Medication left in cabin

murphyjl

Anyone think the standard of cabin cleaners has dropped? Just back from Caribbean Princess and was disappointed to find somebody had obviously dropped a pill of some sort and it fell under bed. It was only just under the bed so if the room had been cleaned properly it would have been found. I had two young children in my cabin who could easily have eaten it. If my son of two had taken this pill and fell ill I would have had no idea what it was. Poor.

Happened to me previously at a major hotel chain. The manager took it seriously investigated it to make sure it was legitimate and then refund my enter room cost for a four day stay. It was around £500. The hotel had a lot of families staying for Legoland Windsor so I don't think they liked the reputation damage this may have caused.

We were on the Royal in May and while storing our luggage under the bed, found two coffee mugs with about an inch of coffee in each one! DH saw our cabin stewardess and showed them to her and suggested she check & clean under the bed more carefully when preparing the room for new passengers and pulling out the luggage/bed protector that is stored under the bed. That was a first for us with food involved in over 100 cruises, however, I did find a New Year's Eve glitzy paper crown behind the sofa last year on the CB - two weeks after the party!

Darcy

Found two dirty coffee cups with left over food inside them in cabin last cruise.

Once found a coffee pot in a drawer. Drawer didn't close properly so you would think someone would have noticed.

On turn around day there is a crew of people cleaning the rooms, not always the room steward. Only time for sure its your Steward is if you are staying on for a B2B.

On the Celebrity Eclipse last year we found men's swim trunks behind the sofa cushions, which we thought was pretty funny (too small for DH :rolleyes:). We simply handed them to our room steward who was embarrassed to have missed them.

Just had the best cabin steward of our 35+ cruises last week- Ruby on the Crown out if Seattle. I would think any cleaning issues would be related to an individual - not lower company standards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

When unpacking for a cruise I was putting clothes away in the closet and found a cell phone on one of the shelves. It's one thing for the cabin steward to miss it but the cell's owner not to realize he (or she of course) didn't have his phone.

Sounds like another good reason to be out of your cabin as early as possible so the cabin steward doesn't have to rush getting the cabins ready by 11 am. As has been stated many times on CC it seems the cabin stewards have more cabins to take care of. All the more reason to check your cabin over very carefully when you get on board.

All the more reason to check your cabin over very carefully when you get on board.

Yes, can check while wiping down the drawers and shelves with Bounty Paper Towels infused with Dawn detergent before you unpack. Then use your Clorox wipes...

Got this tip off a recent thread about packing - someone stated that they put their dirty laundry in a drawer, which prompted a big EEeeeww response from everyone else.

It won't kill / cure all the potential cooties, but it sure cuts down on the possible yuk factor.

...Got this tip off a recent thread about packing - someone stated that they put their dirty laundry in a drawer, which prompted a big EEeeeww response from everyone else...

That is one reason we live out of our suitcases when we travel, beside not having to spend time unpacking and repacking at the beginning and end of the trip. Dirty clothes go in a large Ziploc bag. I do hang my slacks and shirts, though, to get the wrinkles out, but nothing goes in drawers.

I have also found various items left in cabins and hotel rooms over the years, especially room service trays or leftovers, often under the bed .

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
spelling

This is why I've found it odd that the cabins on Princess are ready when you board. I'd rather the stewards have the time to do a thorough and quality job. I can tote my carry on for a few hours during lunch and at the pool.

On a Princess cruise last year, there was glass on the carpet by the balcony door from a broken beer bottle. They weren't tiny pieces either. I guess they didn't vacuum that turnaround day. The steward looked shocked when I showed it to him.

Just had the best cabin steward of our 35+ cruises last week- Ruby on the Crown out if Seattle. I would think any cleaning issues would be related to an individual - not lower company standards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I hope you turned in a written report on Ruby for her good work. Never can tell when one more written "attaboy" (or in this case "attagirl") can be the one that gets that person a bonus, promotion, raise, or some other sort of recognition!

Tom

The worse thing I've found on Princess was a dirty glass in a drawer. I found it after the ship hit rough waters during the middle of the first night. It was rolling back and forth, hitting the sides of the drawer and waking me up.

I once found a razor blade on the floor of a hotel.

Another place to always check is under the bottom drawer in the drawers at the desk.

Items can fall off of the back of the drawer, go under the bottom drawer and stay there until someone accidentally finds them.

I always check this at the end of a cruise to be sure I have not lost something.

No one cleans like you would yourself, in most cases. We have a condo we rent, and the "cleaners" do a poor job, IMO. Whenever we stay in our property, I do MAJOR cleaning..whoever rents after we've been there is lucky, indeed!!

On Princess we had a ping pong ball. On our last RCI cruise there was a huge alligator hair clip on the floor, next to the drawers.

Had me going for a moment until I noticed 'hair clip' :)