Excursions on Spirit in Tahitit?

pumbaa70

Typically when we go on a cruise we book our excursions well I. Advance as there are thousands on the ship but since we are going to Tahiti do we really need to book n advance since the ship is so small

Please advise as we are six weeks out

You are off on a terrific cruise. We are insular people, we never do tours unless we organize them ourselves. We do not shop, we love history, art and culture. We found it difficult to organize in Tahiti so we took the ships tours. We did the spinner dolphin tour with Dr, Poole, great, so educational, he was a wonderful guide. We did the swimming with the sharks and rays, it was fabulous, so much fun, the lagoon so beautiful, we did the historic moais tour with the hike to the cermonial grounds, since we saw them on Easter Island I wanted to do this, very different but extraordinarily fascinating,it was great. The Bora Bora was not for me as stated before I am not a shopper and my interests are more historical and cultural. This was an ordinary bus trip to see tourist things. I should have known myself better, it was my fault. Others had positive feedback. We thought the other three were of the highest quality and a good value. Remember because Tahiti and the islands are so small, the few tour guides there usually cater to the cruise ships. The day on the motu unbeliebanly great. It was a great cruise, if I didn't live so far away ( Massachusetts ) I would go again this time on the 10 day cruise. Happy Sailing.

Just returned from the 7 day tour. I only booked one of the ships tours and booked it the day before it was held. There were a few excursions in the evening talks that the cruise director mentioned were sold out the day before. There were several that were cancelled because of lack of participation.

I did book an SSV tour with Albert's on Moorea that was a blast. There were only 4 couples on the tour and we went to the highest point on island on very narrow roads and through streams. The guide was fantastic. I booked it before we left on line. You do not have to pay until you arrive, and they will pick you up at the dock.

We also booked an outrigger tour with Patrick's on Bora Bora. We swam with the stingrays, black-fin sharks, snorkeled, had a traditional Polynesian meal on a private island. Our guide played the ukelele and sang while steering the boat. It was truly an experience.

I think if there is an excursion that you really want to do on the ship, I would book it ahead just to make sure you were able to do it.

Since we were on the first cruise on the return of WS 10 years after the fire and we did the crossing of the Pacific, we booked when the we arrived in Tahiti. I agree with the texasstar I would reserve in advance, you just do not want to miss out. We had no idea how great the trip would be because the crossing was fabulous. Have a great time, it is amazingly beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
You are off on a terrific cruise. We are insular people, we never do tours unless we organize them ourselves. We do not shop, we love history, art and culture. We found it difficult to organize in Tahiti so we took the ships tours. We did the spinner dolphin tour with Dr, Poole, great, so educational, he was a wonderful guide. We did the swimming with the sharks and rays, it was fabulous, so much fun, the lagoon so beautiful, we did the historic moais tour with the hike to the cermonial grounds, since we saw them on Easter Island I wanted to do this, very different but extraordinarily fascinating,it was great. The Bora Bora was not for me as stated before I am not a shopper and my interests are more historical and cultural. This was an ordinary bus trip to see tourist things. I should have known myself better, it was my fault. Others had positive feedback. We thought the other three were of the highest quality and a good value. Remember because Tahiti and the islands are so small, the few tour guides there usually cater to the cruise ships. The day on the motu unbeliebanly great. It was a great cruise, if I didn't live so far away ( Massachusetts ) I would go again this time on the 10 day cruise. Happy Sailing.

Thank you and texasstar for the information. Just booked today for 8/24/2017 with the airfare and hotel pre and post cruise included.

We usually book all private tours but I might just look at the ship excursions. Planned 6 private tours for our NE/Canada cruise in Sept 2016 and then our Viking Ocean cruise in January 2017 comes with the excursions included and/or optional ones, so guess I'm getting a little lazy! :)