Laundry room location on The Allure Of The Seas?

This is the first I've heard of a laundry special. Then again, this is going to be my first RCI cruise! I'm intrigued, for sure! Does anyone know how much the special goes for?

I was originally going to do laundry in the sink or shower, but those were only for the basic clothing, like gym shorts, socks, and t-shirts, etc. If there is a special going on I might take advantage of that for the more complex items, like my formal wear.

This is the first I've heard of a laundry special. Then again, this is going to be my first RCI cruise! I'm intrigued, for sure! Does anyone know how much the special goes for?

I was originally going to do laundry in the sink or shower, but those were only for the basic clothing, like gym shorts, socks, and t-shirts, etc. If there is a special going on I might take advantage of that for the more complex items, like my formal wear.

I haven't been on Royal yet, but if it's like NCL the "special" is however much you can fit in a provided bag, and it's bulk-washed in industrial machines. Not ideal for formal wear. They may have pressing specials, not sure.

Lines I'm aware of with self-service laundry are Disney and Princess.

I usually cruise NCL and I hate re-wearing clothes, especially once they pick up food smells, so I've gotten good at hand-washing.

The Wash and Fold (no pressing) special is for things like T-shirts, shorts, socks, and underwear. I wouldn't put anything in there that I really cared about. The cost is $35. You should plan a day or two to get it back. We use it on every cruise for what I call daytime clothes.

I haven't been on Royal yet, but if it's like NCL the "special" is however much you can fit in a provided bag, and it's bulk-washed in industrial machines. Not ideal for formal wear. They may have pressing specials, not sure.

Lines I'm aware of with self-service laundry are Disney and Princess.

I usually cruise NCL and I hate re-wearing clothes, especially once they pick up food smells, so I've gotten good at hand-washing.

Thanks for the tips! Very good to know. I also don't like re-wearing my clothes. Not sure I want my clothes in those type of machines, though... soooo I'll go back to washing my own.

I wish! I'd love to do a quick load here and there. Even Regent cruise line has self service laundry but I guess RC want's an extra cabin here and there opposed to a few laundry rooms.

That would be a lot of here and there on a ship the size of the Oasis. Just sayin'...:D

Be happy and think of no laundry rooms as a good excuse not to be washing clothes on your cruise! :D

We had free laundry on a 7 week cruise. They ruined the first bag BIG TIME and I ended up doing laundry in our sink for 7 weeks! Yes, we were comped, but not enough. Everything came back as if they tied our clothes in knots, washed in boiling water, and dried in a furnace for a week. I couldn't even iron out the wrinkles in t shirts.:evilsmile:

We had free laundry on a 7 week cruise. They ruined the first bag BIG TIME and I ended up doing laundry in our sink for 7 weeks! Yes, we were comped, but not enough. Everything came back as if they tied our clothes in knots, washed in boiling water, and dried in a furnace for a week. I couldn't even iron out the wrinkles in t shirts.:evilsmile:

What cruise was that?

What cruise was that?

It was a B2B2B from LA around the Horn to NYC on Carnival Splendor...........yes, I know, but it was at a great price and was an awesome cruise of a lifetime! And we only needed air one way, Our son picked us up in NYC and drove us 3 hours home to DE. 7 weeks and I did miss my cooking!!:D

I would have really liked to have self-serve laundry rooms. But I can manage with the sink and shower. My only worry is drying the clothes. I've already got tips from other threads and members, as well as some handy YouTube videos.

From what I've learned and going to attempt.... Ring out wet clothes as much as possible and lay a towel on the ground and the wet clothes on top. Then, roll the towel up with the clothes inside as tights as possible, making sure the towel absorbs as much water as possible. Then hang dry using hooks or clothesline brought from home. I'm also going to try to have some clothes sit outside for a bit in the warm/hot temps, but I also don't want to make my balcony look like a building in a third-world-county, so I'll keep this to a minimum. Hope this works and helps others.

I would have really liked to have self-serve laundry rooms. But I can manage with the sink and shower. My only worry is drying the clothes. I've already got tips from other threads and members, as well as some handy YouTube videos.

From what I've learned and going to attempt.... Ring out wet clothes as much as possible and lay a towel on the ground and the wet clothes on top. Then, roll the towel up with the clothes inside as tights as possible, making sure the towel absorbs as much water as possible. Then hang dry using hooks or clothesline brought from home. I'm also going to try to have some clothes sit outside for a bit in the warm/hot temps, but I also don't want to make my balcony look like a building in a third-world-county, so I'll keep this to a minimum. Hope this works and helps others.

I actually walk on the rolled up towel to squeeze even more moisture out of my clothes. And I just use the hangers in the closet. No need to bring stuff from home for this task. Your air conditioned cabin actually is a good environment for drying the clothes.

:)