Fantasy Altering East Caribbean Itinerary This Week

PopFla

Sad as Tortola is an amazing port. I'm sure their government is doing everything possible to get the roads safe and functional again in order to see those tourist dollars! But the BVI government gets credit for closing the port when they can't handle to tourist load safely!

I'm just hoping they are able to restore everything by next month when we are on that itinerary. But if not, St Maarten is one of our favorite ports also, so we won't be terribly disappointed if we end up there.

Fantasy will be arriving in St Maarten tomorrow instead of Tortola due to storm damage in Tortola.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2017/08/disney-fantasy-alters-current-sailing-swapping-tortola-st-maarten-due-rain-damage/

I love the Eastern Caribbean itinerary as it is, but I haven’t visited St. Maarten yet, and I’ve heard great things! That would be a fun itinerary change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just hoping they are able to restore everything by next month when we are on that itinerary. But if not, St Maarten is one of our favorite ports also, so we won't be terribly disappointed if we end up there.

I agree. We're on her in 50 days and would hope things are back to normal by then. But I would be happy with either stop. We haven't been to St. Maarten since 2013.

• 1 month later...
WE will be on Fantasy in November and hoping that the ship will get back to Tortola (really wanted to see the islands and the baths). I assume that St. Thomas is still taking ships as normal?

St Thomas is closed per this list:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/09/21/your-caribbean-cruise-destination-still-open-port-by-port-look-after-irma-maria/685467001/

This thread had me confused, until I realized it was originally posted in August (before the hurricanes). As of now, St. Thomas, St Maarten and Tortola are all closed, and current Easterns have been re-routed to the Western Caribbean ports (minus Key West, which is also closed).

This thread had me confused, until I realized it was originally posted in August (before the hurricanes). As of now, St. Thomas, St Maarten and Tortola are all closed, and current Easterns have been re-routed to the Western Caribbean ports (minus Key West, which is also closed).

Arrrrr....! Didn't catch that.

Interesting. I thought St Maarten also sustained considerable damage, including the port area.

It did, this is old info. Here is the latest from the Disney site for the current and next few Eastern Caribbean cruises.

September 23, 2017 – 9:00 a.m.

Disney Dream Sailings - September 22 and beyond

The Disney Dream is expected to sail as scheduled on Friday, September 22.

Disney Fantasy - September 23 and October 7 Sailings

The September 23 and October 7 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean sailings are being modified to include ports of call in the Western Caribbean. These two revised sailings will now visit Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Falmouth, Jamaica.

Please know that further changes may be needed as Hurricane Maria runs her course and the Caribbean islands continue to recover from the impacts of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria and that we will notify Guests should additional changes be necessary.

• 4 weeks later...