Fulton Garage Question

wendybreezy35

I am coming in 2 days before my cruise and staying at the springhill suites next to Fulton Garage. I want to park at the garage and walk to my hotel and then back to the garage the morning of the cruise and use their shuttle. I have called and gotten 2 different stories. Has any one else done this before. Thanks for the help

I've heard of people on here being able to add a day or two onto their cruise parking time. One time like three years ago I went on a 5 day cruise and booked Fulton online for six nights. When I arrived they assumed I was on the 7-day cruise and charged me for an additional day. They know when the cruises are leaving and how long they last. It was still cheaper than my hotel parking so I just went with it. I believe the legit way would be to pay their "hotel" rate for your hotel night which is $25, then the cruise rate for the other nights.They have both rates on the website:

www.neworleansparking.com

• 3 weeks later...

We will be driving a 15 passenger van and plan to use the garage. I contacted them, and all they could confirm was the 9ft 7in height maximum on their signage. I would assume there will be no height issue. Anyone park a full size passenger van at Fulton garage before?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd check with whoever you are renting the 15 passenger van from to confirm height of van since none of us have that answer. However, the interior ramps in the garage are very narrow so will feel very tight in a large van. You might be better parking at the port and paying their higher daily fee. Seems you have enough folks in the van that that small additional cost shouldn't be an issue. There are some outside parking spaces at the port where you wouldn't have to deal with tight garages. You can just drop everyone off where porters take the checked baggage and then park the van and return to the check in area. I would also suggest you take a copy of your boarding pass in case you get separated from your group.

We will be driving a 15 passenger van and plan to use the garage. I contacted them, and all they could confirm was the 9ft 7in height maximum on their signage. I would assume there will be no height issue. Anyone park a full size passenger van at Fulton garage before?

We were just in the Fulton Garage in May and 9ft 7in seems very generous for the height allowance. I rechecked their website and it says 6ft 7in - some 15 passenger vans that may cause an issue, so I think the port will be the best.

We were just in the Fulton Garage in May and 9ft 7in seems very generous for the height allowance. I rechecked their website and it says 6ft 7in - some 15 passenger vans that may cause an issue, so I think the port will be the best.

Thanks for your response! 9ft 7in was a typo on my part:cool:. Agreed, this thing could be a challenge and not worth the risk. We are gonna park at the port.

I am coming in 2 days before my cruise and staying at the springhill suites next to Fulton Garage. I want to park at the garage and walk to my hotel and then back to the garage the morning of the cruise and use their shuttle. I have called and gotten 2 different stories. Has any one else done this before. Thanks for the help

We did this in 2010 and had no problem at all. We are cruising out of NOLA again next month and just spoke to someone at the garage. This person said it would be no problem. Our hotel was Springhill Suites back in 2010 and again next month. It was about a 4 minute walk to our car from the hotel.

I would suggest going online and putting your dates in. If the dates are accepted no problem. I'd drop everything off at hotel before going to parking garage. Be sure and check their hours so you get the car there before they close. You'll probably need to book the indoor parking since roof may be full of 7 day cruisers.

Cherie