live from Island Princess

Kineticoh20

Actually live from a lounge chair poolside. The ship is in fabulous shape. We are in the new Penthouse L721 and the suite is unique to Princess and beautiful. The side balcony is 28 ft long and the rear balcony is spacious. While there are some issues like only one piece of furniture in the rear balcony, no DVD player or VOD, no spa tub we still are really enjoying the suite and would recommend it. Of course there is some vibration but not any more than any other aft room. Food has been exelent Sabatinis great for breakfast with fantastic service. We are currently docked in Mykanos and will sail in 3 hrs to Athens. More to come.

For those concerned about the added cruisers don't give it a second thought. The ship does not feel crowded at all. She shows no signs of wear. The hull looks newly painted. Anytime dinning has been a breeze. by buyou cafe was exelent and Sabatinis also was very nice. We had a couples massage this morning in the new cabana aft in the sanctuary with ocean views! A nice change from the usual massage rooms. Again the uniquely designed Lido Penthouses are very nice although a real wrap around balcony would have been better. We have only been in the Princess theatre once surfing a 1030 show and had no crowd of seating issues. Again kudos to Princess as the food has been exelent.

For those concerned about the added cruisers don't give it a second thought. The ship does not feel crowded at all. She shows no signs of wear. The hull looks newly painted. Anytime dinning has been a breeze. by buyou cafe was exelent and Sabatinis also was very nice. We had a couples massage this morning in the new cabana aft in the sanctuary with ocean views! A nice change from the usual massage rooms. Again the uniquely designed Lido Penthouses are very nice although a real wrap around balcony would have been better. We have only been in the Princess theatre once surfing a 1030 show and had no crowd of seating issues. Again kudos to Princess as the food has been exelent.

Just curious have you been on the Island before? Was there any change to the public areas on deck 5, 6, 7? And I think they remodeled the buffet with this update. Have you taken a look and how was it? Have fun. :)

Thanks

Joe

We had your suite booked for 19 day Panama Canal in Nov of 2016 but changed to Vista Suite on Dolphin because it did not appear there would be very much cover/shade on your aft balcony. Were we correct in that assumption?

Just curious have you been on the Island before? Was there any change to the public areas on deck 5, 6, 7? And I think they remodeled the buffet with this update. Have you taken a look and how was it? Have fun. :)

Thanks

Joe

Deck 12 aft suites have little shade. Our side bacony has no shade but the aft balconies on Lido do. We have not heard a peep from the teen center nor have we seen swarms of teens in the hall. That being said I would not want a balcony ajacent to the door to the center. I can speak to the lower decks as I don't know. And we have not been in the buffet as yet but will tomorrow as Sabatinis won't open til 730 and our tour is 8.

Glad to hear dining has been a breeze so far, but can you please tell me more about your anytime dining experience. About what time do you go? Are asking for a table for two, for a larger or shared table? I am considering switching to anytime.

Glad to hear you are happy with the suite. We have the same suite booked for a winter cruise. Was not happy to find out there is no wrap balcony - that was the reason we picked that suite. So, do you and your guest have to go through the bedroom to get to the side balcony?

I have debated switching to one of the Aloha deck corner suites. Have you heard if it has a wrap balcony? or can you look down at it like on the Royal and Regal. Sounds like the cabin is similar to the OS's on those two ships which I did not like at all.

Is there much space in the living area? the pictures that were posted earlier did not specify which new suites they were of but they looked pretty tight. I know I will never book one again on the Royal - When we pulled out the sofa bed, it touched the other wall. And my wife will not be very upset to hear there are no jets in the tub. Wonder if this is going to be a new trend.

Regarding the furniture on the balcony. Are the lounge chairs on the back or the side? What about the table and chairs? Or should I say, what piece of furniture do you have and where is it? Have they told you why you don't have all the furniture? How can you enjoy the balcony? - ten minutes and then you switch? We are balcony users so that would upset me - but you seem to have a great attitude - good for you.

Glad you are enjoying breakfast - we really enjoy having a relaxing long breakfast and everyone there is always so friendly - staff and other cruisers.

Thanks for the report and hope you continue to have a great time.

It sounds like you are enjoying your cruise so far. Thanks for posting about it here.

Is it true, they did all this "stuff" to her in the dry dock and there is NO INTERNATIONAL CAFE? I sail on her July 21st and I actually expected an International Cafe to be added like they did on the Coral. I am also disappointed they did not upgrade the TV system, I guess I got spoiled by the Regal :) How is the Internet speed?

Glad to hear dining has been a breeze so far, but can you please tell me more about your anytime dining experience. About what time do you go? Are asking for a table for two, for a larger or shared table? I am considering switching to anytime.

Table for two each time and we go at different times.

I've booked the same suite and adjoining Vista Suite for the MIL on a Panama Canal cruise next Feb. I would love some images of your suite, if you have the time of coarse. Have a great cruise.

Hope I did this right!

image.jpg.3ee93266da9b248799029d162f107f76.jpg

Thanks for the images. I'm getting more excited now that you've said that the vibration is no more than regular rear facing suites and you're enjoying the room and cruise. Enjoy those martinis. I like mine Grey Goose straight up with a twist.

I am looking forward to your next installment. Hope you are continuing to have a wonderful cruise.

Could you please post some photos of the aft of the ship? We are particularly interested in the aft facing balconies on the Baja deck - wondering how deep they are and what furniture they have. Also - do the Caribe deck balconies have loungers, or just tables and chairs?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Actually live from a lounge chair poolside. The ship is in fabulous shape. We are in the new Penthouse L721 and the suite is unique to Princess and beautiful. The side balcony is 28 ft long and the rear balcony is spacious. While there are some issues like only one piece of furniture in the rear balcony, no DVD player or VOD, no spa tub we still are really enjoying the suite and would recommend it. Of course there is some vibration but not any more than any other aft room. Food has been exelent Sabatinis great for breakfast with fantastic service. We are currently docked in Mykanos and will sail in 3 hrs to Athens. More to come.

Wonderful updates and photos of the L721 Penthouse.

Can you post balcony and bathroom photos?

Are they planning to add furniture to the side balcony, DVD player and VOD?

I will be in this exact Penthouse on the upcoming Aug 26th sailing.

Thanks for keeping us updated!!