Breakfast door cards

geomac53

I made a request on the Oceania site about this and got the answer if you don't have outside balcony or above then you only get cold items. I know on Princess that for inside or ocean view the hot item was an egg McMuffin like item. how about balcony and above.

The door cards are the same for all cabins.

However full suites (not mini-suites) can call room service and order what is on the dining room breakfast menu duriung the time the dining room is open for breakfast.

Since full suite occupants can have breakfast at Sabatini's, I suspect few call for breakfast from the dining room anymore.

I made a request on the Oceania site about this and got the answer if you don't have outside balcony or above then you only get cold items. I know on Princess that for inside or ocean view the hot item was an egg McMuffin like item. how about balcony and above.
the only cabins with expanded room service hang tags are full suites which add omelettes, scrambled eggs and breakfast meats to the standard options. They can also order off of the DR breakfast menu for that day when the DR is open.

The door cards are the same for all cabins.

However full suites (not mini-suites) can call room service and order what is on the dining room breakfast menu duriung the time the dining room is open for breakfast.

Since full suite occupants can have breakfast at Sabatini's, I suspect few call for breakfast from the dining room anymore.

Only on debarkation day when Sabatini's is closed or on days with early shore excursions that leave before Sabatini's opens at 7:30.

Never been in a suite (booooo!!), but have been in all other cabin types. The door hanger for breakfast is the same.

Others have reported (and I have also) ordered something that isn't on the menu. In my case, ordered 1 bacon and got a plate full!!!

Some report asking for Eggs Benedict, fried eggs, stuff like that and been successful. YMMV depending on what you ask for.

I have never heard that about Princess......

You can always try and write something hot in.

There is a egg and cheese muffin with meat on the room service menu . Also in the international cafe. Never had one . After my coffe and juice, I head for the main dining room. Maybe a Danish too. Need a little something to get me to the MD.

Here's what I've done with the door card and it worked. I hand wrote other items like Egg Benedicts, poached eggs, English muffins etc. none of which were on the card and I received exactly what I wrote. One night without thinking I wrote 2 English muffins and received 4 muffins. I also, rather that marking the time 7 am - 7:30 am, circled 7 am and at 7 am there was a knock on my door. Be aware that sometimes the knock is so soft that you may know realize someone is knocking. I received a call asking if I still wanted the food. I also take a lot of ones that I can use for tips.

Tom:)

Only on debarkation day when Sabatini's is closed or on days with early shore excursions that leave before Sabatini's opens at 7:30.

I've duly noted to buy myself a half bottle of champagne and order orange juice when I order the breakfast on debarkation day, so I can "simulate" a mimosa-and it won't be as good as the professionals make, VERY amateur bartender here!

I'd been thinking of getting a pannini from the IC and storing it in the fridge in a container I'll bring with me, but hot scrambled eggs before debarking would be lovely! Thank You for the "Heads Up." I learn something new and useful every time I come on Cruise Critic, and rarely leave with a headache from too much reading, I'm having so much fun!

I don't think you can order breakfast to your room on debark day.

Full suites can. And there have been reports of B2B passengers not changing cabins (or maybe even if they are) having their cabin steward request it for them.

The Full suite Breakfast door cards are different. They list eggs, bacon and other items besides the continental items listed on the regular cabin Breakfast door card.

Yes, that's right. I love room service breakfast in a suite.

Sometimes I have used the door card, and then also ordered from the dining room menu. Sometimes in Alaska, they have had a tasty egg and salmon dish called the Alaska Scrambler. What a treat!

For me, that's too much food in the morning. I ask for cottage cheese and melon as well as cranberry juice, English muffin and tea. That's my idea of a big breakfast. :)

Edited by Pam in CA