Greetings from the Crown - June 27 2015

Working 2 Cruise

Hello folks!

Flight, transportation and embarkation went very smoothly. We were onboard by 11:30. We did make it to the dining room for lunch, which was great as always.

I know that Tracie-Lynn mentioned a reduced lunch selection, but that wasn't the case here. Loved the avocado and bay shrimp appetizer, as well as the salmon and souffle.

Since we've been up since 2:00 a.m., we are exhausted, but happy. We'll not attend any festivities tonight, nor having dinner.:eek:

Weather in Seattle was incredible.. 89 degrees! It got really hot on that balcony!

I'll follow up tomorrow, I promise!

Thanks for posting and looking forward to your future reports!! DH and I are on the Crown in August.

We've always found the embarkation lunch in the MDR as one of the best available on any day of a Princess cruise...we plan on doing it in August too.

What time did you arrive at the pier? Looks like you have, at the very least, Platinum boarding.

Hi, just wondering if there was a delay leaving port today? I was watching to ships from the Picnic Point area (about 20 miles north of Seattle). Saw the Westerdam and Norwegian Jewel pass by around 5:00. The Crown was about an hour and a half behind them.

Good morning to all! It is a beautiful, sunny day at sea, although a lot chillier than yesterday!

We did get new robes! They are very nice and comfortable. I was speaking with our fantastic cabin attendant (or "stewart") who told me almost everything is getting replaced, i.e., mattresses, sheets and robes.

I, unfortunately don't have much to report about last night... I was asleep by 8:30 p.m.!

I did take advantage of my balcony this morning with room service... Another ahhh moment!

A lot of activities are planned for today. North to Alaska: Living off the land with Forest Ranger Pete Griffin , Guess the Number of Shark's Teeth?, martini demonstration, $50,000 slot tournament, line dancing at sea, ballroom blitz dance class, Alaska, the last Frontier with Michael Modzedlewski, Swim with Sharks gameshow, Destination Anywhere production show, and many, many more...

I am having a bit of a problem with the Shore Excursion desk... they refused to reimburse me for an excursion I cancelled... They said the refund has to come from Corporate, which I know was incorrect. In the end, they said they were going to refund it to my onboard account... I checked, the refund still isn't there. I will check in again later today...:mad:

Until later, arriverdecci!

Good morning to all! It is a beautiful, sunny day at sea, although a lot chillier than yesterday!

We did get new robes! They are very nice and comfortable. I was speaking with our fantastic cabin attendant (or "stewart") who told me almost everything is getting replaced, i.e., mattresses, sheets and robes.

I, unfortunately don't have much to report about last night... I was asleep by 8:30 p.m.!

I did take advantage of my balcony this morning with room service... Another ahhh moment!

A lot of activities are planned for today. North to Alaska: Living off the land with Forest Ranger Pete Griffin , Guess the Number of Shark's Teeth?, martini demonstration, $50,000 slot tournament, line dancing at sea, ballroom blitz dance class, Alaska, the last Frontier with Michael Modzedlewski, Swim with Sharks gameshow, Destination Anywhere production show, and many, many more...

I am having a bit of a problem with the Shore Excursion desk... they refused to reimburse me for an excursion I cancelled... They said the refund has to come from Corporate, which I know was incorrect. In the end, they said they were going to refund it to my onboard account... I checked, the refund still isn't there. I will check in again later today...:mad:

Until later, arriverdecci!

Stay on em! :(

We enjoyed Michael's presentations very much & his narration on the ship's PA in Tracy Arm and his website says he "has a life-long contract with Princess Cruises, as their top Alaska Naturalist and Guest Speaker".

http://michaelmodzelewski.com/2014/12/princess-cruises/

He's a very experienced outdoorsman & an excellent communicator and hopefully you'll also enjoy his presentations.

http://michaelmodzelewski.com/biography/

Edited by Astro Flyer

We enjoyed Michael's presentations very much & his narration on the ship's PA in Tracy Arm and his website says he "has a life-long contract with Princess Cruises, as their top Alaska Naturalist and Guest Speaker".

http://michaelmodzelewski.com/2014/12/princess-cruises/

He's a very experienced outdoorsman & an excellent communicator and hopefully you'll also enjoy his presentations.

http://michaelmodzelewski.com/biography/

We enjoyed listening to him. Even though a little different presentation.

Did you cancel before the cruise or after getting onboard?

Glad things are going well, save for the shorex issue. I loved the balcony too (will have to hope the upgrade fairy visits me in the future). As for Mr. Modzewleski? Not my cup of tea, but I know many like him and he is knowledgeable about Alaska (his cabin was near ours so I saw him , often, in passing)

Looking forward to your live from! I am going to do one next week! We board on the 4th on the Crown! We want to do Crown Grill so i am looking forward to what the dinners are each night so we can choose one worth skipping!

Looking forward to your reports! We too are on the Crown on July 11th. To board by 11:30am, I too am curious on how early you arrived at the pier? Safe travels and have a wonderful trip!

We arrived around 11:00 a.m., checked in, waited in the platinum/elite/suite area, where coffee and pastries were waiting for us. I just had time to swallow one fast and then it was time to embark. Quick, easy and painless!

We have just arrived in Alaska!

Yesterday, we had a quiet day onboard... Enjoyed some sun at the aft terrace pool. Yes, it was partially sunny and warm in the sun. A little chilly out of the sun though. For a portion of the day, we were fogged in, and every five minutes, you could hear the fog horn blowing.

I don't know why we were late departing from Seattle, but I do know that they were still loading luggage onboard after 4:30 p.m.

The Crown is a very lovely ship, everything is in tip top shape.

We did manage to attend for a short while the Captain's reception (I just wanted one of the chocolate pops, which were to die for!). Then, onto the 50th Anniversary dinner, which was very, very good. I just don't understand how people can say food isn't good... :confused:

Yes, I did get my shorex problem fixed!

Then, it was an early night for us, yet again. My husband is really not well, so it does limit my options, but tonight, I will try to attend some of the events.

This morning, of course, I had room service delivered... Of course, I had completely forgotten that the clocks turned back an hour last night, so stupid me... "Where's my coffee?"

I did get my coffee, and watched the spectacular scenery unfold... It was very cold on the balcony, but I didn't care. I did see some sea otters early this morning... What a lovely start to my morning!

We should be docking in Juneau in about three hours... Then, it's on to Mendenhall Glacier.

I have to say, the crew, once again is absolutely fabulous, service impeccable.

I now have gotten my husband to admit that he now wants to plan for our next cruise, and that admission was very hard to come by, believe me! He loves to cruise, he just forgot how much until we got on the ship on Saturday!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Until later!

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We have just arrived in Alaska!

Yesterday, we had a quiet day onboard... Enjoyed some sun at the aft terrace pool. Yes, it was partially sunny and warm in the sun. A little chilly out of the sun though. For a portion of the day, we were fogged in, and every five minutes, you could hear the fog horn blowing.

I don't know why we were late departing from Seattle, but I do know that they were still loading luggage onboard after 4:30 p.m.

The Crown is a very lovely ship, everything is in tip top shape.

We did manage to attend for a short while the Captain's reception (I just wanted one of the chocolate pops, which were to die for!). Then, onto the 50th Anniversary dinner, which was very, very good. I just don't understand how people can say food isn't good... :confused:

Yes, I did get my shorex problem fixed!

Then, it was an early night for us, yet again. My husband is really not well, so it does limit my options, but tonight, I will try to attend some of the events.

This morning, of course, I had room service delivered... Of course, I had completely forgotten that the clocks turned back an hour last night, so stupid me... "Where's my coffee?"

I did get my coffee, and watched the spectacular scenery unfold... It was very cold on the balcony, but I didn't care. I did see some sea otters early this morning... What a lovely start to my morning!

We should be docking in Juneau in about three hours... Then, it's on to Mendenhall Glacier.

I have to say, the crew, once again is absolutely fabulous, service impeccable.

I now have gotten my husband to admit that he now wants to plan for our next cruise, and that admission was very hard to come by, believe me! He loves to cruise, he just forgot how much until we got on the ship on Saturday!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Until later!

Nina,

I was relieved to read this post. I have a friend that just recently sailed on the Crown. She told me the food was just OK and that the crew did not seem very happy. So I was very glad to read your post and hear your perspective. :D:D

Thanks for sharing!!!