Airfares have dropped substantially

Works for travel

If you purchased your own airline tickets for your future River Cruise or anything for that matter, check to see if your rate has decreased.

I purchased business class flights for my October River Cruise, I didn't go thru Viking.

I checked online yesterday and the rate had gone down 1657.00$ I called American Airlines and had them re-ticket the flights... I had to pay a fee of 500$ however that still meant 1157.00$ back in my pocket!

:cool:

Had I not checked and called, AA wouldn't have notified me, that's for sure.

Good luck.

Every time I log into Cruise Critic there's a very enticing pop-up ad for Viking on the top banner that says "Amsterdam to Basel 8 days from $1,199" so knowing about cheap airfares might be dangerous...:D

We're going on a December Christmas markets, Monday received an email about a 10 minute change in flight time on one of the legs. While on the website curiosity got the better of me and after a $300 change fee for each of us have close to $5,000 in airline credits to be used by May.

Thanks Works for travel! I didn't reap the huge bounty others have mentioned, but a quick check and call to Delta netted us $276 per person (after paying the $300 change fee) on our flights next month. The only wrinkle is that it isn't cash, but Delta vouchers that have to be used by Oct. 2

Looking at airfares for next summer cruises and not seeing any deals at all! :eek: The airlines must be wanting to make back that money for cutting deals for this summer. Think I'll wait a while and just watch. Hard to believe they'll go up more!

Good reminder for folks who may not think to check.

The same flights we have on Swiss and Austrian for our Christmas markets cruise this year are now $800 higher than when we booked. Glad I snagged them when I did! I watch fares pretty routinely and I've never seen them lower than when I booked last December.

The Air industry is that way, up and down. I periodically check but one thing I forgot to say, if you are checking via the internet, make sure you dump your cookies and browsing history first. Some sites are able to check and determine the last price given. The fact that every site I access knows what my last purchase was, it makes a lot of sense. Dump your history often :-)