Booking on board

lbfluffy

We will be going on the Crown Princess on November 28th and the Grand on June 20th next year. I have both cruises booked, but I read that booking on board gives you something. What does that entail?

You can book on board with the Captains Circle rep, or you could book online using your own device if you have internet minutes. I don't think there is any special pricing of the actual booking when done on board versus doing the same thing from home.

What you can do on board - and should do if you plan to cruise Princess again in next two years, is purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) for $100 per passenger.

Once that is recorded on your Captains' Circle account, it can become the deposit for a future reservation. So it reduces the normal deposit required to $100 and it is pre-paid.

The real perquisite comes when you use the FCD for the deposit on a future reservation. You get an OBC amount, so it's like a rebate of your deposit. The amount of rebate depends on length of cruise and level of cabin booked. You can even get it all back.

Info is available on Princess website or from Princess rep.

Note that FCD is not the same as an FCC. People here mix and confuse the two sometimes.

You can buy MULTIPLE FCD's on board if you have plans to book multiple cruises. It won't make sense to use more than 1 FCD per cruise because you only get ONE OBC per booking.

We will be going on the Crown Princess on November 28th and the Grand on June 20th next year. I have both cruises booked, but I read that booking on board gives you something. What does that entail?

We never book onboard. We just buy FCC's and book when we get home.

You would book onboard with the Future Cruise person not the Captains Circle Host.

The FCC is an FCD. Its used for the same thing.

You would book onboard with the Future Cruise person not the Captains Circle Host.

Yes, that is technically true - my fingers did not type what my brain was thinking. BTW, why waster vacation time trying to track down that reservation person when you can do it at home? I agree.

Yes, that is technically true - my fingers did not type what my brain was thinking. BTW, why waster vacation time trying to track down that reservation person when you can do it at home? I agree.

Absolutely. I also use the order form for the FCC's. :D

That way I have NO contact with the Future Cruise Person. :cool:

We never book onboard. We just buy FCC's and book when we get home.
Same here. There's no benefit to booking onboard. You don't get any perks or extras. Particularly since you can purchase FCCs and book with your TA when you get home. I never book directly with Princess as I prefer to save 10-20% booking with a TA.

Above posts have mentioned the benefits of FCCs.

If you do not have any to use right now, then waiting to book when you are on the ship means you can get the benefits of FCCs, the lower deposit and the OBC on that future cruise. Just see the Future Cruise Consultant when on the ship.

Pricing of the cruise will be exactly the same as if you booked it on shore that day.

(And be sure to buy some FCCs for use on future bookings.)

Well an onboard credit does sound nice. I will have to look into that. I do have my cruise booked, so hoping I can use the FCC on my booked cruise or I guess I can always cancel and rebook. Thanks for your help