Celebrity booked onboard - transferable deposit?

Hi guys,

We booked a celebrity cruise for 2016 while onboard a celebrity cruise earlier this year.

I'm pretty sure the deposit for the next cruise was non refundable however is it transferable to another sailing a fortnight later?

We haven't made final balance yet.

I understand this needs to be repriced etc, however is it possible to transfer the deposit?

The new sailing I'm looking to book on includes classic beverage package. If I transfer the deposit, will I get this included if it's an offer for the new sailing?

Thanks

Hi guys,

We booked a celebrity cruise for 2016 while onboard a celebrity cruise earlier this year.

I'm pretty sure the deposit for the next cruise was non refundable however is it transferable to another sailing a fortnight later?

We haven't made final balance yet.

I understand this needs to be repriced etc, however is it possible to transfer the deposit?

The new sailing I'm looking to book on includes classic beverage package. If I transfer the deposit, will I get this included if it's an offer for the new sailing?

Thanks

Yes, you can either transfer or even cancel/refund if you want. It just has to be >90 days before sailing (for holiday sailings) or >75 days otherwise.

For the last question, you may be able to, but that depends on the specifics of the promotion. As you actually have an existing booking, if transferred and that promo is 'for new bookings only' then it wouldn't apply.

But as you're a TA you should have access to this info...?

Yes, you can either transfer or even cancel/refund if you want. It just has to be >90 days before sailing (for holiday sailings) or >75 days otherwise.

For the last question, you may be able to, but that depends on the specifics of the promotion. As you actually have an existing booking, if transferred and that promo is 'for new bookings only' then it wouldn't apply.

But as you're a TA you should have access to this info...?

Thank you! Unfortunately the TA line was closed last night when I thought of this, so thought I'd post here for info first while waiting for them to reopen today.

Thanks for your feedback and insight. I think I'll leave booking as is :)

Thank you! Unfortunately the TA line was closed last night when I thought of this, so thought I'd post here for info first while waiting for them to reopen today.

Thanks for your feedback and insight. I think I'll leave booking as is :)

We changed a booking on the Solstice recently and the deposit was just transferred to new booking . Your new booking would be repriced and that will include the Drinks package (Go Big promo) You may lose any Obc you might have had and may have to pay bit more on your original deposit which you paid onboard but if you are a Captains club member you get reduced deposits by 50% so yes you should be able to do it

We changed a booking on the Solstice recently and the deposit was just transferred to new booking . Your new booking would be repriced and that will include the Drinks package (Go Big promo) You may lose any Obc you might have had and may have to pay bit more on your original deposit which you paid onboard but if you are a Captains club member you get reduced deposits by 50% so yes you should be able to do it

Thank you very much for your response, glad to know for future knowledge it can be done! :)

Which Solstice cruise will you be sailing on?

Edited by LuckiePuris

Our experience was quite different - X refused to transfer our booking when we were looking at changing cruises. We had a future cruise certificate and also a voucher for a certain amount due to an issue on a previous cruise. This may have had something to do with it. They argued that they were not transferable if you changed your mind, but if we had a doctor's certificate they might look at it. In the end we voted with our feet and cancelled the lot. We lost our money but they lost a lot more.

I think you may be correct MicCanberra, though for us this was one of the few times we used a TA (as we needed to send the vouchers etc. and thought it would be easier). I don't think the TA was particularly proactive. I much prefer to be in charge of my own booking.

I think you may be correct MicCanberra, though for us this was one of the few times we used a TA (as we needed to send the vouchers etc. and thought it would be easier). I don't think the TA was particularly proactive. I much prefer to be in charge of my own booking.

In our case we went through a TA might be as you say how hard they go into bat for you but you would think it would be a standard thing?

We aren't going on the Solstice till Nov next year LuckiePuris so a while to go

There is good and bad for bot dealing direct or through a TA, I suppose you really only find out when things go pear shape though.

There have been mixed results on this issue, I may depend on a few things, but the main one may be who you speak with.

The mixed results come from the different situations.

As Aussieflyer said, he was using two vouchers, one of which is quite different from the other. Also, the timing may have been different. The terms I described refers to the current onboard booking offer, but different offers have different benefits and conditions.

Agreed that the situations are different - ours was not an on board booking either so was different. As it was we were not fussed with the cruise we had booked and looked at shifting to something different. As it didn't pan out we just cancelled and went to Singapore and Thailand on the Orient Express instead :o

Yep, it was a fantastic trip. Christmas on the E&OE train was a blast. Thoroughly recommend the trip. I love trains so we followed up this year with Rovos Rail from Victoria Falls to Pretoria and then a week at game lodges.

Have a short taster on Golden Princes in a couple of weeks, then looking around for next year. So many places, so little time (or money :o).

Yep, it was a fantastic trip. Christmas on the E&OE train was a blast. Thoroughly recommend the trip. I love trains so we followed up this year with Rovos Rail from Victoria Falls to Pretoria and then a week at game lodges.

Have a short taster on Golden Princes in a couple of weeks, then looking around for next year. So many places, so little time (or money :o).

Nice trips.

Agree about the places vs time and money.