Yacht Club upgrade?

Redtravel

How does it work? Has anyone been upgraded at embarkation? It is after final payment and prices have gone down. In fact, the price for B and BX is the same. My TA called and requested an upgrade from B to BX. It didn't happen. Does anyone know how to see what cabins are unbooked?

I was once upgraded a few weeks before the itin. No clue why.

At embarcation they'll put you on a list, ask at reception. I've moved to a better cabin of the same type for free, and have been offered a paid upgrade to a larger cabin which we always thought wasn't worth the money and turned down.

WS will not reduce your fare after final payment is done nor will they upgrade you to a better cabin without additional payment. However, once you check in onboard, they may, on a space available basis, upgrade you one step (but not from a regular cabin to a suite or a regular cabin to a balcony cabin). So even upgrades on a space available basis are few and far between as typically WS will lower the price at the last minute to be able to fill up most of the ship.

WS will not reduce your fare after final payment is done nor will they upgrade you to a better cabin without additional payment. However, once you check in onboard, they may, on a space available basis, upgrade you one step (but not from a regular cabin to a suite or a regular cabin to a balcony cabin). So even upgrades on a space available basis are few and far between as typically WS will lower the price at the last minute to be able to fill up most of the ship.

On our last (in every sense of the word) Windstar cruise, friends in an adjacent cabin complained about the odor of cigarette smoke in their cabin, and they were ungraded to a suite, gratis.

• 3 weeks later...

I have changed cabins on the same deck when I did not like my cabin ( room 101 on Windspirit). I moved to 138 or 140 which I liked a lot . I was offered a move on Windstar when I did not my cabin due to hull narrowing the space by the bed - decided not to move, but many times they are sold out.

We have been on the Windsurf twice and both times we paid on board to upgrade to a suite. Each time the upgrade cost $1000 per cabin, not per person. Don't know if that is still a possibility but only offered once you are on board.

After final payment last year on my Star Breeze cruise there was a price reduction. My TA obtained an upgrade for me, a cabin in the lowest level to the next floor up, as well as some OBC. Upon checking in I inquired about an upgrade as a returning customer and I was offered an upgrade to a "balcony" room. It worked out fabulously. I would say never say never.

After final payment last year on my Star Breeze cruise there was a price reduction. My TA obtained an upgrade for me, a cabin in the lowest level to the next floor up, as well as some OBC. Upon checking in I inquired about an upgrade as a returning customer and I was offered an upgrade to a "balcony" room. It worked out fabulously. I would say never say never.

Was your upgrade complimentary? We've always been quoted a price except when the change was to an identical cabin but in a higher level.

Was your upgrade complimentary? We've always been quoted a price except when the change was to an identical cabin but in a higher level.

Yes, the upgrade to a "balcony" room from a second floor room was complimentary. (Sorry I don't know the category designations). I was offered a suite for a $ amount which I found too high. The sailing wasn't full, perhaps that is why I lucked out? I have no idea but I had paid for the lowest level room and sailed in a "balcony" room. I was taking my mom on a special trip and Windstars generosity certainly made it extra special.