Windstar transfer from Civitavecchia to FCO

KikiKruiser

Windstar says they will transfer you as soon as you debark from ship. Does anyone have any experience with this transfer that the wait is not long? Trying to decide between that and private transfers (which I know will be less expensive) as I know FCO can be crazy hectic.:) TIA for any info!

They have you fill in a transfer slip so they know your flight time etc. The transfers are fast, reliable and efficient. If you're on any type of a tight schedule I'd be more concerned about the above than maybe saving a few dollars at the end of a cruise and possibly missing a flight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please compare the cost of the Windstar transfer to private. I used Rome Cabs last summer for my Seabourn cruise from port to Rome. They were excellent and picked you up directly at the ship as they have port access. You can do a quote online by accessing their website, they also do transfers from port to FCO.

Please compare the cost of the Windstar transfer to private. I used Rome Cabs last summer for my Seabourn cruise from port to Rome. They were excellent and picked you up directly at the ship as they have port access. You can do a quote online by accessing their website, they also do transfers from port to FCO.

Glad to hear you mention success with Rome Cabs. We used them several years ago for the same transfer (port to FCO) and agree they were excellent. Their website says 130 Euros (approx $147 USD) total for 2 people. Windstar would be $115 USD per person. :)

Edited by KikiKruiser

We're going into the city, and booked a shared van with Civitavecchia Cab Service. EU69 for the two of us. I booked for about an hour after we dock and they said they adjust the time as needed if we're late.

Thanks for the tip on Rome Cabs. I also found a few others so we are looking into a shared or private options. Just wondering if anyone has used a local car or shuttle service in Civitavecchia? Does the drive take an hour? What time does Windstar have you get off the ship? Our flight is at 2:45Pm so I assume we need to be at the airport by 12:30. So we would not need to be the fist off the ship

I used Rome Cabs in October for 3 transfers...fco to Rome, Rome to ship, and ship to FCO. All 3 drivers were excellent...arrived early and were good drivers. Ride from ship to sirport is 45 min. Another good transfer or tour co. Is RomeInLimo. I have used them many times.

Just make your life easy and book a private transfer using Rome Cabs. You get a private Mercedes transfer with a professional driver from the ship for a price less than he cruise line transfer. I do not understand why anyone would want to end their trip any other way