Castaway Cay

suesue25

OK, I was told there is a 36.00 per person charge that is applied to your room charge just for getting off the boat at Castaway Cay and also 25.00 charge for a "survival pack" which includes water on ice . Can someone please clarify this for me please ?

This is absurd. I don't doubt that there is a port charge to the Bahamian government which is included in the cost of your cruise--Castaway Cay is legally a part of the Bahamas. Every port that ship stops at has a "port charge." But you never pay it separately. It is part of the "taxes and government fees" line on your invoice, and it is charged whether you get off the ship or not.

You pay NO separate charge whether you get off the ship or not.

There is a "survival pack" for sale, but you don't need it. You are welcome to bring water from the ship onto the island in any container you wish. Insect repellent, life vest, and lunch are included in the cost of your cruise fare. You can bring your own sun screen, etc. Ice is available at the food outlets--no charge.

You can spend the entire day on the island and not charge a penny to your account. Or you can buy soft drinks, alcohol, excursions, a cabana, and ultimately spend a lot. Your choice! The best thing is to think of the island as an extension of the ship--what's included on the ship is included on the island. This would be things like lunch, soft drinks from the beverage stations, entertainment, etc. Stuff not included on the ship is not included on the island--specialty drinks, alcohol, shopping, etc.