ALL things Liberty of th Seas

Drew Devine is the CD. He was off due to a death in the family but I think he's back now.

Drew plays the drums sometimes at the start of a show. He's very good on them.

Looks like the weather will be very bad in Houston/Galveston this weekend because of Harvey.

Hey Karen...ya'll will have a bumpy ride home and a wet arrival in Galveston, but the worst of it is going to Corpus and then coming here! 10-20 inches! But the worst will be past at Galveston....they say.

The Sunday roll call is creeped out but I think they'll be fine...only threat being flight cxs.

I thought that Harvey was a waskaly wabbit!

Enjoying your Periscope broadcasts. First time I have used it. We board Sunday assuming the hurricane allows it.

I hope it does. When do you get yo Galveston?

I will report here when we get word from Captain James about where we will go or be.

I hope it does. When do you get yo Galveston?

I will report here when we get word from Captain James about where we will go or be.

We have a Saturday 5:45 AM flight out of Charlotte to Hobby @ 7:20 AM. I am almost counting on a delay at this point but that is not an issue since we have all day to get there. I am sitting tight for now. We used to live on the SC coast and have been through the hurricane bit many times. you never know, but I am thinking that by Saturday, and certainly Sunday it should just be rain in Galveston. The issue will be whether your cruise has to alter the route on Friday/Saturday and how much impact that might have. Maybe you get an extra 1/2 day out of this. :D

The port of Galveston just issued an update on the Liberty of the Seas;

"Update: Royal Caribbean International is actively monitoring path and progression of Hurricane Harvey. At this time, Liberty of the Seas will keep her original schedule for Sunday's turnaround in Galveston, Tx. Should they make any changes to Liberty of the Sea's itinerary, they will make sure to inform their guests and travel partners.

Royal Caribbean will provide an update tomorrow, August 25th by 12:00 PM EST."

ADMIN NOTE. From the ship at 12:25 pm

Captain James was just on the intercom. We leave Cozumel on time today. He says there's a slight window that might let the ship get in on Sunday morning. He has talked to folks at the port about it.

Absent from his words was that we might get off the ship when we arrive. They just don't know. RCs meteorologist and others are watching constantly. There is an offer on down the page to move cars from the port area.

More is not known now. Sorry, but not interested in what C does. RC will wait and give accurate info rather than speculation.

That's it for now. Karen (onboard Liberty)

ADMIN NOTE. From the ship at 12:25 pm

Captain James was just on the intercom. We leave Cozumel on time today. He says there's a slight window that might let the ship get in on Sunday morning. He has talked to folks at the port about it.

Absent from his words was that we might get off the ship when we arrive. They just don't know. RCs meteorologist and others are watching constantly. There is an offer on down the page to move cars from the port area.

More is not known now. Sorry, but not interested in what C does. RC will wait and give accurate info rather than speculation.

That's it for now. Karen (onboard Liberty)

Karen, we had our early flight tomorrow cancelled but SW changed us to a later flight. It does leave before noon though, so a noon announcement does us no good. I got an email a little after 2PM EDT today that said the cruise is on schedule for Sunday. At this point we have to go. Carnival did offer credits or refunds for their weekend cruises. It would be a good thing if RCI would follow suit. We would probably try to switch to another port if we could find one not sold out. Otherwise I hope your captain is right and we get to wave to you as you debark.

Another stupid Texas law, also collecting taxs at end of cruise for any liquor you bought, I paid one time have just ignored them since

Hello, this our first time leaving from Texas

So IF I buy something

I don't have to stop?

Karen, we had our early flight tomorrow cancelled but SW changed us to a later flight. It does leave before noon though, so a noon announcement does us no good. I got an email a little after 2PM EDT today that said the cruise is on schedule for Sunday. At this point we have to go. Carnival did offer credits or refunds for their weekend cruises. It would be a good thing if RCI would follow suit. We would probably try to switch to another port if we could find one not sold out. Otherwise I hope your captain is right and we get to wave to you as you debark.

I knoww this isn't much if any help, but as of now the 2 carnival ships that are to come in tomorrow have been redirected to NOLA

They are saying that the ports may be closed till next Tuesday or Wednesday

Can you get a early Sunday flight?

Or late tomorrow night?

And hopefully you will have an answer from royal by then

Hello, this our first time leaving from Texas

So IF I buy something

I don't have to stop?

That choice is up to you but do read about consequences if caught. Has been awhile since I read them but at least for us, we won't try skipping paying tax. We've done our homework on local prices so we can compare to those onboard & in port then we'll add the TX tax. As we're driving, not much of a hassle to get product home but if flying, the cost savings would have to be considerable to offset the hassle.

That choice is up to you but do read about consequences if caught. Has been awhile since I read them but at least for us, we won't try skipping paying tax. We've done our homework on local prices so we can compare to those onboard & in port then we'll add the TX tax. As we're driving, not much of a hassle to get product home but if flying, the cost savings would have to be considerable to offset the hassle.

We are not really drinkers, but YES, if I buy something I will stop at the customs

I couldn't take the guilt of not stopping

• 2 months later...