What's Seabourn Odyssey thinking serving those hash brown bricks?

LNugent

The food on Seabourn is so good I was shocked to find on my first Seabourn cruise in many years that every morning at breakfast they had these woeful, hard as rock hash brown "bricks". Why not some nice roasted potatoes or freshly make hash brown potatoes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The food on Seabourn is so good I was shocked to find on my first Seabourn cruise in many years that every morning at breakfast they had these woeful, hard as rock hash brown "bricks". Why not some nice roasted potatoes or freshly make hash brown potatoes.

These bricks?

DSCN0073-L.jpg

Money saving. Essentially the same thing you get on Holland America or Carnival, albeit in a different shape (now). IIRC Regent serves up the same thing.

I referred to them as "bricks" not because of shape but because they were almost always as hard as a brick.

Oh. Wow. I was thinking shape. The only time I've had them with a brick like texture was from the buffet in the Verandah/Colonnade.

We had a wonderful cruise on Odyssey in January. Food was excellent. But the hash brown potatoes? I wouldn't serve those in an elementary school cafeteria. I complained about them a year ago when we cruised Seabourn, and mentioned them again in my comment this year. We need more people to complain. If Seabourn needs lessons in hash browns, they should eat at Chubby's the diner just up the street from us here in Kansas City. LittleRedJohn

Forgive my pressing for clarity but are you actually saying that the Seabourn hash browns are a zero compared to a Mc5? (Full disclosure; I really like McDonalds hash browns, though real hash browns are the best)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Forgive my pressing for clarity but are you actually saying that the Seabourn hash browns are a zero compared to a Mc5? (Full disclosure; I really like McDonalds hash browns, though real hash browns are the best)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. I hate McDonald's hash browns. Seabourns are so bad they rate much lower

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...