyway I suppose it also depends how "mutt and jeff" each person is whether noise gets them or not. It certainly wakes us.

But for the OP she has a Deck 6 option which I would recommend over Deck 8 - I think we all agree its good to be aft without a doubt

I've been on cruises where the Sunset Bar area has been shut first thing too.

Phil

I think each individual has a different tolerance to noise, coupled with the fact some spend more time in their cabin than others and get up at different times of a morning. All I can say is I’ve done two cruises with a cabin directly under the Sunset Bar and wouldn’t do it again. However I am noise sensitive, especially anything overhead.

The soot is not a problem for me either and you can’t beat the wide field of view. This is from deck 6.

Philda17d8c4f1b1c4899810e002d80dfcf6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil,

Do you use a hosting site or are you able to post directly from a phone of iPad? I think Kotor was one of the most beautiful ports we sailed into and the views from the aft balcony were phenomenal.

On another line, we had an aft balcony for Alaska and Bermuda. They tend to spoil us.

Phil,

Do you use a hosting site or are you able to post directly from a phone of iPad? I think Kotor was one of the most beautiful ports we sailed into and the views from the aft balcony were phenomenal.

On another line, we had an aft balcony for Alaska and Bermuda. They tend to spoil us.

Nancy, if I want to post a picture I use Tapatalk because it's easy to do and no hosting site required. See the text at the bottom of the post? I prefer the CC website look so only use Tapatalk if I want to include a photo.

Phil

Nancy, if I want to post a picture I use Tapatalk because it's easy to do and no hosting site required. See the text at the bottom of the post? I prefer the CC website look so only use Tapatalk if I want to include a photo.

Phil

That’s an app, correct? I don’t use many apps. I assume I would sign into cc using that app, correct? Sounds a little bewildering to me.