MIA or FLL to Barcelona

cellfree

Has anyone had experience on either TAP Airlines or Norwegian Air? I have been investigating both as the cost of a one-way from MIA on TAP or FLL on Norwegian is "about" $450 whereas on an airline such as Air France/American/United/etc. is $2,000+.

Between TAP or Norwegian 100% pick TAP. Its not an ultra low cost airline like Norwegian. Have you looked into the extra fees on Norwegian?

I guess the one positive about Norwegian is I assume you are looking at the non-stop flight? Where TAP you need to stop in Lisbon.

While Norwegian is a low-cost airline, it does not mean that you will have to sacrifice everything. It just means that you have to purchase what you want. If you book the LowFare+ fare option, you will be allotted your regular free 10kg hand luggage that everyone gets, plus a free checked bag of 20kg, plus meals for the flight,plus free seat reservation, which at that point is the equivalent of any mainstream carrier. I do not know hpow the price will compare if you book on the LowFare+ deal comapred to TAP, but this was, you will not have a layover is LIS, unless of course you'd like to make a stopvoer of 10-12 hours in the city, then that's a different story. The only thing that Norwegian LongHaul will not provide you with the LowFare+ far option compared to TAP or a regular carrier is that they do not offer blankets or headphones (in flight entertainment is free for everyone though), so as long as you bring a set of headphones and a blanket, you aren't going to miss out on much.

While some view lowcost carriers as a phony way of scheming people out of money, in the longhaul (pun intended), it could end up saving you money, even after all of the add-ons.